Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They discontinued Area 51 and added that? It's OK but I'll stick with my Cactus Grey.
I was in between Area 51 and Cactus Grey. Just because of the white letters I went with Area 51. If the color is discontinued, I'm even more happy with the choice.
This Sand color looks nice. But if I have to pick a 24 model Cactus Grey would be the winner.
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Yeah, Paint will be peeling, windshield will be cracked, the radio won’t work, might have a new engine, but I bet it will still turn a few heads as I drive by.
Yes, but for the reasons you listed. Not the color.😉

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
They discontinued Area 51 and added that? It's OK but I'll stick with my Cactus Grey.
I thought Azure Grey replaced Area 51, but maybe I'm wrong. They also killed off the Cyber Orange, which surprised me ... as it was sort of an iconic color.

As for the tan, I think that works better in a more matte finish to play off of the offroad crowd ... similar to what Toyota did a few years back with some of its military/earth colors. The Ford tan looks too glossy for me.

I'd still stick with (1) Red, (2) Green, (3) Cactus Grey. I'd go with some version of blue before tan.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
My kind of color, I’d perhaps if not probably choose it ordering today. Not enough to get me to order & trade mind you. But I do like it!

Bass Fool

Big Bend
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Reminds me of the colour of my raptor I had before I got this my BS BB.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The tan is an outdoorsy color, but I wouldn't buy it. My Eruption Green/CG BL shows built 8/4.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I bought a '23 OBX in Cactus Gray. This Desert Sand would have been a contender if it were available in '23.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
No go with me. After 40 years in the auto retail business.... Generally speaking, Tan, sand and shades of brown have terrible resale value. Buy it if you like it however, it's a fair point to consider.
Take it from me. After spending most of my life worried about the resale of anything. I am tired of preserving stuff for the next person. Screw them I am enjoying what I want the way I want. If you don't like my brown tan pink green orange or yellow what ever WHO CARES. Either way at trade in time the auto business will try to stick it to you regardless of color.

Doradojoe1

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Buy and drive whatever you want. As far as resale value goes, if it's not important to you, that's fine... just thought I would mention the resale value since it may be a consideration for another in the market buyer. As far as the auto business sticking it to you at trade in time, my advice would be shop a few different stores or sell it privately.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Take it from me. After spending most of my life worried about the resale of anything. I am tired of preserving stuff for the next person. Screw them I am enjoying what I want the way I want. If you don't like my brown tan pink green orange or yellow what ever WHO CARES. Either way at trade in time the auto business will try to stick it to you regardless of color.
Thank God for Carvana! It's sure changed the way dealers are forced to appraise trade-ins.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Using historic resale may be misplaced. The surge of primer grey and desert tan has increased considerably. I really like it especially with black roof and Steelie rims. I'd buy fhag

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I love the cactus gray but not a fan of that blah Desert Sand color.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport First Look at Desert Sand Color on 2024 Bronco Sport 1964 Buick Electra 225 on the beach - not Dad's car

No one I know in that picture, but identical to my Dad's car. Mom and Dad and 5 kids, pulling our 1964 Apache pop-up camper. Trips to Expo '67 in Montreal, Florida twice, Grand Canyon, and all the stops between those destinations and our home in Chicagoland. Numerous camping trips to Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana, and other short camping trips. Learned to drive in that car. Man, look at the length of that trunk! Brings tears to my eyes. Irreplaceable!
Sponsored