Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I would say be honest if you want the location to actually improve. Anything less than 5 stars will be a fail for them so give them a 3 if you want, but a 1 will be viewed the same way. Or as mentioned if you want to take pity on them just dont fill it out (i'd fill it out though). I had a great experience with my dealer, though I wasn't expecting them to reach out on here just to chat until the vehicle arrived, but I usually always got a prompt response to any text I sent, and the one time I didnt, I got a quick response and apology when I texted a different question a few weeks later.
Sponsored

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Do you have the documents from tim could I get a chance of the copy having same game with my dealer
First the dealer didn't really say anything after I texted them the paperwork things got moving paid the full price based on him telling me that they have to close the deal and wait for Ford to pay back the difference he told me out of 13 people only 3 ever got something back. Short story got me a bronco badlands in the Yard now I have to wait and see.

OP
OP
thekingprawn

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
First the dealer didn't really say anything after I texted them the paperwork things got moving paid the full price based on him telling me that they have to close the deal and wait for Ford to pay back the difference he told me out of 13 people only 3 ever got something back. Short story got me a bronco badlands in the Yard now I have to wait and see.
I'd be a gadfly.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
After way too much angst, annoyance, and frustration I am now the very proud owner of a spectacularly beautiful Velocity Blue Bronco Sport Badlands. The vehicle itself is amazing. I do look back every time I walk away in a parking lot. With each glance in the rearview mirror I smile seeing the old Bronco silhouette on the back glass. I'm smitten, just plain in love with this thing.

My dealership, however, does not engender such florid feelings. I get that I'm probably a lot to handle as a customer. I'm exacting. I'm picky. Worst or all, I refuse to be an uninformed consumer, and I strive to not be some shyster's mark. I want (need) to understand the process. Where my salesman acted like the order is placed in a bottle and thrown into the bay and that an automobile would just arrive at some point as if by magic, I'm the opposite. I want to know each meaningful step of the operation. This caused a great deal of friction between the dealership and me. I can deal with most of it, but the one unforgivable thing they did was lie. Over and over the salesmen made easily disprovable false statements. Some of the lies were so obvious and silly they would be funny if not for how irritating it is to be treated like an idiot. "Look man, I work here..." is not an adequate answer to the question, "do you really expect me to believe that?"

The dealership did honor price protection (thanks, Tim, for the documentation.) They did pull the Vincent report and honor the $1K retail order incentive. But, they pulled the nitrogen filled tires and paint protection "accessories package" that they "do to all the vehicles" garbage. When I stated (perhaps a little too gruffly) "you did things to the vehicle that I did not authorize and expect me to pay for them..." I was told to calm down. I extracted $500 worth of accessories I wanted for that $500 charge, but I'm still livid they tried to charge me that much money for air and a car wash. I got the floor mats and cargo area liner I wanted (plus some meh things), and I will still have all my points to spend, but that really was the very least they could do.

As I was getting ready to leave the salesman told me Ford would be sending a satisfaction survey and begged for five stars. We passed a couple of looks back and forth. I think he understands that I'm not well disposed to grant his request. If I were to be completely honest I'd give him about 3 stars. 3.5 max. I'm sure he's mostly operating within the constraints of his management, but still. Every email from the dealership is signed with "Quick. Transparent. Less Complicated." which they utterly violated at every turn.

I'd flame spray the dealership in the survey but for the need of oil changes. I did purchase the maintenance package since having already spent the money I'll be much more strict with myself about meeting the requirements. In this area there are only three reasonable options for dealerships: the place where I bought the Bronco, the place I've been boycotting since 1993 when a salesman said, "you're not even a customer" and walked away, and another place that's an hour away. I don't mind the hour. It's a nice drive, and any reason to visit Port Angeles is pretty ok with me, but that's not easy extra time to schedule. I've had some warranty work done on my wife's car at the current dealership, and the service department has (so far) been pretty good. I don't want to burn that bridge unless I should.

So the ultimate question is do I show mercy and grace in the survey? I know what the answer should be, but it's really a struggle to reach it. In the end I have the vehicle I want, paid the agreed upon price, got the allowed incentive, purchased the accessories I was going to buy anyway, and I even ended up with some fancy air in my tires. Shouldn't that be enough to satisfy even a cranky old customer like me?
I had the same or worse experience with my dealer. The manager refused to sell me the Bronco unless I agreed to give the dealership a 5 star rating. This was after they pulled a bait and switch on the price, springing on me a surprise markup they "forgot to mention" and that wasn't advertised on any of the three listings I showed them. They also tried to pull the same thing with $1000 for car wax and $300 for a third brake light flasher that "they apply to all vehicles". I basically was walking out. I just flat refused to play their game and they relented complaining that they were just trying to make a little money off of me because I wasn't trading or financing with them. Scumbags. I knew that despite the car shortage, Ford dealers made record profits this year because of their "market adjustments" of $25000 on some broncos. Insane.

I never said I would do the 5 star rating and they didn't get it in writing. So I'm going to be honest on the survey. When I put the deposit down, the finance guy refused to put the final price in writing. He kept telling me to sign the receipt from the credit card. I didn't until he gave me something in writing guaranteeing the price. I basically forced him to do it and he just wrote a number. I told him to put the details down and he reluctantly did it. I told him to sign and date it and he only signed his first name and it wasn't a real signature, just a scribble. He refused to write his last name on it. He said I was being paranoid and I told him that I had read terrible stories online about dealer tactics and that I was going to make sure I didn't get screwed when I came back with my cashier's check. When I came to pick up the car, the salesperson wasn't there and they put a new person on me. He was better but then when I was signing up for the points program, he hid what he was writing. Then he gave me copies of everything I signed except that document. Very sketchy. I emailed a few days later asking about it and they said they would look into it. I eventually got my points.

In the end, I got them to remove $8000 worth of lies and extras and the experience left me hating the dealership and everyone I dealt with. They have a Ford GT in the lobby that the owner shows off, stored in a giant inflatable plastic bubble. And I know it was paid for by dishonest tactics that they tried to pull on me. I left thinking that the only reason I succeeded was because I didn't trade my old car with them, I didn't finance with them, and I did my homework before going there.
Sponsored

Last edited: