Ford takes a hard line on dealer pricing for EVs.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Now if they could just do that for ICE vehicles as well.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
A little down in the article, "However, according to Inside EVs, dealerships will still be able to set their own prices, so this probably isn't the end of markups for EVs." Ford still has no control other than to yank the oval and stop selling through the greedy dealerships. I'd recommend Ford go wide and long publicly about their expectations. Let customers know how dealerships should act even if they are not required to behave. Ford needs to partner with their brand loyal fanbase as much as they partner with their dealerships. But, even a couple of months after my purchase I still believe the truth of the adage "if you're not in on the con you are the mark" applies to automobile sales. Ford gets paid at ever sale regardless of how dealerships treat their customers. They have short term interests to balance against the long term prospects of a loyal customer base.

OP
OP
Mark S.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'd recommend Ford go wide and long publicly about their expectations. Let customers know how dealerships should act even if they are not required to behave. Ford needs to partner with their brand loyal fanbase as much as they partner with their dealerships.
I believe that's what's happening; we are (well, I am) seeing article after article from news outlets talking about Ford's attempts to control their dealerships. Ford's CEO has made public statements (you can view them in a recent YouTube video I posted) marking out the Company's position and intentions. You might say that's all eyewash unless dealership actually begin to behave, but it seems strange that Ford would make such public statements if it weren't serious.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Again, We the People caused this. It’s the I got to have the newest toy NOW so I can be cool crowd.
Simple fix, WE the consumers make the dealers choke on vehicles marked above MSRP.
Next we need some rich guy to build a massive Ford dealership in the middle of the US, Kansas for instance.
Or Ford builds it.
Then Ford vehicles only go there.
You order your Ford online and only from stock that dealer has and it gets delivered to you.
Next any dealer that starts selling for MSRP and no more gets shipments. The others DIE.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I like my local dealership. I have good relationships with sales, finance and service. Yes I was irritated about the recall hold for my BS but that was a supply chain problem and they found me another BS for the same money with added benefit of the tow package. They appreciate customer loyalty.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I like my local dealership. I have good relationships with sales, finance and service. Yes I was irritated about the recall hold for my BS but that was a supply chain problem and they found me another BS for the same money with added benefit of the tow package. They appreciate customer loyalty.
Agreed. My guy called when my badlands hit the lot. Hid it in the crash lot and locked my keys in his desk when I couldn't take delivery that day. Went line by line with the MSRP sheet and my employee plan. Top shelf.
I like the central MSRP dealer model but...local has some perks if you have a good one. And we have our share of bad ones.
Sponsored