2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't know how "rear leg room" is measured. All I can do is compare the figures between vehicles.

21 Bronco Sport - 36.9"
12 Fusion - 37.1"
13 Escape - 36.8"
20 Escape - 40.7"
20 Edge - 40.6"

We currently have a 2012 Fusion and the rear leg room has never been an issue for anyone seated in the rear. I have also been a passenger in the rear seat of a 2013 Escape and again, seemed to have adequate leg room. I'm thinking that this issue has come up and explored to this extent because the photos seem to show little leg room in the Bronco Sports. I know it looks that way to me anyway.
Sponsored

eric71267

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Does anyone know what the rear cargo opening height is on the Bronco Sport?

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry

If you seen this video, that guy (right) looks over 6ft. He sat behind himself, and claimed he liked the legroom.
I also look at it like a Southwest Airlines flight, which I’m assuming we’ve all done... I’m 6’2” and the leg room is less of an issue than upper body comfort. That’s just me though. So I’m hoping that extra head room in rear seats is a contributing factor to our “zone of comfort” so to speak. Like a depth perception thing. Hope it works out for everyone for sure.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Did you seen the announcement about the GMC Hummer EV? I guess if 270 HP is not enough, you can get 1000 HP. Is there a point where it just gets ridiculous (just because you can doesn't mean you should)? But it is impressive to read about.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
How would a vehicle of that size, shape, and weight handle going from 0-60 in 3 seconds? Ive never drove a hummer but the ones prior always looked clumsy. I think this is the best looking one so far but doesn’t appeal to me personally. At that price I would go defender
At that price I would go broke and starve to death.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I confess I am struggling with the real seat leg room, listed as 36.9 inches. On the plus side, it is more than
  • Bronco 4 door (36.3 inches)
  • 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD (32.9 inches)
  • Ranger XLT and Lariat Tremor (30.4 inches)
It is less than
  • 2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium (my current car) (listed as 43.7 inches)
  • Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring (39.5 inches)
Maybe it is not the most important thing. But driving four adults to downtown Seattle was a cramped experience in my Focus. And the Focus is apparently much roomier which is hard to believe.

I dunno... just thinking a lot (cuz what else are we going to do right now! :cool: )
The 4Runner TRD Is that tight. Wow... honestly I drove a rental a few times but never sat in back. Crazy.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 4Runner TRD Is that tight. Wow... honestly I drove a rental a few times but never sat in back. Crazy.
I promise not to post more on this. But on S1.E1 of Top Gear Top 41 (Amazon Prime) Richard Hammond showed the ultimate answer to the Hummer EV and any other off roader you can imagine: the Marauder. It is an awesome machine, "like driving a small house"... In case you ever feel the BS is not quite cutting it. Happy Friday!

Last edited:

BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is a good question, all I can find is cubic feet of cargo space.
Best I can do right now. Points are measured from the narrowest points of entry and widest points of entry for rear cargo space. Also, shows with just the rear window open. Hope this helps. If you need any other angles let me know.

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4536

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4537

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4539

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4541

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4542

Ford Bronco Sport Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition IMG_4543

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I test drove four on that list and one that was not. No need to name the ones I tested.
The Bronco Sport 1.5L I3 I purchased was a hands down winner for me.
IMHO My Bronco was.
Smoother, tighter, quieter with the best fit and finish.
It felt more powerful with a much broader power band reaching farther down the RPM range and Farther up the Revs.
Yes the Transmission had something to do with that, a bunch actually. I found it also top of the heap.
It handled best,
Had the quietest cabin of them all by again, Alot more than a little.
Had the best seats and the best rear leg room.
Had the most powerful air conditioning system and best defroster with the best vent operation.
My Bronco Sport felt closer to a $50,000 sport ute while All the others felt like either oriental junk or economy suv's

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I test drove four on that list and one that was not. No need to name the ones I tested.
The Bronco Sport 1.5L I3 I purchased was a hands down winner for me.
IMHO My Bronco was.
Smoother, tighter, quieter with the best fit and finish.
It felt more powerful with a much broader power band reaching farther down the RPM range and Farther up the Revs.
Yes the Transmission had something to do with that, a bunch actually. I found it also top of the heap.
It handled best,
Had the quietest cabin of them all by again, Alot more than a little.
Had the best seats and the best rear leg room.
Had the most powerful air conditioning system and best defroster with the best vent operation.
My Bronco Sport felt closer to a $50,000 sport ute while All the others felt like either oriental junk or economy suv's
Thank you!
Every time I see these glowing reports, I get really antsy waiting for my Sport to arrive. Just a couple more weeks!

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
For me it was down to Seltos SX or BS. Seltos just doesn't have the same character. I don't really care about 4x4 and towing stuff. It needed to be big enough to fit my bikes and short enough to get those tight parking spots. I even considered veloster turbo with a manual for a while.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Thanks!

Now... as to "what" the competition is.... (for me)....
*CVT equipped vehicles are not on "my" comparison list. (Must have AT or MT)
*Towing "must" be equal to or greater than my 2007 Mercury 3.0 V6 Mariner. which is 3500 per : https://www.edmunds.com/mercury/mariner/2007/st-100725425/features-specs/

As a "potential customer" IMHO FoMoCo has left out several vehicles that they should have included in this list, with the Honda Passport being one of them. Yes, yes, I hear some of you say that the Passport isn't in the same class as the Sport, well... for me, as a "potential customer" , it's is a Direct Competitor even with a MSRP from $32,000 to $44,000. 280HP 3.5L V6, 3500 2wd/5000 4wd Towing (properly equipped).

The Sport (Badlands) optioned out the way that I would order it is over $37,000 which also puts the Honda Passport in the mix as far as price goes for me.

Again... For me... FoMoCo has missed the mark.
Maybe so if your comparing it to tow capacity of a model 14 years ago. You don't sound like a potential customer, you sound like a Honda Rep. Anyone looking at the Broncos would put the Explorer in the same class as a Passport....Fully Loaded Bronco- About $39K w/packages compared to at least 49K w/packages for a passport. Everyone else is right in saying it is apples to oranges.
Sponsored