rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I'm in SC in a suburb of Charlotte, NC. When I was looking for an OBX locally two months ago, one Charlotte Ford dealer had a $10K mark up and $1500 in dealer BS overpriced add-ons on a cactus gray/ebony roast OBX optioned the way I wanted it.
I bought from a Ford dealer an hour away and got $400 off the sticker and $1200 in accessories free with my second color choice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
I really believe that this should be illegal. [...]
I hope this is hyperbole. Free markets deal with this stuff really, really well. We don't actually need the government to sort out all of our peeves, irritations, and niggles.

As others have said, I'm not sure it's possible to option out a Heritage model to arrive at a $46,000 MSRP ... so this is most assuredly a Heritage Limited. Unlike other vehicles' Limited trim levels, the BS HL is actually limited (1,966 vehicles). So, no X-Plan and perhaps there is a supply/demand situation that favors the dealership. But, I seriously doubt $25K reflects the constrained supply.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
$285 US for nitrogen in the tires? WTF?
I know, right. I can pull up to Costco’s Tire Center and have all of my tires filled with Nitrogen at no charge.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hendrick Honda dealers by me have Lo-Jack for $1500 as part of their add-ons.
What is this the '90s? If my vehicle is stolen, I don't want it back.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About those market adjustments and dealer add-ons. I'm a Ford and Honda guy.
I was going to buy a Honda Passport (love the V6)but $4K over list for a '23 was a turnoff. We paid just over $2K for my wife's
'23 HR-V EX-L but that was months ago.
I loved the style of the BS and was able to buy one at a decent price. The only turnoff is not having the 2.0L option but the power is adequate. Though, I haven't hit any steep hills which will be interesting.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
About those market adjustments and dealer add-ons. I'm a Ford and Honda guy.
I was going to buy a Honda Passport (love the V6)but $4K over list for a '23 was a turnoff. We paid just over $2K for my wife's
'23 HR-V EX-L but that was months ago.
I loved the style of the BS and was able to buy one at a decent price. The only turnoff is not having the 2.0L option but the power is adequate. Though, I haven't hit any steep hills which will be interesting.
Our honda dealer here sells at MSRP. They got me a red passport trailsport last year from another dealer and values were so high at the time I was about $4k in positive equity on the 2020 passport we traded in. Then last september traded our 2020 hrv for a 2023 hrv. At the time they were selling everything pretty much as soon as it arrived. Literally got it about 30 minutes after they unloaded it from the transport. It is vastly better than the 2020 which was super gutless (although the 23 is really only a little better here) and was so unbelievably loud on the road it was ridiculous. It also just felt like a tin can. It's my daughter's car and she is heading to WSU in a few weeks. I wanted her to have a safer vehicle for when she comes home for holidays and the occasional weekend.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Our honda dealer here sells at MSRP. They got me a red passport trailsport last year from another dealer and values were so high at the time I was about $4k in positive equity on the 2020 passport we traded in. Then last september traded our 2020 hrv for a 2023 hrv. At the time they were selling everything pretty much as soon as it arrived. Literally got it about 30 minutes after they unloaded it from the transport. It is vastly better than the 2020 which was super gutless (although the 23 is really only a little better here) and was so unbelievably loud on the road it was ridiculous. It also just felt like a tin can. It's my daughter's car and she is heading to WSU in a few weeks. I wanted her to have a safer vehicle for when she comes home for holidays and the occasional weekend.
I can concur to the gutless part. I cannot stand the snowmobile transmission. My wife’s is a 2016. I really don’t like driving it. It’s slightly better when not in ECON mode but not much.

Having the 2.0 is a godsend compared to the HRV.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can concur to the gutless part. I cannot stand the snowmobile transmission. My wife’s is a 2016. I really don’t like driving it. It’s slightly better when not in ECON mode but not much.

Having the 2.0 is a godsend compared to the HRV.
The cvt isn't that bad with the 1.5 turbo the civic, accord and the cr-v. Engines that have good low end torque like turbos make it livable. The lower torque at higher rpm's with NA engines aren't really a good match for a cvt. Alternatively, I like the power of the Passport's V6 but that 9 speed transmission is pretty awful. If you need it to kick down for some speed or to pass, the hesitation feels like an eternity. The 8 speed in the bronco sport has never really let me down in that regard.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cvt isn't that bad with the 1.5 turbo the civic, accord and the cr-v. Engines that have good low end torque like turbos make it livable. The lower torque at higher rpm's with NA engines aren't really a good match for a cvt. Alternatively, I like the power of the Passport's V6 but that 9 speed transmission is pretty awful. If you need it to kick down for some speed or to pass, the hesitation feels like an eternity. The 8 speed in the bronco sport has never really let me down in that regard.
My '22 Ridgeline I had was quick. .0-60 in 6.4 seconds.

https://www.0-60specs.com/honda/ridgeline-0-60-times/

Passport even quicker.

https://www.0-60specs.com/honda/passport-0-60-times/

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My wife’s HRV is natural aspirated. Nothing quick about it except my answer if I want to drive!

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife’s HRV is natural aspirated. Nothing quick about it except my answer if I want to drive!
The 23 is vastly improved over the previous gen since it's based on the Civic rather than the Fit. The 2.0 is an improvement over the 1.8 but not by much. Most people expected the 1.5T in the higher trims like the Civic but I guess they feel the 2.0 is adequate. It certainly feels a little faster than the previous gen but it's heavier so it's mostly a wash. I like it though. It's more like an awd hatchback than a small suv really.
Sponsored