Favorite Ecoboost Motor Oil

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Oil threads seem to always take the path of a cluster f***, obviously everyone has an opinion on what they think is best for some reason or another, and someone always has a buddy that blew up an engine using oil XXX, why bother. Just choose an oil that meets Fords requirements and call it a day.
We always hear things like “pappy always used Pennzoil and did a hip thrust while closing the hood after the oil change. Never got less than 200k from his motors.” Has anybody ever heard about a specific oil not working well?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Timsvtgen1

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
We always hear things like “pappy always used Pennzoil and did a hip thrust while closing the hood after the oil change. Never got less than 200k from his motors.” Has anybody ever heard about a specific oil not working well?
Sorta, It was well known and more than 30 years ago and has nothing to do with anything today; However Pennsylvania oils were knows to be waxy (Quaker state , Pennzoil) These oils left waxy nasty residue on all internals of an engine after continuous usage.

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
I always use Valvoline Full Synthetic 5w-30 at our Valvoline Express Care in Lebanon, MO. I drive in and never have to leave my vehicle. I'm in and out and 10 minutes and they are full service. They will replace air filter if dirty, fill washer fluid, clean my windshield, rotate the tires, etc. They are awesome. Yesterday when I had it changed on my BL though, I guess Ford used Lock-Tite on the bolts holding on the skid plates and I could hear the guy in the pit cursing up a storm. The manager was like, "You have a lot of heavy duty skid plates under the vehicle." I told her that is what I bought the Badlands for, because it is the dedicated off-roader of the Sport lineup. She then said, "I think they will do just fine when you get where you want to go." Lol!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I always use Valvoline Full Synthetic 5w-30 at our Valvoline Express Care in Lebanon, MO. I drive in and never have to leave my vehicle. I'm in and out and 10 minutes and they are full service. They will replace air filter if dirty, fill washer fluid, clean my windshield, rotate the tires, etc. They are awesome. Yesterday when I had it changed on my BL though, I guess Ford used Lock-Tite on the bolts holding on the skid plates and I could hear the guy in the pit cursing up a storm. The manager was like, "You have a lot of heavy duty skid plates under the vehicle." I told her that is what I bought the Badlands for, because it is the dedicated off-roader of the Sport lineup. She then said, "I think they will do just fine when you get where you want to go." Lol!
My skidplate came off pretty easily at home thankfully. My last vehicle had one as well, and it sat very low, so I always took it to the local valvoline for the same reasons you mentioned. The last oil change I had, they didn't work from the pit, they pumped it out from the top of the engine...craziest thing I've seen. I've never had it done that way.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Mobil 1 or Kirkland full synthetic

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
My skidplate came off pretty easily at home thankfully. My last vehicle had one as well, and it sat very low, so I always took it to the local valvoline for the same reasons you mentioned. The last oil change I had, they didn't work from the pit, they pumped it out from the top of the engine...craziest thing I've seen. I've never had it done that way.
That is really odd and to be honest, I've never heard or seen anywhere do that before. I wonder how well that removes all of the old oil. I would have been like, "What kind of sorcery is this?!?!"

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That is really odd and to be honest, I've never heard or seen anywhere do that before. I wonder how well that removes all of the old oil. I would have been like, "What kind of sorcery is this?!?!"
Yeah I felt the same way, but it was a lease and my last oil change ...shrugged my shoulders and just went with it. I could see the oil coming out and dumping into a canister.

hodada

Big Bend
First Name
hoda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maxima
Adinol Company was established in 1936 and in 2000, the company's production line was transferred to the Leuna Protected Chemical-Industrial Zone with state-of-the-art equipment. Adinol products are now available in more than 150 countries on all continents. All ADDINOL products are approved by the world's largest and most reputable automakers, including BMW, Mercedes Benz, VW, Audi, Porsche, GM, Ford, Renault and…. For the products of this company only in the field of automotive lubricants, more than 200 approvals have been registered by these companies.
https://revitakhodro.com/brand/addinol/

R. Bird

Outer Banks
First Name
Marvin Martian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 OB+OB, 360+, Tow Pkg. (2021)
Personally... I'm not as young as I used to be, and do not have a garage. I will be taking mine to the dealership to have it done. Yes I pass sever "Quickie Lubes" on the way... But, like @Osco said, "Twice a year I will give FORD $39 every 5k. This is cheap insurance.". so... If they screw something up, It's already there to be fixed! :crackup:

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
If you owned a Boat with inboard or I/O motors , its the only way to change the Oil , cant get a catch container under the motor's . Changed it that way with a Battery operated drill motor driven Pump on my Boats , one had two engines . seemed to work just fine , changed the Filter as normal , you can get a catch container under it .

A side note , when I first changed to full Synthetic oil in the Boats , I got higher RPMs @ WOT ( wide open throttle )& I used stainless steel Props & always kept them clean .
Sponsored