TXArchitect

First Edition
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I also have a big brother Outer Banks as backup. But I recommend that you run the big bend through the ford builder. When I was through, mine hit $60k
$42,350 for 4 Door Big Bend, 2.7L, Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow Package.

$43,735 for 4 Door Outerbanks, 2.3L, Aux Switch and Tow Package (Mid Package included). As close as I can get it to the Big Bend model.
Sponsored

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
$42,350 for 4 Door Big Bend, 2.7L, Mid Package, Aux Switch, LED Headlights and Tow Package.

$43,735 for 4 Door Outerbanks, 2.3L, Aux Switch and Tow Package (Mid Package included). As close as I can get it to the Big Bend model.
I ran the OuterBanks again, taking away sasquatch, and went with 2.7 and high package (that 12" screen blows the base away). Added Aux switches and Tow. I hit $48k. So still 7-8k above the FE sport.

Big Bends seems like the more comparable back up

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
Not to beat the dead horse or Bronco but looking at the pictures of the First Edition at the dealer in Texas it does not have adaptive cruise controls on the steering wheel, so no 360+. I personally love adaptive cruise and most likely would not buy a vehicle without it. Sorry to all that purchased thinking your First Edition had it.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not to beat the dead horse or Bronco but looking at the pictures of the First Edition at the dealer in Texas it does not have adaptive cruise controls on the steering wheel, so no 360+. I personally love adaptive cruise and most likely would not buy a vehicle without it. Sorry to all that purchased thinking your First Edition had it.
Yep, saw that in a couple of the first drive reviews. The. FE did have basic cruise control like the Base & Big Bend. The FE was also missing Sync navigation even though my dealer still insists that it’s there.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
If I like the Sport when it comes in I’ll be walking away from my FE reservation and getting the Badlands + Badlands package. Again, what a huge miss for Ford not to make the FE fully loaded. $1500 extra for an ugly Navy Pier interior and some decals? I don’t think so. One caveat - this is for my wife so who knows. Lol.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
i haven’t decided yet whether to drop my FE order. I’ll decide Monday when I can meet with my dealer. I’m really disappointed that Ford dropped Sync 3 nav from the Ford.com build configurator after everyone locked into their reservations. And I’m surprised that their dealers and Ford Marketing have continued to say that it’s included. What a poor miscalculation on Ford’s part.

I really like my adaptive cruise control, but I can live with the barebones cruise control. Sync nav is a different issue. So it really depends whether I can upgrade my Sync 3 to add nav. Or switch to a Badlands with Badlands package and still take delivery in March.

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I'm hoping my dealer will take the FE happily off my hands then turn around and work with me on the big brother 4dr outerbanks come summer 2021.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My ideal situation if we stick with a Sport would have the dealer take the FE, sell above MSRP and give me a smoking hot deal on a BL + BL (fully loaded, of course!).

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
I'm really re-thinking the FE myself, knowing now from this forum and people that have gotten theirs that it does not have sat nav (I could care less about adaptive cruise, speed sign recog) and it doesn't have that rear passenger storage (prolly won't use it anyways) but I'd be spending more for stickers and rims and "1 of 2,000 built" whereas I can get the same stuff and more in a BL + BL. I'm just thinking the navy blue (which appears like a lighter blue) with a more yellow than orange exterior might make me wanna barf for $40k...

DropTheWorld

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I'm really re-thinking the FE myself, knowing now from this forum and people that have gotten theirs that it does not have sat nav (I could care less about adaptive cruise, speed sign recog) and it doesn't have that rear passenger storage (prolly won't use it anyways) but I'd be spending more for stickers and rims and "1 of 2,000 built" whereas I can get the same stuff and more in a BL + BL. I'm just thinking the navy blue (which appears like a lighter blue) with a more yellow than orange exterior might make me wanna barf for $40k...
Yup. I don't think the FE is holding up value wise. Just have fun building a Bl + Bl. The color choices alone are enough to "downgrade" to the truly fully loaded BL! And looks? You can make an alto blue with gray roof. FE can't pull off that unique look.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I liked the look of the cyber orange paint, but was concerned it wouldn't look good with the navy pier. I don't think the rapid red will look very good with it either.

The items you mention above are certainly annoying, but none are deal breakers for me either.

MDCDOC

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS, Roadster
I liked the look of the cyber orange paint, but was concerned it wouldn't look good with the navy pier. I don't think the rapid red will look very good with it either.

The items you mention above are certainly annoying, but none are deal breakers for me either.
I just picked up my FE Cyber Orange. The Navy Pier looks great. This was a big question for me during this process. I have not seen 1 picture that represented it well. Same with Cyber Orange. It can come off as yellow in some pics....it is more orange for sure, but at some angles it is a mix due to metallic and tri-coat and lighting. Love both the Cyber Orange and the Navy Pier. Combo looks sharp. The Navy Pier is darker and much nicer than every picture I have seen. Was going to be a deal breaker if it was that lighter blue I kept seeing. I do not have pics to share of the Navy Pier..it just doesn't show up right. If looking on a laptop, the angle of your screen can alter the color as well. Very happy I stuck with FE.

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread MDC BSFE 1

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread MDC BSFE 2

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread MDC BSFE 3

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread MDC BSFE 4

Last edited:

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I was trying to post how jealous I am but none of the tools are clickable so I couldn’t add a big grin or thumbs up.