Finally the dealers markups are being dealt with....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I didn’t see anything in the list about dealer markups. I think this has more to do with advertising for one price and selling for a higher one. I don’t believe the government can mandate pricing, only that sellers abide their agreements and advertised prices.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I didn’t see anything in the list about dealer markups. I think this has more to do with advertising for one price and selling for a higher one. I don’t believe the government can mandate pricing, only that sellers abide their agreements and advertised prices.

Yea, me neither.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
They charge all that the market will bear.
This new breed of people that simply must have it now and the ones who will do almost anything to own the latest new toy.
This generation just cannot fathom the fact that WE the PEOPLE !
Are in total control. All we have to do is not pay the inflated price.
All that the market will stand for.
All that the consumer will stand for.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This generation...
I agree with the theme of your post, but I don't believe it's a generational problem. There have always been people throughout human history who prefer to be taken care of rather than take care of themselves; who prefer to be told what to do rather than decide for themselves. These attitudes directly led to the greatest tragedies of the 20th Century.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
In my opinion this is not a generation thing, though as we get older we do like to call out the youths!

As evidence to support my opinion, I give the the Pet Rock from the 70's and Cabbage Patch dolls from the 80's. I imagine there are many other things that could be called out.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
I find it funny when I see a BS BL online for like 48k and it literally is just the base model BL or even a lower trim for similar price. My fully loaded BL Sticker isn't even that high lol.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not tack on dealer fees (other than the $175 documentation fee) beyond the advertised price
Interpretation on my end? I'd say if they advertise it has to be transparent at this point and someone turning the ad over to FMoCo might have a case...if they have an ad for MSRP (note it also mentioned "Brooklyn MSRP being banned) and they charge X over the ad...that's what they were violating.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
In my opinion this is not a generation thing, though as we get older we do like to call out the youths!

As evidence to support my opinion, I give the the Pet Rock from the 70's and Cabbage Patch dolls from the 80's. I imagine there are many other things that could be called out.
Hey...

Ford Bronco Sport Finally the dealers markups are being dealt with.... Asset_Get-Off-My-Lawn-300x200

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
A few of my favorite truths :
Ya kain’t fix stupid,
And there’s a sucker born every minute !
Most companies, not all and most salesmen hold these truths to be self evident.
“Self Evident : not needing to be demonstrated or explained; obvious.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I traded-in for a BS BB that was on the dealers lot. The first price he threw at me was $49,998 that included the $7,500 "market adjustment" and a $7K "protection package". I said "no thank you" and asked for my car key back (they evaluated my trade). I had to listen to three different sales guys for over two hours before they "found" my key. I finally got out of there... The next day they called me in and offered me the car for the $36,195 MSRP, but took $2K off my trade value to make the deal. Even for that deal, I could sell the car to CarMax and make some money! Pricing is crazy out there!

I refused the extra coverage packages... Two weeks later, they're still calling and emailing me asking me to reconsider paying the extra $7K.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
A long time ago a dealer pulled variation of the car key thing on my best friend. Said the used car manager went home with his truck and they couldn't get in touch with him. This was long before cell phones.

I reached down and dialed 911 and told the operator we needed the police to report a stolen vehicle.

Instantly the sales manager says something like "oh here's your keys, I guess he didn't take your truck."

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I traded-in for a BS BB that was on the dealers lot. The first price he threw at me was $49,998 that included the $7,500 "market adjustment" and a $7K "protection package". I said "no thank you" and asked for my car key back (they evaluated my trade). I had to listen to three different sales guys for over two hours before they "found" my key. I finally got out of there... The next day they called me in and offered me the car for the $36,195 MSRP, but took $2K off my trade value to make the deal. Even for that deal, I could sell the car to CarMax and make some money! Pricing is crazy out there!

I refused the extra coverage packages... Two weeks later, they're still calling and emailing me asking me to reconsider paying the extra $7K.
Golf Mill Ford??

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
Yep... Golf Mill Ford in Niles, Illinois. I'll never buy from them again... Ford Dealers are like McDonalds around here; There's one every few miles down the road.
Sponsored