Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Thanks for the pics. Mine is a cactus gray BL too, so this really helps me see what they'll look like. Are you on stock suspension or lifted?
Stock. They look awesome. Drives great.

ArtMonster88

Big Bend
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am getting a set of the KO2s installed tomorrow and I went with the stock 225 size, that's all I need. I wanted a tire that is good in snow and could handle a trail now and then. After the last snow storm we got here in Michigan, the stock conti's were terrible on unplowed roads with 8+ inches of snow.
have you posted pics of how this looks? I’m thinking of doing the same KO2 always looks aggressive

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I like the way 245 looks but I only have 1.5L won’t it kill my MPG?
Depends on the tire. You have to take into consideration the weight of the tires you are considering. They aren’t the same.

ArtMonster88

Big Bend
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Depends on the tire. You have to take into consideration the weight of the tires you are considering. They aren’t the same.
I noticed the KO2 are the heaviest but if I also went with bigger size I also have to do the lift kit right?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I noticed the KO2 are the heaviest but if I also went with bigger size I also have to do the lift kit right?
Just search the forums. There are plenty who have 245/65r/17 and no lift and aren’t driving a Badlands. Does losing a couple mpg matter to you? If it does then you need to weigh all options. Are you putting tires on your BS for looks or performance? Do you need better performance in rain, or mud, or sand, or etc. What matters most to you?

ArtMonster88

Big Bend
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Occasional mud, rain, and ice mostly sand where I live. The look is awesome but if it’s just a better tire to have that extra height I wouldn’t be opposed to it if it keeps me in the 20-25 MPG range

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Read tire reviews. They are all good and will be fine. KO2 definitely looks more aggressive. I went with Toyos because of the rain for where I drive the most.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The Wildpeaks are better than the KO2s in the snow. Still better than the oem. I’ve run both. Adding good amount of weight regardless.
The oem 225/65/17 are 25lbs
KO2 at 225/65/17 are 39lbs-8 ply
KO2 at 245/65/17 are 44lbs-8 ply
AT3 at 245/65/17 are 37lbs-6 ply

OP
OP
SnowReaper

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I like the way 245 looks but I only have 1.5L won’t it kill my MPG?
I had the bfg’s and Returned them, they are super heavy, killed the gas mileage, tons of road noise and didn’t have very good wet traction.
I went to the 245 65 17 Falkens and I’ve had for almost a year now, no issues with rubbing, Great in wet and winter conditions minimal road noise and minimal mpg affects averaging about 26mpg

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I had the bfg’s and Returned them, they are super heavy, killed the gas mileage, tons of road noise and didn’t have very good wet traction.
I went to the 245 65 17 Falkens and I’ve had for almost a year now, no issues with rubbing, Great in wet and winter conditions minimal road noise and minimal mpg affects averaging about 26mpg
This is the kind of tire review I find very helpful. You are not comparing worn out brand A tires to new brand B tires and you are doing it on the same car!!!!!

Where did you buy the tires and did you get a full refund/credit toward the new tires?

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Update on my Falken AT3W’s 245/65/17 Big Bend. With the weather warming up my mileage is consistently at 28mpg hand calculated, 30-31 on the dash.

Edit: Most recent tank of gas I was able to get 29mpg. 30 is my goal before my full-size Bronco comes in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SnowReaper

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This is the kind of tire review I find very helpful. You are not comparing worn out brand A tires to new brand B tires and you are doing it on the same car!!!!!

Where did you buy the tires and did you get a full refund/credit toward the new tires?
Yes I I actually tried 3 sets of tires. All from “discount tires” bfg and Faulkens have a 30day guarantee on them regardless of reasons.
- 1st set was the bfg ko2 in 245/65/17- loved the look, hated the mileage drop, road noise and hydroplaning in heavy rain
- 2nd set was the Faulken at3w is the 235/65/17 loved the gas mileage, didn’t like the less aggressive look on the 235 vs 245 ( and yes it’s a big difference in person on the exact same tire with only 1 size up) also being only a 4ply I wanted something a little stronger and that would give me a little more clearance as I’m in the snow a lot.
- 3rd set and the keeper for about a year now was the Faulkens 245/65/17. They still get great gas mileage (average about 26mpg right now) , give you about a 1” lift from factory size. Have the “look” I wanted and most importantly the performance in wet and snow.. plus they have a long mileage warranty and are a 6ply tire with no issues for clearance or the 1.5L engine.
Sponsored