Extended Warranty Quote

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
I feel like paying for a extended warranty now while there is a 3 year bumper to bumper seems redundant. What are the benefits of buying it now as oppose to towards the end of the bumper to bumper?
It starts costing more as time and mileage goes by. Try some different time, mileage comparisons vs new.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
When I bought my BS they
Said I could come as late as the 36th month before my factory warranty expires and extend the warranty another 36 months and out to only 75k miles I think it was.
$ 2,000.00
Was told this price is set I could buy anytime before the factory warranty expires.
When I asked about the type most of you all are doing, you know, under a thousand, 100k, 150k miles.
He said those have limitations, not full coverage even tho they claimed bumper to bumper.
What gives ?

Last edited:

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I feel like paying for a extended warranty now while there is a 3 year bumper to bumper seems redundant. What are the benefits of buying it now as oppose to towards the end of the bumper to bumper?
If you purchase the warranty when the car is new, the price can be rolled into the loan and you’ll be able to spread out the cost over a greater period of time. Most dealerships will also offer a deal to get you to purchase the warranty early.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I am approaching the end of my 5 years on my Fusion Energi next month and have not used it. The only issue I had happened during the original warranty. I probably just jinxed it and will have an issue in March...lol.

Several years ago, I had an extended warranty on a Focus (bought used) and used it once when the ignition locked up, but still "lost" money on the extended warranty.
Most people will lose when purchasing an extended warranty.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
When I bought my BS they
Said I could come as late as the 36th month before my factory warranty expires and extend the warranty another 36 months and out to only 75k miles I think it was.
$ 2,000.00
Was told this price is set I could buy anytime before the factory warranty expires.
When I asked about the type most of you all are doing, you know, under a thousand, 100k, 150k miles.
He said those have limitations, not full coverage even tho they claimed bumper to bumper.
What gives ?
Having worked in the industry for many years, I’ll throw in my two cents:
1) Most people end up losing money purchasing an extended warranty
2) Extended warranties vary widely with what is covered vs what is not. Do your homework and read the fine print carefully.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Ford Bronco Sport Extended Warranty Quote D50F8040-A5B7-488E-990D-492B2E3A005D

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you purchase the warranty when the car is new, the price can be rolled into the loan and you’ll be able to spread out the cost over a greater period of time. Most dealerships will also offer a deal to get you to purchase the warranty early.
Yeah the dealer loves that. That way your paying interest on the added amount, cha ching...
Not this boy...

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having worked in the industry for many years, I’ll throw in my two cents:
1) Most people end up losing money purchasing an extended warranty
2) Extended warranties vary widely with what is covered vs what is not. Do your homework and read the fine print carefully.
They would not offer them unless there was profit to be made right !
I can afford a multi thousand dollar repair so I'll prolly play the odds and pass.
Five Ford's now. Never a single expensive repair before 160k miles.
I think I'm safe...

Midgiesbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Picked up our badlands/bl package with 360 Weds. I have never gotten an extended warranty,,,ironic since I do contract work for most of them but with all the tech on this I opted for Prem care, 8/125, 100 ded. and got it for 2200. I could have gotten same coverage from say CNA, Allstate or another for about 350 less but don't want the hassle down the road
Sponsored