Full Tech Spec Comparison vs the Competition

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I hope you are right. I got the numbers from https://carbuzz.com which has what seem like official specs from the various products. I hope their numbers are wrong and yours are right. I guess we will see once there are demonstrators available... everything is speculation right now.

Thanks for the post!

Looks like everywhere else I have checked, the Focus Hatchback has 33.2" or rear legroom.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe

If you seen this video, that guy (right) looks over 6ft. He sat behind himself, and claimed he liked the legroom.
and to add he had the driver seat adjusted for his comfort also. So 6ft+ driver and 6ft+ rear passenger will be comfortable.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2012 Ford Fusion
I don't know how "rear leg room" is measured. All I can do is compare the figures between vehicles.

21 Bronco Sport - 36.9"
12 Fusion - 37.1"
13 Escape - 36.8"
20 Escape - 40.7"
20 Edge - 40.6"

We currently have a 2012 Fusion and the rear leg room has never been an issue for anyone seated in the rear. I have also been a passenger in the rear seat of a 2013 Escape and again, seemed to have adequate leg room. I'm thinking that this issue has come up and explored to this extent because the photos seem to show little leg room in the Bronco Sports. I know it looks that way to me anyway.

eric71267

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Does anyone know what the rear cargo opening height is on the Bronco Sport?

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry

If you seen this video, that guy (right) looks over 6ft. He sat behind himself, and claimed he liked the legroom.
I also look at it like a Southwest Airlines flight, which I’m assuming we’ve all done... I’m 6’2” and the leg room is less of an issue than upper body comfort. That’s just me though. So I’m hoping that extra head room in rear seats is a contributing factor to our “zone of comfort” so to speak. Like a depth perception thing. Hope it works out for everyone for sure.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
Did you seen the announcement about the GMC Hummer EV? I guess if 270 HP is not enough, you can get 1000 HP. Is there a point where it just gets ridiculous (just because you can doesn't mean you should)? But it is impressive to read about.

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Did you seen the announcement about the GMC Hummer EV? I guess if 270 HP is not enough, you can get 1000 HP. Is there a point where it just gets ridiculous (just because you can doesn't mean you should)? But it is impressive to read about.
How would a vehicle of that size, shape, and weight handle going from 0-60 in 3 seconds? Ive never drove a hummer but the ones prior always looked clumsy. I think this is the best looking one so far but doesn’t appeal to me personally. At that price I would go defender

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
How would a vehicle of that size, shape, and weight handle going from 0-60 in 3 seconds? Ive never drove a hummer but the ones prior always looked clumsy. I think this is the best looking one so far but doesn’t appeal to me personally. At that price I would go defender
At that price I would go broke and starve to death.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I confess I am struggling with the real seat leg room, listed as 36.9 inches. On the plus side, it is more than
  • Bronco 4 door (36.3 inches)
  • 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD (32.9 inches)
  • Ranger XLT and Lariat Tremor (30.4 inches)
It is less than
  • 2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium (my current car) (listed as 43.7 inches)
  • Subaru Outback 2.5i Touring (39.5 inches)
Maybe it is not the most important thing. But driving four adults to downtown Seattle was a cramped experience in my Focus. And the Focus is apparently much roomier which is hard to believe.

I dunno... just thinking a lot (cuz what else are we going to do right now! :cool: )
The 4Runner TRD Is that tight. Wow... honestly I drove a rental a few times but never sat in back. Crazy.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124
The 4Runner TRD Is that tight. Wow... honestly I drove a rental a few times but never sat in back. Crazy.
I promise not to post more on this. But on S1.E1 of Top Gear Top 41 (Amazon Prime) Richard Hammond showed the ultimate answer to the Hummer EV and any other off roader you can imagine: the Marauder. It is an awesome machine, "like driving a small house"... In case you ever feel the BS is not quite cutting it. Happy Friday!

Last edited: