Outer Banks
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flatoutsuspension.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX
I see all of your lifts are adjustable between 1/2" and 2". I own a Badlands that already has 1" more lift than every other trim package. You say it's a full replacement of the OEM hardware so am I correct in assuming that if I install one of your lifts I'll only get 1" more of clearance instead of 2"?
That's why we have designations for trim, Bad Lands will be 2" over OEM Bad Lands height.

If you picked Bad Lands and had a Big Bend, you'd end up over 2", nearing 3".
Sponsored

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
That's why we have designations for trim, Bad Lands will be 2" over OEM Bad Lands height.

If you picked Bad Lands and had a Big Bend, you'd end up over 2", nearing 3".
Awesome. This is the first time I've seen a lift for the Badlands that doesn't compromise some of the additional clearance a lift would offer other trim packages because of the OEM 1" lift the Badlands comes with.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Not a single picture of a lifted BS.
I suspect a new startup with no actual experience just feeling us out hoping to get funding for a proposed lift system.
I would advise others to not bite at this time considering some of the problems we’ve all seen in many previous lifts kits.

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Not a single picture if a lifted BS.
I suspect a new startup with no actual experience just feeling us out hoping to get funding for a proposed lift system.
I would advise others to not bite at this time considering some of the problems we’ve all seen in many previous lifts kits.
https://flatoutsuspension.net/pages/youtube-videos

someones got to put a toe in the water at some point

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
Better someone else. I've read to many posts about clanking noises on early lifts. Let em work out all the kinks and have others be the beta testers.
very true
but we're accustomed to that beta-test
Bronco Sport owners are very much beta-testing right now

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Better someone else. I've read to many posts about clanking noises on early lifts. Let em work out all the kinks and have others be the beta testers.
You've read the posts, but apparently don't understand why they made clanking noises. You probably also don't understand how this kit is completely different than any other kit currently available.

Right now there are
  • spacer lifts (some which do/did have clanking issues)
  • H&R spring replacement lift (no issues reported so far)
  • Flat Out Suspension full spring/strut replacement (still in development)
Each of these achieves the lift in different ways and at different risk levels. A spacer lift probably has the highest chance of having an issue, the spring replacement is much lower but still a possibility, and the full spring/strut replacement is the highest quality and least risky of the bunch. The first 2 are pretty cheap, but the spring/strut replacement is definitely a big step up in price.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
You've read the posts, but apparently don't understand why they made clanking noises. You probably also don't understand how this kit is completely different than any other kit currently available.

Right now there are
  • spacer lifts (some which do/did have clanking issues)
  • H&R spring replacement lift (no issues reported so far)
  • Flat Out Suspension full spring/strut replacement (still in development)
Each of these achieves the lift in different ways and at different risk levels. A spacer lift probably has the highest chance of having an issue, the spring replacement is much lower but still a possibility, and the full spring/strut replacement is the highest quality and least risky of the bunch. The first 2 are pretty cheap, but the spring/strut replacement is definitely a big step up in price.
I understand. I also understand changing the geometry of the suspension and drivetrain could have negative effects. Like I said, let somebody else try it and we'll see what the long-term effects are down the road.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I understand. I also understand changing the geometry of the suspension and drivetrain could have negative effects. Like I said, let somebody else try it and we'll see what the long-term effects are down the road.
Sorry, re-reading my post and it comes across a little negative. Not trying to attack or demean. Intention is to inform.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Not a single picture if a lifted BS.
Not exactly a startup as the company name has been around for decades, I seem to remember, but the previous owner, of at least 3 known, ran the product and company in the ground, from what I read on a Subaru forum. The current owner (s) took over near the beginning of 2020 and have actively pursued trying to make up for previous problems. I believe all their current products are the creation of the new owner and no old designs are currently offered.

We should give them a break, unless they prove to be problematic. They are a Forum sponsor!!! I know that doesn't make them the GOAT but they are the first to offer coilovers for the BS. Had Eibach or KWsuspension come out with coilovers at the same time I would have bought one of theirs. A good coilover will be better than any spacer or spring lift, in many ways.

I will be using my Badlands on 2 or more off road trips and several hundred miles before I put my Flatouts on and I will keep you guys fully informed as to my comparison between the oem and Flatouts. Things I'll compare are; differences in noise level and ride harshness., Any difficulty in installation or adjustability and any problems that might arise form installing them at the recommended height. If they recommend a 1.5" lift that's where I'll put them. If they recommend 1.5-2.5", I'll do 2". If the springs sag any after the first two weeks I'll tell you and how much. I'll also do a before and after articulation test.

I'll be in the shop, standing by the car when they are installed, by my trusted friend who has installed 4 or 5 sets of coilovers for me over the years and I can't tell you how many times, at my request he either changed the springs on them, to something else (Longer, shorter, stiffer or softer). He also does my alignments and corner balancing. I taught him everything I knew about Subaru performance suspension setup decades ago and he has taken that to a whole different level with many types of cars and people come to him from more than a hundred miles away.

Sorry if that was long winded.

CallahanMan

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra 2013 Rock Warrior
Hello everyone!!

