Frustrated - 3 Week Old Bronco Keyed

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This happened on Saturday. Most likely happened at my son’s baseball game.

It’s not that large of an area, on the passenger side door below the mirror and by the Big Bend badge.

Took it by two body shops today. $1500-$1800 to fix and an insane amount of plastic trim pieces that need to be removed and replaced because they aren’t reusable.

Now for the million dollar question: Do I file an insurance claim or pay out of pocket?
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
This happened on Saturday. Most likely happened at my son’s baseball game.

It’s not that large of an area, on the passenger side door below the mirror and by the Big Bend badge.

Took it by two body shops today. $1500-$1800 to fix and an insane amount of plastic trim pieces that need to be removed and replaced because they aren’t reusable.

Now for the million dollar question: Do I file an insurance claim or pay out of pocket?
Depends on your deductible and what your available funds are. If you can swing it without a claim, it might be in your best interest. If the area has video, you might check and see if the culprit is identifiable. Then try and get them to reimburse.

OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depends on your deductible and what your available funds are. If you can swing it without a claim, it might be in your best interest. If the area has video, you might check and see if the culprit is identifiable. Then try and get them to reimburse.
$500 deductible. A chunk of change saved upfront but I’m unsure what that means to my premium going forward.

I was parked on a city owned lot (Parks & Rec Baseball complex). No cameras in the area I was parked unfortunately.

I did file a police report. They said no other reports have been filed from Saturday in that lot. I don’t think there’s any chance I’m going to find the culprit.

M225

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Long story short you have to speak with your insurance. My friend had a similar thing happen to him, side swiped on the side of the road, driver drove off. No cameras or footage, but the insurance company didnt ping him with any penalties, just the deductible.

Check to see if your insurance has accident forgiveness and stuff like that. Sorry to hear, I hate hearing these stories of small scratches and the insane prices to fix em.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
$500 deductible. A chunk of change saved upfront but I’m unsure what that means to my premium going forward.

I was parked on a city owned lot (Parks & Rec Baseball complex). No cameras in the area I was parked unfortunately.

I did file a police report. They said no other reports have been filed from Saturday in that lot. I don’t think there’s any chance I’m going to find the culprit.
Wow that sux, I think I’d be a little more than frustrated if it were me. Hopefully it’s under your comprehensive & doesn’t ding you for any claim. It can’t hurt to ask your insurance.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This is one of my fears; hence I park far from everyone if I can 🤷‍♂️ gives me a little peace of mind.....

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not quite as bad as a keying, but somebody scraped my rear driver's door so there's about an inch long scratch through the paint on mine. Too stubborn to bother with getting it fixed - figure more will come especially if I can find some opportunity to go off-road around here...

I plan to keep this thing until I drive it into the ground (hopefully many years as we both work from home so mileage is super low).

Hope you get yours fixed!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
That sucks! People can be such jerks.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
OP
OP
brynamic

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not quite as bad as a keying, but somebody scraped my rear driver's door so there's about an inch long scratch through the paint on mine. Too stubborn to bother with getting it fixed - figure more will come especially if I can find some opportunity to go off-road around here...

I plan to keep this thing until I drive it into the ground (hopefully many years as we both work from home so mileage is super low).

Hope you get yours fixed!
I’m usually understanding about door dings and various scratches. It’s inevitable! This scratch starts about two inches under the passenger window, goes under the mirror, straight down to the big bend logo then a sharp turn towards the back of the car. They contained the scratch only to the passenger door but the front quarter panel also need to be painted so they can blend it in properly.

This is the first brand new car we’ve bought since 2008 so it’s really frustrating to have this happen when the vehicle itself just rolled off the line in April! Not a scratch on the thing yet and it’s first is a doozy.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If someone scratches or dings my car and I catch them, even if it’s an accident, they will pay for it.