Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
So I called Ford’s customer service line. Explained how fog lights are on my window sticker but I don’t have them. She patched in a tech who confirmed this by pulling up my window sticker and build sheet via VIN. She created a case number and said I can go into any dealer to get the fog lights installed. Apparently any dealer can look up the case numbers.

Step 2 is to contact a dealer and step 3 is to see how intensive the install is. I’ll keep everyone updated.
Sounds like they are going to take care of you -- that's good to hear.

Unless the dealer you purchased from is far from you, you might want to go back to them. Some (not all) dealers get 'grumpy' about doing warranty work on vehicles they did not sell.
Sponsored

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Sport
Sounds like they are going to take care of you -- that's good to hear.

Unless the dealer you purchased from is far from you, you might want to go back to them. Some (not all) dealers get 'grumpy' about doing warranty work on vehicles they did not sell.
The dealer I got it from is a bit far but they were also the most inept and crappy people imaginable. It was the worst possible experience. Let’s just say having to go back TWICE to sign documents they forgot about was the easiest part.

I’m fortunate to have 4 other Ford dealers closer to me. They might not love it. But they’ll have my future business.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I'm happy you did that. I will contact them if my dealer doesn't work with me. Good luck and I look forward to your experience with the install.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm happy you did that. I will contact them if my dealer doesn't work with me. Good luck and I look forward to your experience with the install.
Good luck to you as well. I looked at the bumper today. The little flat panels where the fogs would be are definitely all one solid piece with the bumper. Which explains why the Ford tech said they’d need to replace the bumper.

I’m wondering, there is a small horizontal strip of body color painted plastic under the headlights but above the unpainted black plastic. Is that one piece attached to the black part? Or does the black part alone come off separately? Trying to figure out if a bumper replacement means paint.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I’m wondering, there is a small horizontal strip of body color painted plastic under the headlights but above the unpainted black plastic. Is that one piece attached to the black part? Or does the black part alone come off separately? Trying to figure out if a bumper replacement means paint.
The painted piece snaps apart from the black piece. I believe there are also two screws in middle back side and rivets on each side that hold painted and black bumper together. HRG posted up bumper replacement video recently which showed how it comes apart.

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The painted piece snaps apart from the black piece. I believe there are also two screws in middle back side and rivets on each side that hold painted and black bumper together. HRG posted up bumper replacement video recently which showed how it comes apart.
That’s good news. Are the snaps easily breakable or should they be able to take my painted piece and put it on the new bumper black piece with fogs.

Also is anyone aware of a member who has taken apart the light dial area? I’d love to know how intense that will be adding the fogs button.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
That’s good news. Are the snaps easily breakable or should they be able to take my painted piece and put it on the new bumper black piece with fogs.
HRG had no prior experience separating the black and body color pieces and got it done without breaking anything when he replaced his front bumper. So yes should be no problem taking existing painted part and put it on new black bumper.

By the way ppl have swapped on towing package rear bumper. Same thing remove painted piece off orig bumper and put on new bumper. That has been posted up on this forum too.

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My concern is with the wiring harness. I couldn't find any wiring for fog lamps behind the bumper. And the lamp button on the dash does not have a center cap. Seems like it could take some time to do this job. I haven't decided if I want to have it done to mine.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My concern is with the wiring harness. I couldn't find any wiring for fog lamps behind the bumper. And the lamp button on the dash does not have a center cap. Seems like it could take some time to do this job. I haven't decided if I want to have it done to mine.
The other thing, at least on Badlands, if fog lights off and you turn wheels at night the fog light on side you are turning comes on automatically then after turn goes off. So those fog lights are connected to the steering some how some where? Doesn't seem to be a trivial setup to me.

First Name
Kennedy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend (Traded in '11 Escape XLT 2.0L)
So I'm no longer giving Ford the benefit of the doubt on this one. I called my dealer on Feb. 7 and they confirmed that the window sticker said fog lights standard, but the equipment is missing. (Attached is the PDF when I was shopping for the car and what I expected when I showed up with my checkbook. I also have the original in the glovebox that says the same.) They said they would have to check on it and get back to me.

So, today, after not hearing anything back, I called to check. They print out the window sticker today from Ford and now my window sticker with my vin and same MSRP has the entry for fog lights removed! And the dealer said they weren't sure if it's even something they would be able to install anyway.

If Ford is monkeying around on the backend and changing window stickers after sales are complete, that might be the most anti-consumer practice I've ever heard of. I will be speaking directly to Ford tomorrow and I will report back.
Ford Bronco Sport Fog lamps missing from my 2022 Big Bend Screenshot_20220228-193011__01

AltoBlue Broncie

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to a service manager at one of the best dealers in town. He suggested going as far as making a “misbuild” claim and making Ford buy it back.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
I've read on here that on the 22MY that the head rests in the back row don't fold down, my 21 big bend has a big button on the head rest, my back seats won't lay flat without the head rests folded.
Did they change the head rests? In my '22 BL the seats fold down just fine even with the head rests on and there is still a gap to the front seat.

Also I haven't tested the fog lights with turning the wheel, just tested to make sure they worked, but that seems odd? You sure its not the auto high beam setting? That by the way is a feature I didnt know about and I didn't know I needed. Used it on the break in drive and holy crap thats awesome!

OP
OP
BSBB4Les

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I might be in the same boat. I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me after their investigation. When I've called them for updates, they say they're working on it. Since they knew of the original window sticker listing fog lamps as standard equipment, I feel they should give some sort of compensation in lieu of installing them, if they're not confident they could even do the job! That's what I'm going for once they make their final conclusion.
Sponsored