GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Wow.....that seems like poor design there. I have 12000+ miles as well; no rubbing or movement in said areas. I would go back to the dealer; doesn't seem right to me.
I heard in another tread that the BL's didn't have the splash guards. Does yours?
Sponsored

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a 1.5L base and I'm having the same noise. It's somewhat inconsistant and only happens between 25-45mph. Originally I thought it was this plastic piece right under where the rear cargo door as that had popped off. However the noise is back with that piece back.

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks a lot everyone, I did found the actual flapping noise, I took the whole panel out it wasn't that hard but No need to take the whole panel out to do this, there is two quarter panel vents one located on driver side and other passenger side vents are hidden below I circled in red first picture, all I did is to move the foam inward pushing it in toward the vent yes I did cover the vent with this factory foam, took it for a test drive and no more flapping noise.
Video shows vent flapping around but did not made any noise because I had the panel off only with panel back on it will make this noise again.

Quarter vent Location:
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210918_120241e

Before
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210918_132238

After
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210918_132301
I will give this a try!

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Make sure its not the seat belt on the back seat. If I drive at the speeds you’re saying with all the Windows down, the rear seatbelt will sometimes flap (in the wind against the seat quite hard)with said windows down. You can turn around and see it.
I came here to say this. My 2012 Escape had the exact same design flaw. Lots of the same DNA in that vehicle and this one.

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I thought I typed this in there and to passenger side factory foam it sits too high had to moved it down.
Can you just open up the vent by the side window and reach down there to push it back?

OP
OP

Buzziant

Outer Banks
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Can you just open up the vent by the side window and reach down there to push it back?
Unfortunately no only top vent can be removed it's too small to reach down there.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hello everyone new here, got me a outer banks 2 weeks ago this was dealer order unfortunately had to pay dealer markup it wasn't that bad, so only 400 miles in already had to troubleshoot 2 bugs first was daylight staying on won't shut off after 10 mins and second was tailgate keyless won't unlock using the keyfob thankfully I was able to find these fixes from other members in this forum and now there is this weird flapping noise coming from the cargo area, it occurs while driving 40+mph highway roads, I jumped in the cargo I hear it in these vents on the other side too same noise see video and picture I circled in red, it does not sounds suspension issue. I did inspected underneath for loose plastic or shields didn't found anything loose. I'm thinking sending it to the dealer but anyone else have this familiar noise?

turn up volume a little bit

Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210914_170713[1]
Did you open the rear glass and look at the plastic shield that is pinned behind the wiring bundle. I noticed that the drive through car wash blows it loose from the pins it mounts with.

OP
OP

Buzziant

Outer Banks
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So the entire side panel needs to come off?
Not really, there are panel retainer clips and two bolts it will give you enough room to get in there, circled in red retainer clips locations
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210920_084754

2 bolts location
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area IMG_20210920_084815

OP
OP

Buzziant

Outer Banks
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Did you open the rear glass and look at the plastic shield that is pinned behind the wiring bundle. I noticed that the drive through car wash blows it loose from the pins it mounts with.
Yes I did found my issue on post #12

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area Untitled

I was able to get in there with just the 2 i circled and the bolts on the bottom. However, the two I circled I'm not familar with as they don't want to snap back in. They are the yellow bolt that goes into the black catch. Any trick to those? I hate trim pieces that I can't just bang on to get back on.

OP
OP

Buzziant

Outer Banks
First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport Flapping noise cargo area Untitled

I was able to get in there with just the 2 i circled and the bolts on the bottom. However, the two I circled I'm not familar with as they don't want to snap back in. They are the yellow bolt that goes into the black catch. Any trick to those? I hate trim pieces that I can't just bang on to get back on.
Hmm I had no problems with those, make sure those two yellow clips are attached with the plastic panel and not inserted in the metal.
Sponsored