Engine cover installed and MPG improved?

Lilly@

Outer Banks
First Name
Penny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I was disappointed that my bronco sport didn’t come with an engine cover, so I purchased one and had it put on my bronco. Did anyone else notice after adding a engine cover the gas mileage improved 5-6 miles a gallon? Thanks
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Something other than the engine cover has changed.

OP
OP

Lilly@

Outer Banks
First Name
Penny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Did not change anything else. 🤷‍♀️

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
5 - 6 mpg increase with the cover would be the least expensive way for manufacturers to reach CAFE targets. If true, all vehicles would have them.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Suddenly demand for engine covers sky rockets....

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I believe it increases horsepower by about 25% as well!

Those engine covers are no joke.
I heard that off-road capabilities are also enhanced if an engine cover is installed. I have one and have extra G.O.A.T. modes. They could be related to my Badlands trim level OR the fact that I have an engine cover, I’m not sure which. :giggle:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Did not change anything else. 🤷‍♀️
I don’t doubt that you did not change anything but something else has changed. It could have been something that happened during the installation of the cover but that is very doubtful. You did not list the MPG before and after the install, which would be helpful. You also don’t say if the improved mileage has happened for 1 day, 1 week, 1 tank, or what the extent is.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I was disappointed that my bronco sport didn’t come with an engine cover, so I purchased one and had it put on my bronco. Did anyone else notice after adding a engine cover the gas mileage improved 5-6 miles a gallon? Thanks
You have got to be kidding ...

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hahahahahahaha..... gasp.... hahahahaha gasp...gasp..hahahahaha!!!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Engine cover installed and MPG improved? ImpureNeatBellsnake-size_restricted

OP
OP

Lilly@

Outer Banks
First Name
Penny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I don’t doubt that you did not change anything but something else has changed. It could have been something that happened during the installation of the cover but that is very doubtful. You did not list the MPG before and after the install, which would be helpful. You also don’t say if the improved mileage has happened for 1 day, 1 week, 1 tank, or what the extent is.
Sorry I honestly have not ever posted anything on a site like this. Mileage prior to install of engine cover was 29-31 have had the bronco sport for almost a year. It has been a week since we installed the engine cover and mileage has been consistent to 35-36 MPG. Regardless I just thought I would post about the change just an FYI for others and to be helpful. Thanks

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Sorry I honestly have not ever posted anything on a site like this. Mileage prior to install of engine cover was 29-31 have had the bronco sport for almost a year. It has been a week since we installed the engine cover and mileage has been consistent to 35-36 MPG. Regardless I just thought I would post about the change just an FYI for others and to be helpful. Thanks
have you been on the freeway more? What trim? I’ve had both 1.5 and 2.0.

I can tell you that I do see drastic differences in mileage…. Depending on how much freeway I do. Which isn’t much since I still work from home these days.

that sounds about what my split was in my OB I had first. It didn’t have a cover. And I didn’t add one.

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
welcome! 🤗
Sponsored