SWUKU

First Edition
First Name
GB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I may have overlooked this, but what is the ballpark price for these components (or MSRP)? Thanks
Sponsored

Pinski66

Badlands
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger,
I may have overlooked this, but what is the ballpark price for these components (or MSRP)? Thanks
Check out the f
Aloha Big K!
The remote start feature can be enabled or disabled on the unit via a jumper that comes with the unit. My FE too already had the remote start on the FOB.... So I kept the remote start enabled on the alarm... Nothing changed still works as it did before.

You can also adjust the sensitivity. I set it high... Funny story.. My daughter's friend come over and she bumped her front bike tire into my front tire... The alarm set off immediately.. Scared her.
If I bump my fist on the body it gives a short honk... So it works great.

I finally had the dash cameras installed and they work along with any alarm... Heads up if you get the rear camera.. If you don't unlock the tail gate but only touch the handle to keyless entry . The motion of the camera moving up sets the alarm off. FYI
Sorry, I'm confused. I have remote start from the factory on my fob. Should I connect the jumper?

Swuku, the first tread has the link from Levittown ford. It has the prices they discount off msrp if you want to order online

BroncoNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Seems like this is alarm system (something out of the 90's style fartcan civic Viper alarms going off).

Appears to serve mostly one (maybe two) functions:
  • Adds shock/breaking window sensor
    • Will chirp or go full alarm depending on severity detected
  • [May already exist on your trim] Adds remote start from key FOB
    • For trims not containing the remote start, a Forscan edit/Dealer sounds like can enable it.
  • [Guessing/Speculative perk] Alarm going off triggers alert in Ford Pass
    • The scenario: you, the avid bronco sport rock climber, are scaling El Capitan and get an alert from Ford Pass. You take a moment to take in the majestic scenery... then, calculating the trajectory, you cut the line and go swinging to your Bronco Sport to dive bomb those hoodlums!!! Zong! You blind them with fistful of chalk and proceed use a tent patch kit to seal up your broken window. Alas, your collectable titanium wilderness cup has disappeared off your molle straps and you let out an intense yell YAARRGGGG!!.
Scenarios aside, it seems auto industry has moved away from this sort of thing. This retrofit exists, but I do wonder if its a consider socially a regression vs upgrade. I guess that explains why its an option not even listed on build interface. Convenience access for sure though.

Perhaps there is a better take on this though, just was looking into it as a possible mod.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Wait, does the BSBL not have a alarm already built in? Or is this thread for the other models that may not have it?

BroncoNomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Wait, does the BSBL not have a alarm already built in? Or is this thread for the other models that may not have it?
Presumably it does, just not one that does perimeter/glass breaking sensing from factory (e.g. attempting to open doors once locked would probably trigger alarm).

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Presumably it does, just not one that does perimeter/glass breaking sensing from factory (e.g. attempting to open doors once locked would probably trigger alarm).
Interesting. I figured for such a high trim model, something like this would already be included, but perhaps not.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Interesting. I figured for such a high trim model, something like this would already be included, but perhaps not.
BL + has everything except the "shock sensor/broken window" portion. If you want to add this AND HAVE remote start already, there's a dip switch setting. Otherwise, this also adds remote start to non equipped vehicles. Did this to my 2018 F150...

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Just got the alarm module new out of box from ebay for $95... Identical part numbers and pictures match exactly..
Will update when it arrives and I get it installed. In some of the areas I have to park for work the shock sensor will be a good thing.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I installed this the other day. It's been working well so far. I set the sensitivity all the way up and so far it's gone off three times in the first few days and not at all since. Once was when a neighbor's garbage can flew away in the wind and bumped my car, once during a severe thunderstorm and once randomly overnight. So I might dial it down slightly. But it's nice because you get an alert on your phone when the shock sensor is tripped. I changed the app notifications settings so it would alert me even if my phone was set to Do Not Disturb and I assigned a unique notification sound. That way if the notification comes in during the middle of the night, it might wake me up.

I installed the red light on the left side of the steering column so it's very visible to someone standing at the driver's side window. And I figured if I ever remove it, which I won't, the steering column plastic is cheap to replace. The instructions called for 9/16 drill bit to drill the hole for the light. I didn't have that (and my friend also didn't have that) so I went one step smaller and did that thing where you rotate the bit in the hole as you drill. Worked fine, looks stock. Don't do what I did and hook up the light first and then drill the hole. The wire needs to go through the hole first and then into the module. So yeah. Bonehead mistake, but it was quick to fix.

The other thing that wasn't especially clear to me was that the module plugs into the OBD port, but you have to remove the plug that goes into the back of the OBD port. It doesn't go into the front of the OBD port and doesn't use any other plugs under the dash. The instructions aren't clear about this and I spent a while trying to find the plug that the instructions were referencing. Now that I know, it seems obvious and I felt dumb for not realizing. But initially I was scratching my head wondering if I was supposed to hook it up to one of the other plugs that's buried up inside the dash.

Also, you don't have to remove any dash panels. The OBD port is on the bottom left side of the dash and pretty easy to access. I removed the left side dash panel, the one that's covered when the door is closed. I guess it made it a little easier. But you don't have to.

The module comes with 6 white zip ties. So you should really think hard about where you want the module to go and how you want the zip ties to go before you start zipping them. I know that's also obvious, but once I started tightening one of the zip ties, I realized it was in a bad position. So I had to cut it and use another.

I hope this helps. To me, this is a no brainer. It's a definite upgrade. When I read that story about the guy on here having his roof rack stolen and his alarm never went off, I decided to get this and I don't regret it. The main draw for me is the app notification. I don't think car alarms do anything to protect your car unless you get a notification. And the shock sensor helps with smash and grab type incidents and other people messing with your car.

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Interesting.... If I can find one of these for under $100 on eBay, I'll probably go ahead and add it too.

One thing I wonder, though? I already have the 4DTech engine start/stop eliminator, which is basically just a wiring harness with a small circuit board spliced in. It, too, plugs into the rear of the ODB port. So is there going to be any issue with daisy-chaining both it AND this alarm system connector behind there? (Obviously will need some creative zip tie-ing to tuck all that extra wiring up there neatly...)

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
If there's an issue, just remove the start/stop eliminator and drive in sport mode. That automatically turns off start/stop.

Bubby21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS
BL + has everything except the "shock sensor/broken window" portion. If you want to add this AND HAVE remote start already, there's a dip switch setting. Otherwise, this also adds remote start to non equipped vehicles. Did this to my 2018 F150...
Sucks... It seems that the word is already out to break the window to get into Bronco Sports. It already happened to my 2023. Shame on Ford. For the price tag, a sensor alarm should be included. Yes, I know, it's 2023 and consumers pay more and get less. My bad.
Sponsored