Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have an order in for a OB+OB with no production date yet. A different dealership contacted me and may have my exact build on the way. Bad ettiquette to cancel my order and buy from a different dealership off the lot? Could mean the difference of months til ownership.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I have an order in for a OB+OB with no production date yet. A different dealership contacted me and may have my exact build on the way. Bad ettiquette to cancel my order and buy from a different dealership off the lot? Could mean the difference of months til ownership.
If I was in your position. I would buy the one available at the dealer, let the original dealer know you can’t wait that long and wish to cancel the order (if the dealer wants to keep the order for stock let them )

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
If I was in your position. I would buy the one available at the dealer, let the original dealer know you can’t wait that long and wish to cancel the order (if the dealer wants to keep the order for stock let them )
That is why you have a deposit. You can back out, you will just lose the $500 you put down.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Noticed you said “...may have your exact build on the way”. I wouldn’t cancel my current order unless they can be more definite. They can track their orders, so they will know its status. Contact your current dealer have them pull a vehicle visibility report for your order to see if you’ve gotten a VIN and build date. They have 24/7 access and it’s accurate. Then decide which way to go. Once you decide, follow @Central Jersey ‘s good advice.

Good luck!

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
That is why you have a deposit. You can back out, you will just lose the $500 you put down.
I bought my Big Bend off the dealers lot. My previous lease was up. Dealer wanted more than the vehicle should cost ( a little above MSRP ) my options were to settle for a different car , rent something for a few months till I can get a better deal (not worth it ) or pay a premium, I choose pay a premium. ( did not take a test drive, I very much enjoy the vehicle. )

I would think $500 extra to get a Bronco Sport a few months earlier is not a bad deal. When asked how I like my vehicle my answer is: I highly recommended it but would advise waiting for a better deal when they are available in qnty on dealers lots.

OP
OP

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks. My deposit is $1000 with the dealer. I wouldn’t cancel the order until I was the owner of the other BS on the lot. My order just went in last week and my dealer just told me that Inshiukd have my order number and vin within the next week.

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Thanks. My deposit is $1000 with the dealer. I wouldn’t cancel the order until I was the owner of the other BS on the lot. My order just went in last week and my dealer just told me that Inshiukd have my order number and vin within the next week.
I personally wouldn't do it. Depends on your relationship with the dealer. I've dealt with the same dealership for 20 years and can wait the extra months. Don't wanna ruin a good thing.

OP
OP

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your thoughts. Other factors that I was thinking about include not having a car payment for few months (positive) and possibly losing out on the potential .9% APR that is up at the end of March.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your thoughts. Other factors that I was thinking about include not having a car payment for few months (positive) and possibly losing out on the potential .9% APR that is up at the end of March.
Brought this up w/ the sales manager at the dealer I am dealing with. His opinion was if there are incentives this early.. it is indicitive that they will only get better after these programs expire.

NEBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks
Your dealer should still be able to honor the 0.9% regardless of when it’s delivered. Mine has said they would since I placed the order in that timeframe.

OP
OP

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for all the feedback. Super helpful. My dealer did indicate that there is the potential for there to be a better apr when it arrives. Will also ask for them to honor the .9 if that is best option. Decided to hold off and wait for the build and live vicariously through this forum in the meantime.

Shmack It

Badlands
First Name
Shmack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In Ontario, Canada, I keep hearing that 3.99% APR is the only option at this time because that is what Ford Credit has it set at. Are there other options or am I just nieve?

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
In Ontario, Canada, I keep hearing that 3.99% APR is the only option at this time because that is what Ford Credit has it set at. Are there other options or am I just nieve?
Also Canada here, My dealer actually set up my loan through BMO at 2.99%. So, there are other financing options out there, talk to the finance person, they should be able to shop around for the best rate available.

Cheers.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My build printout indicated that Ford was having a promotional .9% APR for 60 months through March 2021. I am in Pennsylvania.