Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford needs to step up their game with comfort. For the past 2 weeks I have driven 4 different cars a Subaru BMW Toyota And Volvo (it's a work thing) All of which are way more comfortable than the Broncos sport badlands I have. My sport can compete with them any day of the week now so don't get it twisted I'm just saying Ford can do better with the seats. I hope next year you hear our cries and make the seats more comfortable. Let's allow the backseat to recline (Imagine that) The powers there the look is there but the comfort not so much. Get it together Ford.
I totally agree. My previous Escape Titanium has a 10-way seat that you could tilt for thigh support. It also had more bolsters. I can’t for the life of me get comfortable in my flat BL leather seat. I’m constantly adjusting the seat back and lumbar support to no avail.
Sponsored

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
My OB seats are pretty comfortable. We took the BS to Asheville the day after I got it so I was on the road for 4-5 hours. I was able to get it adjusted to where I like it and the lumbar support was great. I would agree though having a tilt for the thigh support would be even better.

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've posted this in a few other spots with the hope of some similar experiences but my driver seat in my FE feels like it's tilting toward the door. Either there's something missing on the outer side or there's something not put together right making the console side higher. Cushion replacement didn't fix it (tried other BS and haven't had this issue).

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford needs to step up their game with comfort. For the past 2 weeks I have driven 4 different cars a Subaru BMW Toyota And Volvo (it's a work thing) All of which are way more comfortable than the Broncos sport badlands I have. My sport can compete with them any day of the week now so don't get it twisted I'm just saying Ford can do better with the seats. I hope next year you hear our cries and make the seats more comfortable. Let's allow the backseat to recline (Imagine that) The powers there the look is there but the comfort not so much. Get it together Ford.
I have completly the opposite feelings. I have back issues and I love my seats.

I also have had a 2017 explorer and a 2020 edge and I like my bronco seats more.

mtrm100

Badlands
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've posted this in a few other spots with the hope of some similar experiences but my driver seat in my FE feels like it's tilting toward the door. Either there's something missing on the outer side or there's something not put together right making the console side higher. Cushion replacement didn't fix it (tried other BS and haven't had this issue).
I thought it was me! I have BL and noticed the seat tilts out towards the door - they are fabric not leather. I'm going in to the dealer this week so may mention it to them to see if there is a fix. I also wish the seat was a little longer. I'm not that tall (5'6") but would like something to hit behind my knee and not mid thigh. It was my only complaint when I test drove my vehicle and nearly went with the Subaru Forester. Very glad I didn't but it still niggles me.

Last edited:

jshar

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Weighing in on the seat thread - I have a Big Bend BS and I agree that the back seats would be more comfortable if they could tilt back just a little and while we're on this subject, I also wish the front seats and especially the driver seat had a little more lower lumbar support. I compensate for better lower lumbar support with a form pillow designed to provide that comfort for use in cars.

walkinginsanity

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I am 6'6" 260 lbs. The seat is small for me and the bottom seat part could be longer. I do have manual seats on driver and passenger. I will say I have more leg room in the BS than I did in the Edge SEL I traded in. These seats are much more comfortable than the Edge leather, well kinda-leather. Reclining back seats would be nice and the Power lift gate with foot wiggle opening is missed, Edge had both.

Last edited:

BSinDayton

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think they are pretty great and have no issues with them besides wanting just a smidgen more of thigh support. Other than that they are damn near perfect.

Sprat

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2019 Acura RDX
I find the 8 way power driver seat in my Big Bend to be okay. I agree that the seat should be longer for optimal leg support. I, too, would have paid extra for the power seat for the passenger. My other car is a 2019 Acura RDX A-spec and it has the most comfortable seats in any car I’ve ever owned hands down. It also has a button on the key fob to open the tailgate which is super convenient when grocery shopping of getting out gear at the beach… First world problems, I know… But it would be nice. I only have 175 miles on my BB and I love it! Especially the power moonroof!

Fritz Bay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I could use some more adjustability (BS BL without BL option). Especially length of seat. Before BS, I was driving Audi A8L and Chevy 2500HD 4WD Crew Cab. Most comfortable seat I've had (6'3", was 6'4" before new hips about 5 years ago) was an F350 crew cab dually.

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
When I test drove a BB and a BL Sport I came to the conclusion that I did not like the seats in the BB, but really liked the upgraded leather seats in the BL. So that’s what I went with. Overall I’m happy with them for a just under $40K vehicle. For larger people, I could see where they could be a bit narrow or small compared to what many are used to in larger vehicles. I know they’re the same seats, but the reinforcement and leather makes a huge difference. I wish they had a couple more adjustments, primarily a seat pan tilt. Like all things comfort, this is different for everyone.

PetariJ

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought it was me! I have BL and noticed the seat tilts out towards the door - they are fabric not leather. I'm going in to the dealer this week so may mention it to them to see if there is a fix. I also wish the seat was a little longer. I'm not that tall (5'6") but would like something to hit behind my knee and not mid thigh. It was my only complaint when I test drove my vehicle and nearly went with the Subaru Forester. Very glad I didn't but it still niggles me.
I've seen a few others agree with me on this issue. I can't for the life of me figure out what the cause could be. I've spent hours in my passenger seat and have a more comfortable experience. I'm not sure if there's something more firm under my right leg than makes the left side seem like it's falling or not. I'm 220lb 6' and with leather seats.

Let me know what you might come up with. Super interesting that there's a small population experiencing this. The conditions (trim, leather/fabric) seem to be all over the place though so I can't pinpoint anything connecting it all.

I'm basically super paranoid now with any discomfort, they tried replacing my cushion back in July (I got the car end of April) and it turned out that they "installed it wrong" for 2 months before finally putting it in correctly (another dealership identified that it was installed inappropriately). It felt better but I don't think it's the cushion's fault at this point.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
considering how many body types there are I'm surprised more don't complain.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My OB leather seats are more comfortable then the seats that were in my BB. To me they provide better support. My 2019 Ranger seats were pretty comfortable though.
Sponsored