First wash

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Ok Boomer... :crackup:
My brother and I just barely squeaked in there. A few months later and he would have been Gen X.

Those paste waxes were a PITA. I was so used to them though that when I first saw the liquid type I thought there was no way it could be as good.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My brother and I just barely squeaked in there. A few months later and he would have been Gen X.

Those paste waxes were a PITA. I was so used to them though that when I first saw the liquid type I thought there was no way it could be as good.
Wax on. Wax off.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I get all my car washes at one of those automated places and have since I bought it 15 months ago.

No problems whatsoever.
But have you actually looked at your paint? Like up close, not from across the street. It’s okay, most people don’t care enough but for those that really want the car to look good, those spider web scratches caused by the drive through wash are the worst.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But have you actually looked at your paint? Like up close, not from across the street. It’s okay, most people don’t care enough but for those that really want the car to look good, those spider web scratches caused by the drive through wash are the worst.
About 50 years ago, my brother who was about 8 at the time decided to 'surprise' our grandmother by washing her car -- he got a bucket of soapy water (dish soap) and went at it with a green scrub pad!

Needless to say, that left scuffs and scratches all over the entire car. It wasn't so bad that you could see them from 10' away, but they were obvious. If she noticed she never said anything.

Edit: It was a 1970 Duster. :frown:

Last edited:

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, I've looked close and don't have any scratching whatsoever. If I did, I'd quit going there.

The place I go to is Cobblestone and they get a lot of good reviews.

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've used to hand wash my Mustang with ceramic coating every week or two. On the BS I got a dent from a bullet on day 2 after I bought it. Hand washed the first weekend and after realizing how much harder was to clean/dry the roof started just bring it into the automatic carwashes. No ceramic coating or protection. I guess I don't care about keeping it shiny as much as before. Not sure if I would be doing without my baby being shot 😅

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've used to hand wash my Mustang with ceramic coating every week or two. On the BS I got a dent from a bullet on day 2 after I bought it. Hand washed the first weekend and after realizing how much harder was to clean/dry the roof started just bring it into the automatic carwashes. No ceramic coating or protection. I guess I don't care about keeping it shiny as much as before. Not sure if I would be doing without my baby being shot 😅
First of all -- a dent from a bullet? Care to elaborate? :shock:

What do you mean by, "Not sure if I would be doing without my baby being shot."

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yes, I've looked close and don't have any scratching whatsoever. If I did, I'd quit going there.

The place I go to is Cobblestone and they get a lot of good reviews.
I tried cobblestone when ilived in mesa, az.. Was not impressed. Went straight back to self spray bay

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First of all -- a dent from a bullet? Care to elaborate? :shock:

What do you mean by, "Not sure if I would be doing without my baby being shot."
Glad you found my old post about my car being shot😅 Falling bullet from new years.
Haven't fix the dent yet, just one of those black magnets covering it. If it wasn't because of the bullet, maybe I would be hand washing it or even put ceramic coat on it. Lost a little motivation for keeping the paint perfect, that's what I mean.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I guess I don't care about keeping it shiny as much as before. Not sure if I would be doing without my baby being shot 😅
I remember your post about that--crazy. Sometimes the first ding/dent is a relief; after that you don't have to constantly be on tenterhooks!