Extended Warranty Quote

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm looking at extended warranties due to any Bronco Sport first model year teething problems. So far I've always came out ahead with extended warranties when I have gotten them. With all the electronics /gadgetry in the Badland + Badlands one glitch might pay for the warranty.

I received a quote from Lombard Ford, Barkhamsted, CT that was nearly half what my dealer quoted and was an actual Ford Protect EXP and not a third party plan like my dealer tried to sell me.

Here are examples of my quote ranges for my situation.

72 months/75000 mile Base Care plan with $200 deductible was $684

96 month/125000 mile Premium Plan with a $ 0 deductible was $2874

Lots of choices in between.

This link Here will bring you to their coverage and quote page. Your cost will be based obviously on the State you live in, vehicle and mileage.

I was told that the prices are expected to go up Jan 6th so if your going to take the gamble you might want to do it soon.
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm looking at extended warranties due to any Bronco Sport first model year teething problems. So far I've always came out ahead with extended warranties when I have gotten them. With all the electronics /gadgetry in the Badland + Badlands one glitch might pay for the warranty.

I received a quote from Lombard Ford, Barkhamsted, CT that was nearly half what my dealer quoted and was an actual Ford Protect EXP and not a third party plan like my dealer tried to sell me.
Another recommendation I received is Zeigler Ford in Michigan. I have not talked to them yet but I'm told, "They are great to work with... plus you get a quote online without having to talk to someone, but they are great with answering questions... See https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKKNsRj5tz2Fdsm199L6h3orBodXNbwdT_SMz-81PaGIrGHfZSh0d0caAoaaEALw_wcB "

OP
OP
Ultraspaz

Ultraspaz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Another recommendation I received is Zeigler Ford in Michigan. I have not talked to them yet but I'm told, "They are great to work with... plus you get a quote online without having to talk to someone, but they are great with answering questions... See https://www.zeiglerfordesp.com/default.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw7Nj5BRCZARIsABwxDKKNsRj5tz2Fdsm199L6h3orBodXNbwdT_SMz-81PaGIrGHfZSh0d0caAoaaEALw_wcB "
Just got a reply from Patti at Zeigler Ford. They will charge $100 over cost for an actual Ford Protect plan.

Examples of Quotes I received were :

72 month 75000 mile Bumper to Bumper with $100 deductible $1040

96 month/150000 mile bumper to bumper with $100 deductible $3520

Lots of variables in between to customize based on your needs, price and amount you drive.

Contact , Patti said I could relay her cell phone number 574 355 6554

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Here are examples of my quote ranges for my situation.

72 months/75000 mile Base Care plan with $200 deductible was $684

96 month/125000 mile Premium Plan with a $ 0 deductible was $2874

Lots of choices in between.

This link Here will bring you to their coverage and quote page. Your cost will be based obviously on the State you live in, vehicle and mileage.

I was told that the prices are expected to go up Jan 6th so if your going to take the gamble you might want to do it soon.

That is the case. When you get a quote on the website, you get this:

Annoucement From Ford!!!
On January 6th a new pricing guide will go into effect. Plan pricing will be going up. Pricing for the most popular plans will be going up significantly. We can only honor our current pricing until then.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
That is the case. When you get a quote on the website, you get this:

Annoucement From Ford!!!
On January 6th a new pricing guide will go into effect. Plan pricing will be going up. Pricing for the most popular plans will be going up significantly. We can only honor our current pricing until then.
Well that’s unfortunate for everyone that hasn’t gotten delivery yet.

wiyeti

Outer Banks
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Outer Banks
Looking at the comparisons, BaseCare and ExtraCare by comparison are almost the same, just a few extra components. I don't see much advantage to the ExtraCare. Curious for those who have purchased ESPs in the past, did you take advantage of the PremiumCare? I wand to purchase, maybe 5yr/100k and BaseCare covers the major mechanicals. I think that would suffice, but interested in opinions.

MiHusker

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Energi, Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Looking at the comparisons, BaseCare and ExtraCare by comparison are almost the same, just a few extra components. I don't see much advantage to the ExtraCare. Curious for those who have purchased ESPs in the past, did you take advantage of the PremiumCare? I wand to purchase, maybe 5yr/100k and BaseCare covers the major mechanicals. I think that would suffice, but interested in opinions.
I am approaching the end of my 5 years on my Fusion Energi next month and have not used it. The only issue I had happened during the original warranty. I probably just jinxed it and will have an issue in March...lol.

Several years ago, I had an extended warranty on a Focus (bought used) and used it once when the ignition locked up, but still "lost" money on the extended warranty.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
I am approaching the end of my 5 years on my Fusion Energi next month and have not used it. The only issue I had happened during the original warranty. I probably just jinxed it and will have an issue in March...lol.

Several years ago, I had an extended warranty on a Focus (bought used) and used it once when the ignition locked up, but still "lost" money on the extended warranty.
I got the extended warranty on my 2012 Focus and am so glad I did. I had the notorious problem with the transmission, having it serviced three times. It paid for itself. And I was part of the class action settlement against Ford for this issue so that was also helpful.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Flood Ford is another to check although I did not see the BS online yet.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Decided to get the extended warranty on my BS BL. Debated a lot but I plan on keeping it and using it a lot and for me the peace of mind for this cost was worth it. Went through my local dealer and got a 84 month (starting today), 150,000 mile, 0 Deductible for $2525. Haven't seen any cheaper than that and it was nice and easy and covers pretty much everything except for your normal wear and tear items.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Decided to get the extended warranty on my BS BL. Debated a lot but I plan on keeping it and using it a lot and for me the peace of mind for this cost was worth it. Went through my local dealer and got a 84 month (starting today), 150,000 mile, 0 Deductible for $2525. Haven't seen any cheaper than that and it was nice and easy and covers pretty much everything except for your normal wear and tear items.
So you got an extra 4 years to the base 3 year warranty?

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you got an extra 4 years to the base 3 year warranty?
Not quite. It's 84 months from now. I've already had the vehicle over 2 months plus it's good for 150,000 miles not 36,000 like the stock warranty. I'd probably have that gone in 2 years.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I feel like paying for a extended warranty now while there is a 3 year bumper to bumper seems redundant. What are the benefits of buying it now as oppose to towards the end of the bumper to bumper?

Husky248

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek
I’m still waiting on delivery of my BL+BL but I’m leaning towards getting the extended warranty for the same reasons. Did you get the Ford ESP and is so which plan:
Premium Care​
Extra Care​
Base Care​
Powertrain Care​

and what is the dealers name? Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with your BS.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m still waiting on delivery of my BL+BL but I’m leaning towards getting the extended warranty for the same reasons. Did you get the Ford ESP and is so which plan:
Premium Care​
Extra Care​
Base Care​
Powertrain Care​

and what is the dealers name? Thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with your BS.
My dealer uses CNA.
Sponsored