BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This might sound silly, but how do I run just "Fan Only" ...air from the outside?
I can imagine (and did so) to have temperature control ON but temperature turned all the way down to "LOW".
It seems to work but seems abnormally cold and the air conditioning LED comes on ...?
Nothing is set to "Auto" ... just temp control "ON" and turned all the way down to "LOW"
Can anyone enlighten me or confirm?
(yeah ... I know ... open the window ... ;))

Thanks

Bronco Sport Outer Banks 2024

Ford Bronco Sport Fan Only (Outside Air) 2024-Bronco-May5_0005 copy
Sponsored

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've tried fiddling with this as I used the option on my previous cars to simply blow outside air in. I do not think it is an option on this vehicle. It either uses heat or A/C to maintain whatever temperature you select. "LO" just sets the A/C to the lowest temperature setting.

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have been wondering this also. Sometimes I have noticed when I have the blower on and the "A/C" indicator light is not lit that the air coming out the vents is definitely a lot colder and less humid that the outside air.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Well ... open the window :cool:
The main concern / benefit would be to get some fresh air without the window / wind noise
If you just place the system in Auto you will be getting mostly outside air conditioned to the selected temperature. You can set the system to recirc for brief periods of time, but unless you select MAX it will not remain in recirc mode.

TNFurb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I thought i was doing this by making sure to hit the AC button to turn AC off (not lit) then hitting the fan speed buttons to my desired fan speed. This seemed to turn off all of the auto stuff and was letting outside air come in. Maybe I’m wrong and it was still being conditioned at some level, but it definitely wasnt cold like it is when AC is on.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I thought i was doing this by making sure to hit the AC button to turn AC off (not lit) then hitting the fan speed buttons to my desired fan speed. This seemed to turn off all of the auto stuff and was letting outside air come in. Maybe I’m wrong and it was still being conditioned at some level, but it definitely wasnt cold like it is when AC is on.
Mine isn’t cold (initially) under those conditions but not for long. As the inside temp rises (often is well over 90°F here), the cold air comes on but the AC LED isn’t on, meanwhile recirc is off and hot outside air is mixed in.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
It may be tied to humidity. I've never had an issue here in NM.