Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Our 23 OBX doesn't have them. Confirmed fogs were off, turning less than 25 MPH, and there were no cornering lights. Maybe I'll try again near a building but would hope They would be obvious during normal driving on a darkish street.

Do you have to be moving for them to come on, or will simply in drive, turn signal on, wheel turned would it come on in my garage? Seems it should since in the video posted above the vehicle was stopped and it was on.
Shouldnā€™t have to be moving.

Itā€™s sounding more like it was removed which in my mind is a nothing burger. The car has fog lights, you can see better with them on, why would someone not drive with the fogs always activated?
Sponsored

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
Off topic but this is something else regarding the fog lights. I noticed when driving at night the fog lights turn off when the auto high beams engage and vice versa. The two switch back and forth so that way there's not too much light coming from the vehicle that will blind drivers. That was a very nice design touch. The cornering lights I have yet to see or just haven't noticed.
It does this by design...i.e., Federal law.šŸ˜

425mb

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands
Not sure if my 24 badlands has them I havenā€™t been able to get them to work. Tired all the ways but not able to get them to work.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Not sure if my 24 badlands has them I havenā€™t been able to get them to work. Tired all the ways but not able to get them to work.
Do you have the fogs turned off or on? They need to be off for the feature to work.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Have them off.
Hmm. I havenā€™t seen anything that the feature was removed and would seem odd to do it. Have you had someone watch as you turn into your driveway at night? Or just watch closely around dark corners. Iā€™m not sure if the turn signal needs activated or if itā€™s just when the wheel turns beyond X degrees.

425mb

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands
Iā€™ll have to keep an eye out. I wasnā€™t able to add screens to my center screen until I reset all the modules with a capacitor discharge.

425mb

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Badlands
Hmm. I havenā€™t seen anything that the feature was removed and would seem odd to do it. Have you had someone watch as you turn into your driveway at night? Or just watch closely around dark corners. Iā€™m not sure if the turn signal needs activated or if itā€™s just when the wheel turns beyond X degrees.
Iā€™ve tried everything again tonight and it still didnā€™t work nothing. Not sure what to do other than have them check module status.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Iā€™ve tried everything again tonight and it still didnā€™t work nothing. Not sure what to do other than have them check module status.
I donā€™t see any reason to not drive with them on all the time so to me the feature, while nice, is pointless. Iā€™d just turn them on and not worry about it.

jhnvan

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
For anyone wondering, this feature is 100% a program thing. It could simply be that ford didn't program it properly from the factory.

Get forscan and turn it on if you want them.

I did the opposite and turned mine off because i have after market amber fogs and i didn't want them turning on and blinding people when i turn.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Thanks. I have a ā€˜23 BL and I have yet to see them work. I turn the fog lights on and off just to make sure I see the difference in the light spread. Itā€™s very noticeable.
I have a 2024 BL and they do not work like they did on my 21 OB.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So far I haven't seen any 23-24 owner with this feature working properly. Did they really discontinued it?
Looks like the newer the model is, the less features the car has. To me is makes no sense that my 21BB have this and a 24OB doesn't.

FB71

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Festiva, '94 F-150, '04 Town Car, '24 BS/FW
Off topic but this is something else regarding the fog lights. I noticed when driving at night the fog lights turn off when the auto high beams engage and vice versa. The two switch back and forth so that way there's not too much light coming from the vehicle that will blind drivers. That was a very nice design touch. The cornering lights I have yet to see or just haven't noticed.
That's just compliance with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS). Fog lights can only be on with marker lamps or low beam. Must turn off with high beam.

Dimo302

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
I donā€™t see any reason to not drive with them on all the time so to me the feature, while nice, is pointless. Iā€™d just turn them on and not worry about it.
Because you look ridiculous driving with your fog lights on when the weatherā€™s perfectly clear and itā€™s annoying for oncoming traffic
Sponsored