Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We did not want to order one, my wanted a certain choice of colors & we found one at a dealership a little over 1 hour away from us. The dealer was fabulous & took good care of us. We had a problem where we could not get coverage because our insurance agent was closed on a Saturday so the dealership let us leave with the BS & a dealer plate & our temp plate. On Monday I contacted our insurance agent & had the BS put on our insurance, put the temp plate on & mailed the dealer plate back to the dealership. They even gave us a stamped & addressed envelope for the dealer plate to be mailed back in. They did that so we did not have to drive 2 hours round trip to get the BS once we got insurance on it.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
We did not want to order one, my wanted a certain choice of colors & we found one at a dealership a little over 1 hour away from us. The dealer was fabulous & took good care of us. We had a problem where we could not get coverage because our insurance agent was closed on a Saturday so the dealership let us leave with the BS & a dealer plate & our temp plate. On Monday I contacted our insurance agent & had the BS put on our insurance, put the temp plate on & mailed the dealer plate back to the dealership. They even gave us a stamped & addressed envelope for the dealer plate to be mailed back in. They did that so we did not have to drive 2 hours round trip to get the BS once we got insurance on it.
Amazing. That's above and beyond. Good to hear.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Middle of nowhere Arizona. 2 hours from Tucson, 3 hours from Phoenix. We have no other options within our immediate area. I've had a great relationship with the service department and expected the same from sales. I was wrong.

Additionally, they took a $1000 non-refundable deposit from me the day I ordered. I thought this locked in my price protection, but it turns out no deposit is needed for that. Can't switch now unless I'd like to be moved to the back of the line, get saddled with the new higher MSRP when I place another order, and lose my $1000 deposit. Being aggravated is the only option I have right now.
That unfortunately is not in your favor which is terrible. We had a hometown dealer like that...they no longer exist. Ford pulled their oval and it's now a home remodeling closeout store🤣 interesting not much longer after that the Chevy dealer went out of business across the street. Said the loss of competition, people stopped shopping. Town of maybe 18K.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
That unfortunately is not in your favor which is terrible. We had a hometown dealer like that...they no longer exist. Ford pulled their oval and it's now a home remodeling closeout store🤣 interesting not much longer after that the Chevy dealer went out of business across the street. Said the loss of competition, people stopped shopping. Town of maybe 18K.
I just found out I've got my dream job in my dream location waiting for me in March. The bosses let me know last week they intend on hiring me and paying for my move out here to NC since I've excelled on this work assignment for these past 4 months. I'm not in AZ much longer, thank goodness. Screw this dealership! I'm out!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’d tell them how you feel. Based on all your comments, I’m surprised you’d even give them 1 star. I wouldn’t worry about burning bridges. Sales and service rarely talk to one another. Service does there own surveys. If you don’t tell them how you feel, they’ll think they did a great job. You need to let them know that there are some people that want to know every detail about where the car is in the ordering process and so they learn how to deal with that.

nhchemist

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, S2000, Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered in January, it was built in April, and I am happy with my Badlands delivered in May. The dealer honored the $1500 rebate and the additional $750 for the increased MSRP. What killed me was the added $199 for antitheft markings that I never agreed to. I only realized this after all the paperwork was done and I had paid. Buyer beware. Make sure you understand all the charges before you sign on the dotted line.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I just found out I've got my dream job in my dream location waiting for me in March. The bosses let me know last week they intend on hiring me and paying for my move out here to NC since I've excelled on this work assignment for these past 4 months. I'm not in AZ much longer, thank goodness. Screw this dealership! I'm out!
Awesome congrats! That sounds just wonderful really. As much as I like AZ yes, NC is really beautiful. I hope it works out great for you!

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I ordered in January, it was built in April, and I am happy with my Badlands delivered in May. The dealer honored the $1500 rebate and the additional $750 for the increased MSRP. What killed me was the added $199 for antitheft markings that I never agreed to. I only realized this after all the paperwork was done and I had paid. Buyer beware. Make sure you understand all the charges before you sign on the dotted line.
Yes, I learned that the hard way too. I signed up for some nonsense (get $x if your vehicle is stolen) because the finance manager lied about what I signed; fortunately I was able to get a full refund within 90 days. The "anti-theft" stuff they push at signing are total rip-offs, but pretty smart from a "make money like mischievous little ********" perspective: people are emotional, excited, exhausted, and what's an extra $100-300 on a 5+ year note?

