Fast clicking turn signal

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For anyone reading this, I said on another thread I was going to try to collect data on whether/how much assistance FoMoCo actually provides other forum users. I sent a message (via the Contact Us form) to the forum owner asking if it would be acceptable to set up a poll requesting that information from forum users, but I received no response. I don't know if that means they are busy (it's been a couple of weeks) or they don't want to annoy what I assume is a paying sponsor.

At any rate, we have two users who've responded on this thread that FoMoCo helped with their issues. I suspected that FoMoCo would not post here offering to help people if it had no intention of doing so, but this is the first evidence I've seen that it actually does.

I think it would be really helpful if everyone contacted here on the forum by Ford posted a follow-up on their experience.
I get what you are saying...but, what's the point? It's a luxury to have a Ford rep here to offer messaging as a form of troubleshooting and resolution. If folks want to add their experience, great.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I get what you are saying...but, what's the point? It's a luxury to have a Ford rep here to offer messaging as a form of troubleshooting and resolution. If folks want to add their experience, great.
The point is some believe FoMoCo's participation on the forum is eyewash. It would be nice to have data so we have something to go on other than opinion.

Last edited:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
The point is some believe FoMoCo's participation on the forum is eyewash. It would be nice to have data so we have something to go on other than opinion.
Yes, I agree. If FoMoCo is here only to make it look like they are doing something, then it gives a false sense of security when they ask for information. I can see where people would assume something is being done because the Ford rep reached out. If they are truly helping, fantastic. There doesn’t seem to be much evidence of it. Not saying they aren’t helping but expectations need to be in check.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes, I agree. If FoMoCo is here only to make it look like they are doing something, then it gives a false sense of security when they ask for information. I can see where people would assume something is being done because the Ford rep reached out. If they are truly helping, fantastic. There doesn’t seem to be much evidence of it. Not saying they aren’t helping but expectations need to be in check.
Don't ask...then it's impossible for them to disappoint.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't ask...then it's impossible for them to disappoint.
You seem to be doing a lot of defensive posts when I believe we are just trying to understand what exactly the FoMoCo rep is doing. Anyone that has been here for more than a couple of days has probably read multiple posts from them but have seen very little (if any) acknowledgement of any outcome from those messages. This is a pretty friendly group and I would have expected to see a thread with messages thanking the FoMoCo rep for helping. If that exists, I haven’t seen it.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
… This is a pretty friendly group and I would have expected to see a thread with messages thanking the FoMoCo rep for helping. If that exists, I haven’t seen it.
As one who appreciated and posted on my experience, it never occurred to me to start a FomoCo Rep is great thread. If you don’t need their support don’t use it. Those of us reading this thread about turn signals that has nothing to do with the Ford Rep but appreciate the attention know it works. I gotta tell you, this is a silly thread to pick to discuss this.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You seem to be doing a lot of defensive posts when I believe we are just trying to understand what exactly the FoMoCo rep is doing. Anyone that has been here for more than a couple of days has probably read multiple posts from them but have seen very little (if any) acknowledgement of any outcome from those messages. This is a pretty friendly group and I would have expected to see a thread with messages thanking the FoMoCo rep for helping. If that exists, I haven’t seen it.
Whaddaya want? FoMoCo to update you with all the complaint resolutions? Whole thing reeks of entitlement. I doubt even Ferrari gives 1 on 1 personal service to buyers. It's a media rep behind the keyboard, not an engineer. There's two anecdotes on the first page that say the rep helped. If you need more evidence, I guess develop an issue and request help from them? I'm happy enough not needing to contact and escalate an issue.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Whaddaya want? FoMoCo to update you with all the complaint resolutions? Whole thing reeks of entitlement. I doubt even Ferrari gives 1 on 1 personal service to buyers. It's a media rep behind the keyboard, not an engineer. There's two anecdotes on the first page that say the rep helped. If you need more evidence, I guess develop an issue and request help from them? I'm happy enough not needing to contact and escalate an issue.
I've picked the easiest path...ignore button...now I don't see the entitled opinions.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As one who appreciated and posted on my experience, it never occurred to me to start a FomoCo Rep is great thread. If you don’t need their support don’t use it. Those of us reading this thread about turn signals that has nothing to do with the Ford Rep but appreciate the attention know it works. I gotta tell you, this is a silly thread to pick to discuss this.
Agreed that this thread has been hijacked by what I thought was a simple discussion to start with.

Fordphanatic

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 platinum F150
In my case I responded with additional information. Next thing I received an email from Ford asking if I had gone to my dealer for my low battery/remote features turned off issue. my case was transferred to a new handler and they called to let me know. I told them I was diagnosing this myself and would go to the dealer when I knew more. They said that’s fine, added my notes to their file, and now I have a case # so this is documented and can be tracked.

I found the whole process to be a great service.
I could not agree more. I had a rep reach out on sister f150 site and yes they did escalate my issue and did help to get my problem resolved. Was it overnight NO...but they did call the dealership and follow up to make sure I was Happy.

Fordphanatic

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 platinum F150
It doesnt matter what some people think. These same people would be more then Happy for Ford to reach out to help them if they had a issue with their new vehicle. I for one am greatful Ford cares enough to have someone follow these forums. Yes Im sure its a marketing intern but that doesnt matter. They can get your problem and info to the right people that can help you.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Personally, I like Ford's presence on the board in spite of the fact that I've never used them and probably never will.

Some people would bitch if you hanged them with a new rope...

Black Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2009 F250, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Getting back to the original issue....now my 2021 OB right signal indicator is rapidly but both front and rear signals are functioning properly and flashing at normal rate....weird.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Personally, I like Ford's presence on the board in spite of the fact that I've never used them and probably never will.
I appreciate Ford being here as well.