First wash

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Drove to Vermont for the holiday weekend. No off-roading but the snow and mud being kicked up from the above-freezing temps made my car really dirty. First car wash when I got back at around 1100 miles.

Ford Bronco Sport First wash IMG_1463
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Drove to Vermont for the holiday weekend. No off-roading but the snow and mud being kicked up from the above-freezing temps made my car really dirty. First car wash when I got back at around 1100 miles.

Ford Bronco Sport First wash IMG_1463
Lift gate, rear window leaks ?

OP
OP

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Lift gate, rear window leaks ?
None at all that I could ascertain. Opening the front doors caused some drops on the seats, which scared me at first because my previous car developed leaks towards the end but this was just from opening the doors!

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You're a brave man. Once I purchased my 21 OB and my wife's 21 Escape SEL I gave up on my car wash membership.

Strictly hand washing now.
It's 21°F here in the Midwest wish I could do the same because I know how bad these automatic car washes are when used overtime. But I got to get that road salt off my vehicle and the undercarriage is layered with salty slush.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
You're a brave man. Once I purchased my 21 OB and my wife's 21 Escape SEL I gave up on my car wash membership.

Strictly hand washing now.
Yeah buddy ! My Base model is Shadow black. I’m in the hand wash club also.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I still get it done, but only at a hand wash. I never go thru the paint strippers followed by a spanking. The high power jets are there to blow the BS tears away after that punishment

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hard to believe there is a post about washing a BS.
Waste of bandwidth.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Hard to believe there is a post about washing a BS.
Waste of bandwidth.
But somehow your reply is not wasting bandwidth?

There's a nifty little Ignore feature you can use if a thread topic is of no interest to you:

Ford Bronco Sport First wash Ignore

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Last year took my '14 CRV through car wash and it spit grease all over the car. I complained they let me run it through two more times. But grease was stuck on. I went home and used car wax to get grease off of paint.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
My wife and I just washed the BL for the first time the other day.

Rain had been beading up on it pretty well, but after washing it -- no more beading. Just a sheet of water.

This doesn't happen with our other cars. Any thoughts?

Is it possible that the dealer just uses some cheap spray wax that is removed when gently washing with car wash soap?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My wife and I just washed the BL for the first time the other day.

Rain had been beading up on it pretty well, but after washing it -- no more beading. Just a sheet of water.

This doesn't happen with our other cars. Any thoughts?

Is it possible that the dealer just uses some cheap spray wax that is removed when gently washing with car wash soap?
Assuming you didn't purchase ceramic coating, that would be my best guess. Whatever they used to detail it for delivery was just a cheap application and came off when washing.
To that end it could also be the strength of your car soap? Huge suds isn't ideal for a good wash and harsh soaps can break down wax/finish over time. If you really care to keep it beading and glossy better soap and good wax makes all the difference
I am biased with my experiences. I like the Meguiars stuff. Their car shampoo and pro ceramic wax is easy to use and all my vehicles over the years stay looking brand new even with hot and humid Michigan summers and freezing salty winters.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Assuming you didn't purchase ceramic coating, that would be my best guess. Whatever they used to detail it for delivery was just a cheap application and came off when washing.
To that end it could also be the strength of your car soap? Huge suds isn't ideal for a good wash and harsh soaps can break down wax/finish over time. If you really care to keep it beading and glossy better soap and good wax makes all the difference
I am biased with my experiences. I like the Meguiars stuff. Their car shampoo and pro ceramic wax is easy to use and all my vehicles over the years stay looking brand new even with hot and humid Michigan summers and freezing salty winters.
I've used a selection of waxes over the years -- beginning in the 1970s, when wax was rock-hard paste -- and we LIKED IT! :cool:

Meguiars is very good. There are others that are comparable. The wax in the orange bottle (I can't recall the name) is also very good. Very durable.

The best I've found is one called "Rejex". We bought a used Sprinter-based RV 10 years ago. It was just 3 years old, so the finish was still very good -- except the hood and the top of the "cab-over" that had more sun exposure. They were noticeably dull. I tried my arsenal of waxes (including Meguiars). Multiple coats, nothing worked. They were still dull.

We stripped all the wax off using Dawn and applied the Rejex. It was an amazing difference. Just one coat brought them both back. A second coat had them looking better than the other body panels so I ended up using Rejex on the entire rig.

Maybe that was a perfect test/demo situation for the Rejex (perhaps it would not do as well in some other application) but I was very impressed.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I get all my car washes at one of those automated places and have since I bought it 15 months ago.

No problems whatsoever.