BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
There could be quite a number of like built BS' without fog lamps but are window stickered as having them. Could be there is no easy or cost effective way to correct the problem. That could be why our dealers are dragging their feet. Ford has pushed this matter on the dealers so here we sit.
Sponsored

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
100% agree. They may have made it up to get out of it. And it’s also very possible Ford doesn’t want to set the precedent of fixing this on all 2022 Big Bends. That would suck for them.

But I’m sure Takata didn’t want to pay to replace 67 million air bags either. Bottom line is that they made an error. Either on build or on the sticker. And errors cost money.

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend (Traded in '11 Escape XLT 2.0L)
The plot thickens. That's not a good sign -- both not sending the sticker and being rude, when they should be apologetic. Very discouraging.

I'm starting to wonder if the dealer fabricated the 'sticker w/o fog lights' story because they simply do not want to do the work -- although that would not alter the situation.

Ford should pay them for the work of course, but it would be the lower warranty rate. Many dealers do not like that.

Another possibility is that Ford does not want to start replace missing parts because then they will have to do it for any BS owner who asks.

Keep us updated.
I truly believed them when they told me the story, but I just wanted a copy of it for when I speak to Ford or anyone else. I still believe the story to be true, and I think they are just more interested in chasing the new customers instead of taking care of me when they already have all my money.

Perhaps I'll just make a trip over there tomorrow, as they do have my rubber seat backs I ordered in when I saw I didn't have them. No engine cover, rubber hood liner, numberpad keyless entry, or rubber floor mats either. No "intelligent" option with 360+. To answer another in this thread, my headrests do not flip down and if the front seat is slid all the way back, you have to tilt the front seat forward before flipping down the back seat, then you can return the front seat to a normal position with the back seat folded.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m starting to like the car more and more in general. At first I hated the seat. But I finally found a comfortable position. It’s fun and looks good and gets attention. BUT the complete strip down that Ford did to the 22’s leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. One that is hard to remove.

While I’m driving around enjoying the 360+ or the features of a modern vehicle (my DD this replaced was an 07 Element LX base, and my fun car is a 2013 Mustang GT. So neither had/have touch screens and nav etc.) I’m always then reminded that I don’t have an engine cover or hood liner and can hear all of the annoying clicks and crackles and zipper sounds the engine makes (some cars these days don’t have engine covers like the new Civic Si. But ALL of them don’t. In this case I don’t have an engine cover while others do. That’s lame. I couldn’t care less if it does or doesn’t have one as long as it’s consistent.) I can’t put the back seats down easily. I don’t have zipper pockets. I don’t have rubber seat backs. I don’t have convenient keypad access. I don’t have the temp on my ac dial. And I don’t have stylish fog lights to even out the front look.

I continually try and justify to myself how I wouldn’t use or need any of those things and they aren’t a big deal. Some of that is true. But it’s the principle of it. The 21 BB is basically a completely different trim level over the 22 BB. And a much nicer one at that. I feel screwed. And when I ask Ford out of all of the missing pieces to simply hook me up with rubber seat backs and new rear folding headrests to somewhat make up for this fog light issue, and I get ignored. It’s difficult to not want to sell the car and be done.

Last edited:
First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m starting to like the car more and more in general. At first I hated the seat. But I finally found a comfortable position. It’s fun and looks good and gets attention. BUT the complete strip down that Ford did to the 22’s leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. One that is hard to remove.
Especially when this car is part of their push to direct-sales, so fewer buyers will have the chance to shop for the car in person. Instead, we have all learned everything we can about the vehicle through the great videos online, from the big guys like Edmunds or KBB, to the enthusiasts and reviewers on YouTube. So which model year are those reviewers gonna get? They raced to be the first and now that's what consumers think they are getting, the '21 that's been covered extensively.

And just in case I haven't said it on the forum yet, I'm convinced my BS is the best car in it's class on the road right now, despite my gripes.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel the same way as you guys, completely. At the time I picked up my BS, which was around 830p, it was dark and the dealership was closing. Both me and the salesman noticed it was missing the fog lamps and he said he would investigate. That was a month ago. I offered to accept the rubber rear seat backs and the logo rear floor mat which dollar wise probably is less than half the cost of installing the fog lights. I'm still hearing crickets. With the way you guys have been ignored, and Ford gave me the bums rush, I don't have a good feeling about the resolution we face. The sorry part of this tale is I truly love my BSBB. If Ford knows this then they will simply wait me out. As if I will quit and go away. That's not gonna happen. I'm retired. I've got nothing but time! Lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need to come clean with you all. I have a Maverick XLT AWD co-pilot360 on order from last Sept that I just got email it has been built. I'm turning it back to the dealer so they will undoubtedly make a nice profit from it so there's another thing that I am using as whatever leverage it might give me to get redress for this situation. I'd be interested in what you all think of that.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT

While I’m driving around enjoying the 360+ or the features of a modern vehicle (my DD this replaced was an 07 Element LX base, and my fun car is a 2013 Mustang GT. So neither had/have touch screens and nav etc.) I’m always then reminded that I don’t have an engine cover or hood liner and can hear all of the annoying clicks and crackles and zipper sounds the engine makes (some cars these days don’t have engine covers like the new Civic Si. But ALL of them don’t. In this case I don’t have an engine cover while others do. That’s lame. I couldn’t care less if it does or doesn’t have one as long as it’s consistent.) I can’t put the back seats down easily. I don’t have zipper pockets. I don’t have rubber seat backs. I don’t have convenient keypad access. I don’t have the temp on my ac dial. And I don’t have stylish fog lights to even out the front look.