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
After way too much angst, annoyance, and frustration I am now the very proud owner of a spectacularly beautiful Velocity Blue Bronco Sport Badlands. The vehicle itself is amazing. I do look back every time I walk away in a parking lot. With each glance in the rearview mirror I smile seeing the old Bronco silhouette on the back glass. I'm smitten, just plain in love with this thing.

My dealership, however, does not engender such florid feelings. I get that I'm probably a lot to handle as a customer. I'm exacting. I'm picky. Worst or all, I refuse to be an uninformed consumer, and I strive to not be some shyster's mark. I want (need) to understand the process. Where my salesman acted like the order is placed in a bottle and thrown into the bay and that an automobile would just arrive at some point as if by magic, I'm the opposite. I want to know each meaningful step of the operation. This caused a great deal of friction between the dealership and me. I can deal with most of it, but the one unforgivable thing they did was lie. Over and over the salesmen made easily disprovable false statements. Some of the lies were so obvious and silly they would be funny if not for how irritating it is to be treated like an idiot. "Look man, I work here..." is not an adequate answer to the question, "do you really expect me to believe that?"

The dealership did honor price protection (thanks, Tim, for the documentation.) They did pull the Vincent report and honor the $1K retail order incentive. But, they pulled the nitrogen filled tires and paint protection "accessories package" that they "do to all the vehicles" garbage. When I stated (perhaps a little too gruffly) "you did things to the vehicle that I did not authorize and expect me to pay for them..." I was told to calm down. I extracted $500 worth of accessories I wanted for that $500 charge, but I'm still livid they tried to charge me that much money for air and a car wash. I got the floor mats and cargo area liner I wanted (plus some meh things), and I will still have all my points to spend, but that really was the very least they could do.

As I was getting ready to leave the salesman told me Ford would be sending a satisfaction survey and begged for five stars. We passed a couple of looks back and forth. I think he understands that I'm not well disposed to grant his request. If I were to be completely honest I'd give him about 3 stars. 3.5 max. I'm sure he's mostly operating within the constraints of his management, but still. Every email from the dealership is signed with "Quick. Transparent. Less Complicated." which they utterly violated at every turn.

I'd flame spray the dealership in the survey but for the need of oil changes. I did purchase the maintenance package since having already spent the money I'll be much more strict with myself about meeting the requirements. In this area there are only three reasonable options for dealerships: the place where I bought the Bronco, the place I've been boycotting since 1993 when a salesman said, "you're not even a customer" and walked away, and another place that's an hour away. I don't mind the hour. It's a nice drive, and any reason to visit Port Angeles is pretty ok with me, but that's not easy extra time to schedule. I've had some warranty work done on my wife's car at the current dealership, and the service department has (so far) been pretty good. I don't want to burn that bridge unless I should.

So the ultimate question is do I show mercy and grace in the survey? I know what the answer should be, but it's really a struggle to reach it. In the end I have the vehicle I want, paid the agreed upon price, got the allowed incentive, purchased the accessories I was going to buy anyway, and I even ended up with some fancy air in my tires. Shouldn't that be enough to satisfy even a cranky old customer like me?
Do you have the documents from tim could I get a chance of the copy having same game with my dealer

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Welcome to North Carolina. Been here for 17 years and loving it.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Funny, my daughter Was living in AZ when she decided to move to NC to be with her boyfriend who was a helicopter pilot in the armed forces. She only lasted 6 months there. Headed back out west to AZ where she happily married with kids.

I hope it all works out for you. You’ll never know unless you try. Best of luck!

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, my daughter Was living in AZ when she decided to move to NC to be with her boyfriend who was a helicopter pilot in the armed forces. She only lasted 6 months there. Headed back out west to AZ where she happily married with kids.

I hope it all works out for you. You’ll never know unless you try. Best of luck!
I'm a Rhode Island native originally. Moved away to get my bachelor's in WV, then my master's in KS. Got this crazy competitive federal fellowship which landed me my first public service job in AZ, but I was only required to be there for 2 years. I'm not a huge fan of the desert. Very thrilled to be heading back east for the first time in a while. I've really missed it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you have to fight in any way to get anything that is supposed to be included in the deal, the dealership should get a one-star rating. Essentially if you have to be informed and push for something that is supposed to be yours, then they are trying to take advantage of you.
If I could upvote this twice I would.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So the ultimate question is do I show mercy and grace in the survey?
These surveys don't really benefit the person completing them, and as you note, in some cases they may even be disadvantageous. Theoretically, they are supposed to make things better for the next customer. For that reason, if you decide to complete it you should be honest. Brutally honest.

If you truly are concerned about how the dealership might treat you if you respond negatively on the survey then rather than be dishonest I would simply not complete it.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl