Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
This is crazy, an agreement not to resell for profit when these dealers are the ones who created the ridiculous market by charging insane amounts over sticker. So now I can buy a vehicle at a huge markup because demand is high, but you can't sell it to someone else who wants it more because as a customer you can only lose money on buying a vehicle.

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/22/ford-f150-lightning-markups-no-resale-policy/
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'd 100% support this if it worked both ways. Dealer MUST sell at MSRP with ZERO markup or ADM crap...I'd gladly agree to it. Whe. Demons hit the market I watched a guy pay $125K cash....for one as he loaded it on a flatbed behind his FIRST ONE....he was buying them to flip at insane prices.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Customer doesn't have to sign anything like that to take ownership of the new vehicle. Just like MSRP is "suggested" price, such a no resale policy may be "suggested" but not mandatory.

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Ford has done this before with the the newer model GT40 successor or Ford GT as its named now. Ford actually went after one of the buyers of a 2017 Ford GT for selling the car earlier then he was supposed to and they settled on an undisclosed amount of money.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford has done this before with the the newer model GT40 successor or Ford GT as its named now. Ford actually went after one of the buyers of a 2017 Ford GT for selling the car earlier then he was supposed to and they settled on an undisclosed amount of money.
Yeah I think they had to wait until 2 years to be able to sell it. Keeps the flippers from scooping them up when they are new.

MHUNTOON

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Kind of like people scooping up tickets to concerts, games, etc and selling for a profit. Luckily, that was solved by allowing TicketMaster to get first dibs. Whew. I might've paid an extra $10 per ticket to someone willing to brave the elements overnight. Now I can pay $30 over ticket price to a faceless corporation.

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I'd 100% support this if it worked both ways. Dealer MUST sell at MSRP with ZERO markup or ADM crap...I'd gladly agree to it. Whe. Demons hit the market I watched a guy pay $125K cash....for one as he loaded it on a flatbed behind his FIRST ONE....he was buying them to flip at insane prices.
125k just for one. Hes stuck with that ... i agree with ford doing this.. hard to roll out a new car with dealers and people fucking it all up. I think ford learned a lot from bronco roll out.. and ford told dealers theres a 25k fine for selling a manequin model or they will take away allocation on dealers who charged markups.... wish they would have done that with bronco sport and maverick... and the more people that pay any markup are just messing it up for rest of us...

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I have a reservation in for a Lightning...not expecting to see it for a year or two.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I canceled my Lightning reservation after the antics the dealers were getting away with at the launch of the full size bronco. I decided to just stick with the BS, my pickup or dump truck for work and my wife's Tesla for economy. Ford needs to crack down on more than the end user.... These dealerships are robbing folks.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I canceled my Lightning reservation after the antics the dealers were getting away with at the launch of the full size bronco. I decided to just stick with the BS, my pickup or dump truck for work and my wife's Tesla for economy. Ford needs to crack down on more than the end user.... These dealerships are robbing folks.
Dealers know they can rip ppl off and Ford does nothing to stop it despite all the 'fixed price' and 'crack down on dealers' rhetoric coming from Farley. Still recent stories of Bronco reservation holders who waiting over 2 years for special order just to have dealers slap outragious ADM on them when they go to buy it. Market conditions and greedy dealers know they can get away with it.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Dealers know they can rip ppl off and Ford does nothing to stop it despite all the 'fixed price' and 'crack down on dealers' rhetoric coming from Farley. Still recent stories of Bronco reservation holders who waiting over 2 years for special order just to have dealers slap outragious ADM on them when they go to buy it. Market conditions and greedy dealers know they can get away with it.
one move which MAY take this to the next step...and yeah it's talk for now. Removing the dealership model and going straight ordering. If they make all arrangements through an online bank, it COULD be out of the dealers hands...if all paperwork is processed through Ford direct, setting the limits would be as easy as a click of a mouse. Like online purchasing through say Amazon...

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
one move which MAY take this to the next step...and yeah it's talk for now. Removing the dealership model and going straight ordering. If they make all arrangements through an online bank, it COULD be out of the dealers hands...if all paperwork is processed through Ford direct, setting the limits would be as easy as a click of a mouse. Like online purchasing through say Amazon...
Too many state laws/regulations for that to happen. Only the manufacturers can fix this by holding stock and the brand franchise over them. Ford is making some strides in that area with their name matching requirements. I applaud their efforts on this front, but ultimately they still need to move product, and the only way to do it is through the dealerships. It's sad that the best we can hope for is to find the least dishonest scuzzy bastards we can to work with on buying automobiles. My salesman actually asked me to give him a five star review. I'm honestly thinking of driving an hour every time I need service to go to a different dealership if I choose to be brutally honest on the survey when Ford sends it to me. They did the nitrogen thing to me. They literally charged me $500 for air. Scuzzy bastards, indeed.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Too many state laws/regulations for that to happen. Only the manufacturers can fix this by holding stock and the brand franchise over them. Ford is making some strides in that area with their name matching requirements. I applaud their efforts on this front, but ultimately they still need to move product, and the only way to do it is through the dealerships. It's sad that the best we can hope for is to find the least dishonest scuzzy bastards we can to work with on buying automobiles. My salesman actually asked me to give him a five star review. I'm honestly thinking of driving an hour every time I need service to go to a different dealership if I choose to be brutally honest on the survey when Ford sends it to me. They did the nitrogen thing to me. They literally charged me $500 for air. Scuzzy bastards, indeed.
I feel for all of you dealing with this crap. Perhaps competition is key? I worked with several dealers, every single one offered the best they could provide. Now...that doesn't mean I didn't pay more than I likely should have, FORD makes money. My bottom line was below MSRP using X plan.
I later priced out escapes for our daughter. All the dealers in the area came in at the same price and payments within about ten dollars. Guess we are really lucky.
As to state by state that's not completely true, we live near Ohio, we buy, they transfer, we pay necessary fees at the SOS. With the world of online buying it's a simple process to work state by state meeting their rules. You pay MSRP and the details are between you and your DMV/SOS to sort. It's easy...maybe not for you personally but Ford could handle their end without issue.
Sponsored