I continually try and justify to myself how I wouldn’t use or need any of those things and they aren’t a big deal. Some of that is true. But it’s the principle of it. The 21 BB is basically a completely different trim level over the 22 BB. And a much nicer one at that. I feel screwed. And when I ask Ford out of all of the missing pieces to simply hook me up with rubber seat backs and new rear folding headrests to somewhat make up for this fog light issue, and I get ignored. It’s difficult to not want to sell the car and be done.
Did you order your BS or buy it off the lot? Did you look at what you were buying before you bought it? You seem to have a lot of complaints about things that can easily be seen before purchase.

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
FWIW, if pushed, "Ford" will say that they notified the dealer(s) and that they (dealers) are to notify the end customers (us). I'd try to get dealer to source parts w/some goodwill ($$$) from FMC, as the dealer was told about the change but failed to notify you in a timely fashion...
Good Luck!

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you order your BS or buy it off the lot? Did you look at what you were buying before you bought it? You seem to have a lot of complaints about things that can easily be seen before purchase.
I went to reserve a 21 in transit. They had one and only one on the lot. The 22 I ended up buying. At the time as others have said, all reviews were on the 21’s. It was by accident and then a massive amount of digging that I discovered there were a couple of differences between years. I thought it was only the zipper pockets and intelligent access and key code entry.

When the 22 there had intelligent access, (which much like the fogs, isn’t supposed to be standard on a 22 BB but was on the sticker and actually equipped), I grabbed that instead. I didn’t realize there was so many other differences.

And no I didn’t think to fold down the rear seats to discover the headrests didn’t fold. Maybe that’s my bad. But I don’t think most people would think to check something like that. What manufacturer would make you remove the headrest to fold the seat?

That being said, my complaints as you say have little to do with not having these items. Even if I was fully aware of what it did or didn’t come with and looked over everything. It wouldn’t change the fact that Ford made the 22 trash compared to the 21. And that principle makes me bitter.

Last edited:

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it was not on the lot. It was a dealer order that was in production when I found it on Ford's website. It had the window sticker that I posted back at the beginning of this thread. It had/has all the features listed that I wanted which included SiriusXM and Nav that I couldn't get on the Maverick. As well as fog lamps. I waited about 2 months for it to arrive at the dealership. The Mav on a delay due to the accessories I ordered it with. I was told it would probably not be delivered until summer. So it was a surprise to find it built now.

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my salesman calls back 20 before close as affable as ever. I never got him on the phone today until he called. Just the front desk guy I guess.
Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend IMG_20220301_184745__01__01__01

Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend Screenshot_20220301-185033__01__01__01

This is highly troubling to me. I can't wait to hear from Ford. I'll probably call the AG first just to get this all on paper.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I need to come clean with you all. I have a Maverick XLT AWD co-pilot360 on order from last Sept that I just got email it has been built. I'm turning it back to the dealer so they will undoubtedly make a nice profit from it so there's another thing that I am using as whatever leverage it might give me to get redress for this situation. I'd be interested in what you all think of that.
That's an interesting situation. I suppose you could tell them you have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay you $X over MSRP. You are planning to do that but you would be willing to let the dealer keep the Maverick if they take care of your BS issues.

Something like that?

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very suspicious! That had to have come from Ford. I don't think the dealer could reproduce it like that. I'll be interested as to how they're going to proceed with that in their possession.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! They really did change the sticker.

If I had to bet, I’d say that we aren’t the only ones calling in about this issue and that Ford went into the system and made a blanket change to all 22 BB’s standard equipment. That way all of them in transit will be changed and there may have been a memo to dealers to change the stickers on any sitting on the lots.

The standard features aren’t manually typed for each VIN. There’s gonna be a database of standard stuff that defaults to each sticker. That’s what created the issue. When fogs were removed from standard on the 22, whoever edited the standard equipment missed it.

That will minimize the impact on what they have to fix. Any unsold with one click have updated stickers and they are off the hook. If someone saw it on an in transit BS, it’s not Fords problem because they updated it prior to the sale. Others will never see it once said fogs.

But those already sold, they still have a responsibility to. If I pulled a fresh copy I’d bet it’s gone from mine too. They changed it on all of them.
Sponsored

Last edited: