Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flatoutsuspension.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Really interested in this! Your price is awfully high, but if you can provide some pictures and some info once it’s on, would be much more interested. Very ballsy to be posting and taking reservations without anything to show for. I’ll watch and wait!
We’ve actually done the pre-order style during development a lot and don’t necessarily require it. We’ve been pretty well established to the point a lot of peopletake into account we know what we’re doing due to experience in the market.

Look at it this way, people pre-order cars before they hit the market all the time. Even from start ups. Case in point, the Rivian EV truck.

The pre-orders just help us figure out what to prep on an initial parts run. As we hand build everything, and with supply right now, it helps us to get an initial run of a good quantity out to people. It also allows you to reserve a set so you don’t have to wait 10 weeks for yours to arrive.

We fully expect most people to wait and see a tangible item. But we have a good amount of orders for our initial launch run.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Better someone else. I've read to many posts about clanking noises on early lifts. Let em work out all the kinks and have others be the beta testers.
The noise wasn’t in early models or from anything like “oops, we don’t know what we’re doing”, rather it was during the pandemic lock down when the supply chain stopped. The manufacturer that makes our shock travel limiter (internal bumpstop) had zero supply and we had to source another which ended up being a higher durometer which did not suppress the sound of the shock hitting full extension, so you’d hear the piston assembly contact the top cap assembly of the shock. It was a very small run of about 12-18 TOTAL shocks which we caught very quickly, though some made it out to customers. We replaced shocks, no questions asked. That’s a complete non-issue at this point

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
No idea why they say they won’t fit BL/FE. Yes the BL is an inch higher. But that comes from the 235 option and the rate increase on the springs. Get 1/2 inch from both, giving the lift. The shocks are exactly the same between models. But I think the BL has a different front knuckle that may mildly change the mounting/clearance. Going off of ford’s differentiation online.
I wouldn’t install the rough country, but honestly probs be better than the spacer lifts since they eat into some of the already limited travel and then the shock turns into your bump stop. Again the oem shocks are pretty good. But spending 600/700+ a corner is a hard sell, regardless.

BusterBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That's why we have designations for trim, Bad Lands will be 2" over OEM Bad Lands height.

If you picked Bad Lands and had a Big Bend, you'd end up over 2", nearing 3".

If the BL kit fits on the BB what is the difference between the kits? I'm looking for a 3" lift and am nervouse to buy a kit for a trim level I don't have.

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
If the BL kit fits on the BB what is the difference between the kits? I'm looking for a 3" lift and am nervouse to buy a kit for a trim level I don't have.
The BL is just slightly longer to gain a true +2” lift. If you want 3” of lift, that’s what you’d want to get. Just be aware there some difficulty getting alignment to OEM spec.

BusterBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The BL is just slightly longer to gain a true +2” lift. If you want 3” of lift, that’s what you’d want to get. Just be aware there some difficulty getting alignment to OEM spec.
Difficulty as in its a pain in the ass or difficulty like it won't reach proper alignment and cause extra wear and tear on suspension components?

OP
OP
Flatout Suspension

Flatout Suspension

Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
Difficulty as in its a pain in the ass or difficulty like it won't reach proper alignment and cause extra wear and tear on suspension components?
The latter. I think at least in the rear, we will need to develop a 1-1.5” subframe drop to correct cv angles for lifting over 2”.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
If you are lifting that much(2+ inches) arn't the CV joints going to be extremely stressed due to drive line geometry differences vs stock? I remember reading (back when I had a lifted Forester XT, R.I.P.) that more than 2 inches basically required new driveline geometry to be looked at as the angles change enough that things start over stressing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If you are lifting that much(2+ inches) arn't the CV joints going to be extremely stressed due to drive line geometry differences vs stock? I remember reading (back when I had a lifted Forester XT, R.I.P.) that more than 2 inches basically required new driveline geometry to be looked at as the angles change enough that things start over stressing.
I asked the Flatout rep this very question. They said they were looking into it. I'm standing by...

Digital_Synapse

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Really interested in this! Your price is awfully high, but if you can provide some pictures and some info once it’s on, would be much more interested. Very ballsy to be posting and taking reservations without anything to show for. I’ll watch and wait!
Although i understand the price isn’t exactly inexpensive, relatively speaking this is a very affordable kit. I for one am very excited. I’d like to get a 3” lift with corrected driveline geometry. Very excited.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition