Bronco2.7

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 civic CRV
Um... She drove on a dirt road... No AT tires needed for that drive unless you run into bad weather and need more grip or ability to deal with mud. If that represents your typical driving usage, then you probably will be just fine with some reasonably good A/S tires. The stock Michelins are decent, I'd run them out and then get something a bit better. That said, the Falken AT3W are not terribly aggressive for off-road/AT tires and ride nice and quiet on pavement. I'm anxious to see how the Falkens do for winter driving. Not expecting performance like a dedicated winter tire, but I think they'll do alright.
Me too. I need something for snow and occasional ice. Upgraded my badlands build to the falken. I think they are a pretty good choice for all seasons and maybe some intermediate 4 wheeling. We shall see.
Sponsored

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It boils down to tread design. The 235s AT3w/OE version has a less aggressive tread design, standard load (4 ply tread, 2 ply sidewall) lighter, and has a softer compound.

The 245s AT3w (off the shelf) has the more aggressive tread design (as pictured on our website), extra load (5 ply tread, 2 ply sidewall), and a harder compound.
So does the OE 235 maintain aggressive side wall?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I would say no. It’s a more rounded edge. All depends on what you consider aggressive.
Ford Bronco Sport Factory OEM tires vs. Wildpeak A/T Trails vs AT3Ws - (Big Bend) B2EE1960-C7E2-4965-BDA0-F30C14999951

Falken QA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE
the sidewall itself will look similar to the regular, non-OE AT3w. This is due to the more conservative shoulder design of the 235/65 size in order to meet Ford's criteria (noise, handling, etc).

HuffDaddy

Big Bend
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Sport (daughter's), 66' Bronco Wagon
Thanks everyone. Great info. My daughter had blow out on a stock Continental (18k miles) so upgraded all 4 to the Wildpeaks. Difference seems subtle so far but they look and ride great. Seems like a good balance as far as safety, price, durability, etc. Seems like a great choice so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory OEM tires vs. Wildpeak A/T Trails vs AT3Ws - (Big Bend) IMG_5565

Ford Bronco Sport Factory OEM tires vs. Wildpeak A/T Trails vs AT3Ws - (Big Bend) IMG_5566

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks everyone. Great info. My daughter had blow out on a stock Continental (18k miles) so upgraded all 4 to the Wildpeaks. Difference seems subtle so far but they look and ride great. Seems like a good balance as far as safety, price, durability, etc. Seems like a great choice so far.

Ford Bronco Sport Factory OEM tires vs. Wildpeak A/T Trails vs AT3Ws - (Big Bend) IMG_5565

Ford Bronco Sport Factory OEM tires vs. Wildpeak A/T Trails vs AT3Ws - (Big Bend) IMG_5566
What size did you land on?

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@HuffDaddy great looking rig and just the right amount of rugged with the Falken brand. Would love to hear more of your personal reviews of the tire. Many forum members would find it helpful when making a decision on what tire to purchase. :thumbsup:

HuffDaddy

Big Bend
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Sport (daughter's), 66' Bronco Wagon
Looks like 235/65/17
No, stock size, 225/65/17. I expected a bigger cosmetic difference but it is growing on me. Just did them yesterday. My 19 year old daughter does some highway miles back and forth from college and I'm pretty safety conscious.
Sponsored