ROADTRIP

Big Bend
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone else received a false alert. Just received a precollision alert driving 76mph at 6:43am. I was the only one on the road at the time on my way to work. It didn't decelerate it just beeped violently. Anyone else have this issue? It did not do it on the way home.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
We the old timers have talked about this before.
I asked my service writer at Ford. Ice or frost on the side view mirrors blocks the censors and you get the collision warning.
I bought the Frost guard, windshield and mirror cover system for winter, google it or use search in this forum.
I never have it happen anymore.
Careful scraping the mirrors as they can be damaged.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
False alarms happen...there's a curved neighborhood street that I drive frequently and it thinks I'm about to crash into a parked car. There have been 2-3 alerts in 16,000 miles that had no visible cause.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
We the old timers have talked about this before.
I asked my service writer at Ford. Ice or frost on the side view mirrors blocks the censors and you get the collision warning.
I bought the Frost guard, windshield and mirror cover system for winter, google it or use search in this forum.
I never have it happen anymore.
Careful scraping the mirrors as they can be damaged.
The pre collision system uses the camera above the rear view mirror. I don't believe there are any sensors in the mirrors that are involved with it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
The pre collision system uses the camera above the rear view mirror. I don't believe there are any sensors in the mirrors that are involved with it.
I prefer to believe my Ford Service writer as my false notifications stopped when I kept my mirrors clear and continued to occur when I cleared just the windshield.
I think, it’s been quite some time now since this issue has bothered me.
Had mine through two winters now. Purchased in Dec 2020

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I got truly false positives maybe only once. But the system gets tripped almost weekly. Like when the car in front of you slows down for a turn and you don't brake knowing they'll move out of the way soon.

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Mine has done the same thing twice and there was no one ahead of me on the road.

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Just here to add that I just got one of these false collision warnings for the first time, after 2650 miles or so of driving on my '22 Bronco Sport Badlands.

It was a sunny day, about 95 degrees outside, and I was traveling about 40MPH on a straight piece of road with only a couple of cars at least 4-5 car lengths ahead of me.

Made absolutely no sense, and I initially assumed the computer must have crashed or glitched, but the alert went back off after a few seconds and everything worked normally after that.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I think mine has gone off once without knowing why. Wonder if a bird flying across close to your front would set it off, or a 🐢 crossing the road🤔
Sponsored