Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Say it's true.... :rockon:

Ford Authority spies have spotted what could potentially be a hybrid version of the rugged crossover, which has a few interesting details that provide hints as to what lurks underneath.
Full Article
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I can't imagine Ford NOT using the Escape/Maverick's 2.5L Hybrid motor.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Say it's true.... :rockon:

Full Article
It makes the most sense of the two available broncos...however I am still not on board. This whole hybrid stuff, it isn't 'ready'. We simply don't have the ability to fuel all the electric vehicles...what do you do with the batteries once they discharge to a point of unserviceable? How many resources are needed to create those batteries?
And as of today's news...Michigan expecting rolling blackouts this summer due to strain on their...wait for it...RENEWABLE ENERGY which can't keep up as summer demands will surpass available storage. As many power plants jump on the green death bandwagon, they can't produce/store/deliver enough energy to meet the current needs. As many plants have shut OFF coal and natural gas...they have no backup in place. Until they are READY to replace...it's not ready.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It makes the most sense of the two available broncos...however I am still not on board. This whole hybrid stuff, it isn't 'ready'. We simply don't have the ability to fuel all the electric vehicles...what do you do with the batteries once they discharge to a point of unserviceable? How many resources are needed to create those batteries?
And as of today's news...Michigan expecting rolling blackouts this summer due to strain on their...wait for it...RENEWABLE ENERGY which can't keep up as summer demands will surpass available storage. As many power plants jump on the green death bandwagon, they can't produce/store/deliver enough energy to meet the current needs. As many plants have shut OFF coal and natural gas...they have no backup in place. Until they are READY to replace...it's not ready.
Somewhat agree, though, a lot of those points are moot as a hybrid is self regenerating and does not reply on power from the power grid.

Overall, straight hybrids have been around for sometime and they have proven to be fuel misers in certain scenarios. Look at the former Prius C with 50+mpg, the Fusion Hybrid @40+mpg, etc, etc, etc ...

I do completely agree with your second paragraph. Power suppliers are definitely not ready to go green.

I'm definitely intrigued how it's speculated the Escape's AWD system may work in the BS. The Escape's system is definitely not for off-road use as in the BS, even non-BLs models. It's more of a security blanket for on-road, slippery paved roads.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You don't plug in hybrids, they don't wall charge the electricity is generated from the gas engine. Also claiming the gas emissions environmental impact is the lesser evil the over concerns of the possible environmental impact of the batteries doesn't make sense either. Hybrid are cheaper for your wallet long term so just go with that. Lithium batteries can be recycled as well, there was even a few articles released this year about how recycled lithium batteries can out preform fresh ones. They've even started the process of pulling lithium from water instead of mining it. No technology is without its down side. But at the end of the day what counts for most is what makes sense with your wallet. Hybrids are very practical for the times.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So I guess if this Hybrid Bronco Sport comes to fruition all of us driving around in our 2.0 liter 4 bangers will be frowned upon as the gas guzzlers that we are...lol

And here I thought I was Lessing my carbon footprint when I traded in my Hemi-Powered Dodge Ram for my Baby Bronco... Ugh, I tried

Ford Bronco Sport Ford Bronco Sport Hybrid Prototype Potentially Spotted Testing IMG_4760