First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I've been hearing from people who's cabins are loud, and others, like you, who have no issues. All I can say is this trick worked for me.
I think the ones that are noisy have a build issue. Ford did not engineer them like that. They likely missing a seal or something. Stuffing stuff in gap is masking the real issue. But not likely dealer would fix under lying issue. Mine has giant gap and is very quiet 70+ mph don't have turn up radio quiet. So if my moonroof sport is quiet others not there is a defect in the noisy ones.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bstn rnr

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think the ones that are noisy have a build issue. Ford did not engineer them like that. They likely missing a seal or something. Stuffing stuff in gap is masking the real issue. But not likely dealer would fix under lying issue. Mine has giant gap and is very quiet 70+ mph don't have turn up radio quiet. So if my moonroof sport is quiet others not there is a defect in the noisy ones.
I guess that's possible. Mine has a thin rubber seal but it's tucked in way down the gap. Again, all I know is this was a cheap and easy fix.

Last edited:

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is a 21 and the gap is significant. I checked a 23 model and it has the gap too. I have a rubber strip in it but it's so far down the windshield you can hardly see it. But, others have said they don't hear a wind noise so maybe it is a QC issue.
Yes. I had a 21 and traded for a 23. Both had excessive wind noise. I'm going to try this.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Made a video because it was easier than making multiple posts in various Bronco Sport groups. Apologies for the amateur nature of the video but it was a one-man show.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this. I had a 21 BL and traded for a 23BL, both have sunroofs and both had/have wind noise.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Great idea...My BS is pretty quiet but my Transit 250 has a similar gap and a LOT of wind noise. I'm definitely going to try sealing it.

A quick search found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Moulding-Universal-Automotive-Stripping/dp/B0CFVFMLVJ?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=ABO6JBQ5RX90L&th=1

It would look a little funky but definitely would streamline the gap and be properly weather resistant. Backer rod is designed to be hidden behind a caulk bead. I would expect it to become brittle with UV exposure within a year or so.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
IDK. I'm a little afraid of the stick on one. It's true that car windshields used to have these trim pieces. So it's a little annoying that consumers have to "re-buy" this missing stuff. But that stick on feels like it would have more pros than cons. These windows were designed to be installed the way they are, with no frames.
Pro: Allegedly less noise. Allegedly "waterproofs" a waterproof thing.
Cons: Probably traps dust and moisture in reality. Looks more or less fugly depending on skill of installer. I guarantee that "adhesion enhancer" must be used and also guarantee it messes up the finish on those shiny black pillars our car has. PITA to clean around it. Likely issue in high heat and/or much sun UV.

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Make sure your tire pressure is at 33 lbs. The guys at the dealership for one reason or another cranked up my tire pressure to 40 lbs. at the last service. I felt every crack on the road and the noise level was high. When I got home I lowered it back down to 33 lbs. as prescribed on the door and what a difference that made. It cut the noise in half and the ride was as smooth as silk.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Make sure your tire pressure is at 33 lbs. The guys at the dealership for one reason or another cranked up my tire pressure to 40 lbs. at the last service. I felt every crack on the road and the noise level was high. When I got home I lowered it back down to 33 lbs. as prescribed on the door and what a difference that made. It cut the noise in half and the ride was as smooth as silk.
My car was delivered in January, temp was right around freezing, and tires set to 33 psi before delivery.
Now that warmer weather is here, the "cold" pressure is up to 35-36 psi, and I dropped them back to 33 psi.
Sponsored