FIRST EDITION Thread

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Did you do this as a part of the order creation or did you need to create a whole new reservation?
My dealer had me cancel the FE and then add a reservation for a Badlands + Badlands which they then converted. They are still sorting out the refund of my first deposit but I'm sure it'll show up.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
My dealer had me cancel the FE and then add a reservation for a Badlands + Badlands which they then converted. They are still sorting out the refund of my first deposit but I'm sure it'll show up.
They said it can take up to 10 days to process...

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Just got off phone. My dealer said two things. 1. I should just go in and reserve the BL+BL and tow, wheels, etc. And 2. please do not cancel the FE. as he has someone else who would like to get it instead. He would refund me the $100 reservation fee. So that is the way i am going to go.

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva
Another note is the full size spare. Their website says mini spare. I will be disappointed if I get a donut instead of full wheel/tire spare.
I think the full size spare comes with FE, but you can't get the gray carbonized wheels, only the black.

Tow package is for sure included with the FE.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Anybody else want to see more interior photos, especially of the navy pier vs the ebony/brown??? FE would be top notch if the ebony/brown was available. SMH.

Put off calling dealer but time to actually call to see if I can save 2k with BL + BL

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
Put off calling dealer but time to actually call to see if I can save 2k with BL + BL
My fear is that now that i have gone from FE to BL+BL (plus tow, tires), i may not really save 2K cuz of the accessories i can now buy! :)

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My fear is that now that i have gone from FE to BL+BL (plus tow, tires), i may not really save 2K cuz of the accessories i can now buy! :)
True. That's the point though! the GFC Superlite RTT is a pretty penny ;) That or a 4 legged pal to ride shotgun.

...Speaking of, weren't you considering? Going with Ford crossbars or aftermarket? May go with wider cross bars/platform but I'm not too familiar with GFC mounting options.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
FWIW — I’ve got the question out to my dealer to understand the actual packaging of FE... again, I’d be surprised if it’s not “fully loaded” based on the principle of what First Editions are all about, but we certainly need to know if this is indeed the case or not. I’m 100% canceling and going with Badlands + Badlands if I’m paying an absurd premium for an appearance package that lacks material features. Some stickers and different logo print color really can’t justify a huge premium. I also like the wheel options and exterior choices on Badlands (silver with steelies should age well IMO) so might make the change anyway regardless of the answer.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
At first I didn't see BL had a wiper de-icer (which wouldn't make sense) but appears the eSource Book notes it does come standard....so exactly, FE just black rims and decals/lettering with tow package, tires (with silver steelies) being options. And if you wanted to shell out for it, adaptive cruise control and still save ~1200 w/o cross bars. 2k savings w/o pilot assist 2.0

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, Ford Ranger
Just sent an email to my dealer asking if they could reach out to Ford and clarify the differences. Same concerns as everyone else - Full sized spare, Co-Pilot Assist+, speed sign recognition - those should all come standard. Lack of exterior and interior color choices might make me change anyways, especially since I do love the look of those low-gloss aluminum wheels!

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1597854183220

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The full size spare is listed as standard on BL and FE on page 76. and only one interior option whereas it Ford may be more inclined listening to Bronco FE concerns more than Sport at least when I pop over to that forum.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I wonder if the FE is going to be limited in some equipment since it's early off the production line, so they need something that they can produce and aren't waiting for parts?

starofdavid11

First Edition
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-V
Just sent an email to my dealer asking if they could reach out to Ford and clarify the differences. Same concerns as everyone else - Full sized spare, Co-Pilot Assist+, speed sign recognition - those should all come standard. Lack of exterior and interior color choices might make me change anyways, especially since I do love the look of those low-gloss aluminum wheels!

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1597854183220
Sorry, did you get the clarification on the CPA+ spare tire etc or is that what you made sure to have your dealer emphasise?

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canceled my FE order Friday and converted a Badlands + Badlands reservation to an order yesterday. Saved $2K and got the inside/outside colors I wanted. Turns out the Badlands package includes the power moonroof I thought I was giving up.
Did they mention any delay to your order because of this? As long as this arrives in December/January I have no problem. We are lucky enough to have our lease ending in Feb so as long as a new order doesn't push it back too much I may do the same.

BroncoWoah

First Edition
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, did you get the clarification on the CPA+ spare tire etc or is that what you made sure to have your dealer emphasise?
That's what I was asking from my dealer...Didn't get much of a response back. Basically 'we have as much information as you do right now.' Though they did mention its unlikely Ford wouldn't include anything on the lower trim level that is not included on the First Edition.
Sponsored

Last edited: