dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
The factory tires are actually not fine just for even regular driving. I noticed some hydroplaning and sliding within the first 2-3 months. And now at 15,000 miles they are almost bald. Haven't had the vehicle even a year and I already need new tires, and that's with tire rotation as well.
What trim BS do you have? Are you talking about the tires that came with the BS or the Falken's?
Sponsored

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
What trim BS do you have? Are you talking about the tires that came with the BS or the Falken's?
Probably talking about the Scorpion ATRs.

I get it's an OE tire, but it's really not an all-terrain. I've seen them OE on F150s and those have a deeper tread pattern than the ones that come on the BS.

DavidJo3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Badlands. These are the Pirelli OEM tires. I thought with an upper trim they would have had better tires. Already bought new ones to install in a few days. I can't wait for Ford to maybe consider giving a pro-rated discount when winter is already here. Bummer. I like everything else about the Bronco Sport.

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The optional OE tire would be the Wildpeak AT3w, part# 59000690. Load rating of 104, H speed rating, coming in at 29" OD, 9.5" sidewall to sidewall (footprint at 6.6").

The AT trails in the same size is the run of the mill, which will look pretty much what we market on our website (tread design may slighty differ between sizes within the line for noise reduction purposes). Part# 28712790
Question for Falken: is there a significant difference in road noise between the AT’s and the AT3w’s? (Wish i had chosen the upgrade on my BL order - but it arrived with the unimpressive 225 Pirelli Scorpion AT’s which they don’t look capable of the off-roading I intend to do.) But i will also have plenty of pavement miles and sound levels matter. Thanks for your input.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op, pretty darn well works until things get dicey.
The outer edge of an At, Any AT’s performance is farther out than most any all season tire.
My Bronco Sport helps me stay out of trouble so we’ll Iwant to make sure I help my baby as much as possible. :’P
Imagine All seasons on those One wheel drive Subaru’s …

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Question for Falken: is there a significant difference in road noise between the AT’s and the AT3w’s? (Wish i had chosen the upgrade on my BL order - but it arrived with the unimpressive 225 Pirelli Scorpion AT’s which they don’t look capable of the off-roading I intend to do.) But i will also have plenty of pavement miles and sound levels matter. Thanks for your input.
I agonized between Falken A/T and AT3w. Went from 225 Pirellis to 225 Falken A/T. They ride just as quiet as OEMs. Honestly, I hadn't noticed any difference in the ride quality. I'm pleased. HTH.

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Noise is really subjective between users. Between the AT Trail and AT3w, typically the AT trail would be quieter as the voids are less than the AT3w, assuming we are comparing it in a 225/65R17 size. Think of it this way. The AT Trail is a beefed up all-season tire with off road capabilities, durability & longer expected tread life; the AT3w is truck based all terrain tire that is more notchy, heavy, and a bit stiffer than the AT trail. Both will have a two ply sidewall but the AT Trail will be lighter. Though, I have seen people use the AT3w with no issue or complaints.

If you are doing more street driving, the AT trail would be suitable. If you are doing a bit more off-roadings, the AT3w would be your best bet.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
...the AT3w is truck based all terrain tire that is more notchy, heavy, and a bit stiffer than the AT trail.
Both will have a two ply sidewall but the AT Trail will be lighter.
According to the specs given on your website, the AT Trail in a 235/65R17 is 35.1 lbs. The AT3w in the same size is 31.1 lbs. The AT Trails are heavier.

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
According to the specs given on your website, the AT Trail in a 235/65R17 is 35.1 lbs. The AT3w in the same size is 31.1 lbs. The AT Trails are heavier.

I was basing @Blakes post of a 225/65R17. AT trail is 30lbs compared to 33.7 or 34lbs on the At3w.

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I was basing @Blakes post of a 225/65R17. AT trail is 30lbs compared to 33.7 or 34lbs on the At3w.
Thanks very much - very helpful! I’m looking to upsize a little to the 235’s assuming that wouldn’t change the noise calculation/difference. Thanks again.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
I know the cool thing is to put bigger more all terrain tires on the Baby Bronco, but so far I'm happy with the performance of the stock Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires. Currently, my wife commutes about 300 miles a week, and these tires do good on mileage and have also done very well during wet and snowy conditions.

I have no plans to take this thing extreme off-roading, and so far these tires have had no issues owning any dirty, wet or snowy mountain road I've thrown at it. They might not look as beefy as some of the alternatives, but they work great for our current needs.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
Hey Falken QA, We've been running Falken All-Season tires on our 2012 AWD Nissan Rogue for years and they've never let us down. Even with it's goofy 18" 55 series tires we've been able to make it home through all sorts of stormy and snowy conditions. :)

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
Thanks very much - very helpful! I’m looking to upsize a little to the 235’s assuming that wouldn’t change the noise calculation/difference. Thanks again.
if moving into the 235s, keep @M3H7363 facts in mind. The 235 wildpeak At3w will be the OE/optional tire for the Bronco Sport (different design than the non-OE wildpeak AT3w), so noise will probably be less than the AT trail, as it met Ford's criteria.

Hey Falken QA, We've been running Falken All-Season tires on our 2012 AWD Nissan Rogue for years and they've never let us down. Even with it's goofy 18" 55 series tires we've been able to make it home through all sorts of stormy and snowy conditions. :)
Thank you for the support & feedback

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
if moving into the 235s, keep @M3H7363 facts in mind. The 235 wildpeak At3w will be the OE/optional tire for the Bronco Sport (different design than the non-OE wildpeak AT3w), so noise will probably be less than the AT trail, as it met Ford's criteria.

Thank you for the support & feedback
For Falken QA

So you said the AT3 OE/optional tire is different then the non-OE (if I bought them from a tire dealer like Discount Tire?) If they are, in what way do they differ?

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
For Falken QA

So you said the AT3 OE/optional tire is different then the non-OE (if I bought them from a tire dealer like Discount Tire?) If they are, in what way do they differ?
It boils down to tread design. The 235s AT3w/OE version has a less aggressive tread design, standard load (4 ply tread, 2 ply sidewall) lighter, and has a softer compound.

The 245s AT3w (off the shelf) has the more aggressive tread design (as pictured on our website), extra load (5 ply tread, 2 ply sidewall), and a harder compound.
Sponsored