chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The esource book is an awesome reference on differences, esp at end. Lots of tradeoffs to consider. It seems like for like, the price is close. roof strength at speed might be a determiner. Likely I will stick with FE and look at https://gofastcampers.com/tents/
Me too! At least down the line...fingers crossed!
Sponsored

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2020 Edge ST, 2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
I don't want to get in trouble but a few people NEED the parking assist (gf most definitely would need it). haha

I like the interior color compared to the brown as well as the wheels and other decals, but yes, trying to research features of Pilot Assist.... FE really doesn't' have simple cruise control? Not that I'll need it that much (or use it on my toyota) but occasionally might be nice to stretch legs....Or am I wrong, it will still have normal cruise control?
It will have "normal" cruise control. Just look at the buttons on the steering wheel (left side) for it.

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread {filename}

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
Pretty sure FE has adaptive cruise control with stop and go and lane centering.... this means you can take your hands off for a few seconds. Very similar to the Subaru Eyesight system, Volvo Pilot Assist, Toyota/Lexus systems, etc.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I’m also pretty sure it has Co-Pilot 2.0.

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure FE has adaptive cruise control with stop and go and lane centering.... this means you can take your hands off for a few seconds. Very similar to the Subaru Eyesight system, Volvo Pilot Assist, Toyota/Lexus systems, etc.
I’m also pretty sure it has Co-Pilot 2.0.
I used to believe Ford wouldn't be foolish enough not to include this stuff in the FE, but it looks like you can't get it with that trim, not even as an option. :angry:

Check page 77/85 of the big spec list posted this afternoon.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/uploads/2021-Bronco-Sport-eSourceBook.pdf

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1597100150803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
I used to believe Ford wouldn't be foolish enough not to include this stuff in the FE, but it looks like you can't get it with that trim, not even as an option. :angry:

Check page 77/85 of the big spec list posted this afternoon.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/uploads/2021-Bronco-Sport-eSourceBook.pdf

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread 1597100150803
They’ve billed FE as the combination of “all the luxury/tech goodies of the Outer Banks trim + all the capability of the Badlands trim.” My guess is that this description will turn out to be true in order to justify the price and that we’re just seeing pre-production sloppiness in the marketing. Of course, I could be totally wrong. I think that FEs aren’t going to be entering production for a while (my dealer thought December). Personally, I’d cancel my order for a FE if it doesn’t have every available feature in the model year that comes on other trim levels.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester Sport
It also wouldn’t surprise me to see rain sensing wipers (already listed on Outer Banks), homelink (because it’s been standard for like forever on so many lesser vehicles) and a 360 camera view (because we know it has at least front and rear cameras and they’re already marketing something called a 180 front camera with split view) make it onto the FE spec sheet when they clean up the summer MBA intern’s website work.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Have it on my F-150 platinum and one day driving to work, I drifted to the right edge of the roadway and the truck turned back into the lane...a little unnerving at first but I decided to do it on purpose and it did it again...:thumbsup:

Pretty cool feature, but KEEP THE HANDS ON THE WHEEL...;)

RonSwanson

First Edition
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It also wouldn’t surprise me to see rain sensing wipers (already listed on Outer Banks), homelink (because it’s been standard for like forever on so many lesser vehicles) and a 360 camera view (because we know it has at least front and rear cameras and they’re already marketing something called a 180 front camera with split view) make it onto the FE spec sheet when they clean up the summer MBA intern’s website work.
I hope you're right, but until I see it on a spec list from Ford...

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
The lack of any mentioning of re: Homelink does shock me somewhat. Heck even my 2010 Escape Limited has it, and was an option on the lesser trims back then.
I also really hope that it does show up, if not in 2021, at least in 2022.
Rain sensing wipers... nice, but for me not totally necessary. Homelink is (for me) a more useful item that i do use every day

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The lack of any mentioning of re: Homelink does shock me somewhat. Heck even my 2010 Escape Limited has it, and was an option on the lesser trims back then.
I also really hope that it does show up, if not in 2021, at least in 2022.
Rain sensing wipers... nice, but for me not totally necessary. Homelink is (for me) a more useful item that i do use every day
Strange about homelink. My 2012 Focus even has something like that!
Rain sensing wipers are on the OB only. Handy in the PNW (we have a bit of rain here) but not critical.

OP
OP
Bdub

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My guess is that the missing options on the FE are an oversight on Fords part. The FE should have everything that's on the Badlands + Badlands package plus more.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
OK, I am pulling the plug on the First Edition, going to Badlands + Badlands, 235/65R17 tires, tow package, cargo management system.

I'm really glad for this forum to help in thinking through this. Ford has not exactly made it easy or clear. But I think this gives all the options that matter for $1200 less.

I expect my dealer won't be happy to have to do the rework but...

Thank you all.

chaseAbronco

Badlands
First Name
chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
OK, I am pulling the plug on the First Edition, going to Badlands + Badlands, 235/65R17 tires, tow package, cargo management system.

I'm really glad for this forum to help in thinking through this. Ford has not exactly made it easy or clear. But I think this gives all the options that matter for $1200 less.

I expect my dealer won't be happy to have to do the rework but...

Thank you all.
Good for you..
From earlier....Definitely considering changing from FE to a loaded Badlands...appears I can get Pilot Assist 2.0 with adaptive cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?

Question is really need BL package? ....save some even more mulla ? I think FE wheels, decals worth $800, can live without Pilot Assist 2.0....but would consider saving ~$1600 with a Badlands + Badlands if didn't opt for Pilot Assist or save even more without a BL package.

Fe ~$40k
BL no BL ~$36k. (still got wheels, tow package, cargo management, splash guards, cargo mat)

Provided what's included in BL package....luxury is nice, my top items, leather wrapped steering wheel, speakers, moonroof.... could live with cloth seats and not having these items however....but for 2.5 k more can be quite a bit happy....1.5 more and happy in style. That's what it comes down to...that and if I can convince GF style she'll be quite comfortable haha

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread badlands

Last edited:

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Good for you..
From earlier....Definitely considering changing from FE to a loaded Badlands...appears I can get Pilot Assist 2.0 with adaptive cruise control for ~$800 less with more paint options... only missing FE decals, unique grille, wheels, and windshield wiper de-icer... oh, and navy pier vs the brown leather....worth it?

Question is really need BL package? ....save some even more mulla ? I think FE wheels, decals worth $800, can live without Pilot Assist 2.0....but would consider saving ~$1600 with a Badlands + Badlands if didn't opt for Pilot Assist or save even more without a BL package.

Fe ~$40k
BL no BL ~$36k. (still got wheels, tow package, cargo management, splash guards, cargo mat)

Provided what's included in BL package....luxury is nice, my top items, leather wrapped steering wheel, speakers, moonroof.... could live with cloth seats and not having these items however....but for 2.5 k more can be quite a bit happy....1.5 more and happy in style. That's what it comes down to...that and if I can convince GF style she'll be quite comfortable haha

Ford Bronco Sport FIRST EDITION Thread badlands
The way I see it... the power seats, better radio, dual zone temps (wife uses it all the time) and the reverse sensing are what I'm really paying for there. Wireless charging is a nice one too.

While there is stuff there I'd like to opt out of, mainly moonroof and heated steering wheel (really? who needs this? if anything I want mine cooled), the overall package is a good one.

The other benefit for us is there won't be a myriad of bad combos on dealer lots. You either get the base, or get it loaded, either with tow or not.

That should give us better selection on dealer lots, as you won't have the color you want in some weird configuration. Able to haggle better that way too.
Sponsored