TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
I'd consider it but if it's just a plain hybrid with the 2.5L from the Escape and Maverick I'd probably wait on a plug in BS or big Bronco.

BS PHEV with the 1.5L and an electric motor from the rear would be nice. Or a Bronco PHEV with the 2.0L and electric motors.
That car weighed 3619 lbs and took off a like a dragster. It was so well designed.
Plugin vehicles are years away. They only make sense in CA. They have EV techs at every dealerships and know them inside and out. The batteries degrade. If they say you drive 25 miles o the battery -- that is for the first six months. The electricians in St Louis are familiar with Tesla chargers to the point that Ford is including Tesla adapters for home installs.

it is GM that has committed to Green tech (no combustion engines on timeline)
Ford has committed to both. The EcoBoost is a fantastic improvement. I still can't believe I am getting 26-31 MPG driving a "brick" on the highway,

Those poor Jeep Wrangler owners are getting half that.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'd definitely upgrade to a hybrid
A Bronco Sport with fuel economy in the high 30s low 40s: what more could you ask for?
50-60 mpg, that’s what we should have as the norm.
We Had hydrogen tech ready twenty five years ago when big oil and the gov that’s in bed with them killed that tech.
Why ? Because they make mountains of money on dyno oil.
Easy to make easy to get and the only emission is water, pure water that you could drink.
The infrastructure would be considered cheap compared to full EV systems.
Once again we stupidly let our GOV and big oil make decisions for us. The rats follow the pied piper. And now we are going over the cliff once again.
$5+. For a gallon of gas.
This was inevitable and I got news for you babies.
It’s not going down, ever.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
That car weighed 3619 lbs and took off a like a dragster. It was so well designed.
Plugin vehicles are years away. They only make sense in CA. They have EV techs at every dealerships and know them inside and out. The batteries degrade. If they say you drive 25 miles o the battery -- that is for the first six months. The electricians in St Louis are familiar with Tesla chargers to the point that Ford is including Tesla adapters for home installs.

it is GM that has committed to Green tech (no combustion engines on timeline)
Ford has committed to both. The EcoBoost is a fantastic improvement. I still can't believe I am getting 26-31 MPG driving a "brick" on the highway,

Those poor Jeep Wrangler owners are getting half that.
Plug in vehicles are here, have been since about 2018.
Toyota Prius. Honda Accord.
Sponsored