Fast clicking turn signal

LoveIsLife

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Big Bend
I appreciate Ford being here as well.
I too appreciate it. I’d made a post earlier this week about my “service engine soon” light coming on regarding power train failure/reduced power, only 500 miles in on my BS. Friday on that post I had a Ford rep ask for me to DM them with additional info. Saturday morning I had a rep calling me to follow up, said they would contact the dealership my Sport was at on Monday to see what was going on with it and gave me their email and direct extension if I had any questions. I appreciated the gesture, it was more than what they had to do.
Sponsored

Black Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2009 F250, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Getting back to the original issue....now my 2021 OB right signal indicator is rapidly but both front and rear signals are functioning properly and flashing at normal rate....weird.
SOLVED!!! While it wasn't anything to do with the turn signal, the rear center taillight/brake light 3157 brake portion of the bulb was toast. New bulb, step on brakes now everything works, signal indicator back to normal rate. Apparently all these bulbs have failure indicators that report via the turn signal indicator rapid flash.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
SOLVED!!! While it wasn't anything to do with the turn signal, the rear center taillight/brake light 3157 brake portion of the bulb was toast. New bulb, step on brakes now everything works, signal indicator back to normal rate. Apparently all these bulbs have failure indicators that report via the turn signal indicator rapid flash.
Wait, the rear center 3rd brake light is a regular bulb?

I thought that was an LED strip?

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150

Palpatine28

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
@OP. Did you ever get this resolved? My blinker is fast clicking and my directional lights are currently working perfectly fine.

Palpatine28

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had the same problem as the OP. I ended up having exactly the same result and the bulb was replaced and now it’s fine. Thank for everyone’s help.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Thank you. Just checked. My right turn signal on my 2021 BS with 17,000+ miles started doing this on the drive to work this morning. Checked at work and outside front and rear working and flashing at normal rate. Searched the forum. Placed a boot on brake pedal when parked in driveway when I got home. Sure thing...right rear center brake light out. Will replace it myself rather than waste time at dealer. Thank you!

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
My left turn signal has started double-timing clicks. The lights are flashing normally, but the clicking is going twice as fast. ???
Any ideas?
As mentioned below, a bad bulb most likely. It's a good excuse to upgrade to LEDs, you'll be glad you did.

Paesano

Big Bend
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So to confirm, the fast blinker is just indicating some light on that side of the vehicle is bad?
I had the same issue and it also was that center bulb on the right. Made me wonder how a brake light would set off the fast blinker!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My left turn signal has started double-timing clicks. The lights are flashing normally, but the clicking is going twice as fast. ???
Any ideas?
When I had the hyper flash issue, it was the brake light bulb that was bad.

The tail light assembly can be a little tricky to remove, a bit of patience is required for removal and re-installation.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Somewhere
So to confirm, the fast blinker is just indicating some light on that side of the vehicle is bad?
I had the same issue and it also was that center bulb on the right. Made me wonder how a brake light would set off the fast blinker!
Somewhere the blinkers are controlled with a capacitor. The capacitor eats up electric current and then releases it when it is full. Bulbs are an electrical resistor. When a bulb is out it alters the resistance of the circuit, less juice is used and the capacitor can fill and empty at a faster rate. Sometimes something else can alter the circuit current or resistance like a bad ground connection or a low battery but the bulb is the first thing to check.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
My wife has a '21 Ford Ecosport. I wanted to upgrade with LED bulbs. I did the headlights, high beams, and fog lights. I read many stories about hyper-flashing, so I didn't do the turn signals. I did put LEDS in the tail/brake lights. Everything works fine until I hit the brakes while turning. The blinkers work fine until I hit the brakes. Then the indicator starts hyper-flashing. The actual lights are working correctly, but the dash indicator hyper-flashes. All the exterior lights are working correctly, and nothing appears to be burned out.

Paesano

Big Bend
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Somewhere

Somewhere the blinkers are controlled with a capacitor. The capacitor eats up electric current and then releases it when it is full. Bulbs are an electrical resistor. When a bulb is out it alters the resistance of the circuit, less juice is used and the capacitor can fill and empty at a faster rate. Sometimes something else can alter the circuit current or resistance like a bad ground connection or a low battery but the bulb is the first thing to check.
Thanks for the info. I was just confused that a brake light was causing the blinker to go into fast mode. Still does not make a lot of sense as I was thinking brake lighting system and blink lighting system were independent but apparently they are not.
Sponsored