This is my first post (wanted to wait for vendor status), so just wanted to give a little product update, a bit about us, the usual stuff. I've chimed in on a topic or two here, but felt the need to establish more presence.

So, I'm here to promote our suspension lift. I know there are already options out there, but here me out. The options currently are limited to strut top spacers as it seems. We do things a bit different. Ok, a lot different. Our lift is a complete package. It is a full replacement to the OEM hardware. Couple of quick facts:

1. Height adjustable. Maybe today you want 1/2" but tomorrow you want 2". Just set the perch height.
2. Weight compensation. Besides adjusting height to counter sag, we have overload springs that take the sag away.
3. Adjustable dampers. Cushy to firm (not like riding on bricks, just more responsive).
4. We have everything you need. Adjustable endlinks, camber arms (rear), camber bolts (front).
5. REBUILDABLE shocks! Don't throw them away, we can give them new life for $195 per corner.

Ok, if you're still here, thank you...

I could expand with paragraphs on points 1-5, but do I need to? I'm happy to, but I find most is self explanatory.

So why us? Well...[deep breath]...we were founded in offroad. A different bit of offroad than maybe you are used to. Half the efforts went towards racing (rally/ rallycross) and the other was the light off-roading/ overlanding types for Subaru vehicles. Both have absolutely blown up in popularity, especially the overlanding. We know the CUV market, we live and breathe it, every day.

We are constantly asked everyday, "can you make a suspension for _____ or for a _____?" Well, one of those times (several, actually) was "Can you make a suspension for the Bronco Sport?" We were intrigued. So much so, that we bought one as a company vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Flatout Suspension lift suspension!! IMG_8831

We bought this 22 Outer Banks because any time we need to develop something, it's right outside. Any time one of you has questions about our suspension, we can video chat and walk right up to the car and answer with video in real time. And also because, well, I really like driving it!

We've already started with this one... obviously the suspension (our own BS was used to develop), Method 17" wheels, some BFG A/Ts, we have the cross bars, a roof basket, skid plate, etc. etc. We are going to make this a fun little rig and we're going to tour the country (as time allows, of course).

We are starting with our suspension offerings....

1. GR Lite. Our entry-level for ground clearance and light offroad.
2. GR Plus. This is our mid-level set up using inverted shocks. Stronger than the Lites.
3. GR40. This is our heavy-duty off-road suspension built for endurance.

Take a look here ---> https://flatoutsuspension.net/search?q=bronco

Ok, so I'm just going to close with a little story about what we do, what we've done, etc...

As mentioned before, we started in the world of rally and offroad Subarus. So we like to think we know a bit about making a tough, long lasting suspension. Our venture into other brands really took off last April. I mean, we had built some crazy stuff for people; which quickly became our thing. But last April, Rhys Millen Racing (google them!) contacted us about partnering on a build for the Baja 1000 race. Volkwagen wanted to do the unthinkable and run a production EV (Volkswagen ID.4) in the baja race. They said Tanner Foust (famous rally racer, drifter, Top Gear USA host (maybe google him too) was going to be driving the car. Did we want in? Immediately YES. So we did. If you know anything about the baja race...it's brutal. A lot of cars don't finish. Baja breaks cars. The VW ID.4 finished. Our spare suspension didn't even get unpacked.

After that, we just soared. Since then, other manufacturers have contacted us about other projects. It's been really fun.

I don't mean to make it sound like a horn tooting fest, but I think it's important to know we aren't just some fly-by-night dipping their feet in the pool. We are in it.

This intro ended up longer than intended, so lets start some conversations. If you have questions about our suspension, fire away. If you want to know my favorite planet, I'll answer that too.

Anyhoo, I'm really excited and happy to be here and I hope we can do a lot for everyone here.

Thanks for reading!
Really interested in this! Your price is awfully high, but if you can provide some pictures and some info once it’s on, would be much more interested. Very ballsy to be posting and taking reservations without anything to show for. I’ll watch and wait!

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Interesting, I’ve worked on a lot of bicycle and motorcycle suspension, but don’t know much about 4 wheel suspension.

So there is height adjustment, and compression and/or rebound damping adjustment? Just wondering how the height adjustment affects the spring rate/preload, and how quickly adjustments can be made.

I’d love to be able to drop and firm up my suspension for daily driving, but raise and soften it for the dirt. I’ve dealt with bike suspensions where this is possible, but they’ve mostly had negative air springs, and a maintenance interval no one would tolerate on a car or truck.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Interesting, I’ve worked on a lot of bicycle and motorcycle suspension, but don’t know much about 4 wheel suspension.

So there is height adjustment, and compression and/or rebound damping adjustment? Just wondering how the height adjustment affects the spring rate/preload, and how quickly adjustments can be made.

I’d love to be able to drop and firm up my suspension for daily driving, but raise and soften it for the dirt. I’ve dealt with bike suspensions where this is possible, but they’ve mostly had negative air springs, and a maintenance interval no one would tolerate on a car or truck.
I found this on a YouTube search. Not BS specific and it's the GR lite but looks to be the same set up method, in the front, at least. Also, you may notice the Allen screw in the bottom, of the front strut, that is the rebound adjustment screw.
Sponsored

Last edited: