Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi everyone,

I recently installed an Eibach lift kit on my Badlands. The kit came with springs, McPherson strut eccentric bolts, instructions, and an Eibach sticker. The instructions are not detailed, and I watched lift kit installation videos on YouTube to see the different tools and methods used during the process. I started with the rear springs, and I used two jacks for the installation of each spring. One to support the hub, and the other to lift the control arm back into position. I moved on to the front springs, and used a spring compressor I bought off of Amazon for the task, and used two jacks here also. The springs fit the perches perfectly--I had to make sure that I placed the springs in the perches exactly to make sure it didn't cause noise(Springs that are out of alignment will cause noise when you turn the steering wheel while driving).

I took my BS to a local shop for an alignment, and they didn't need to use the eccentric bolts for the struts. They gave me a before and after print out of the alignment, and they only had to do minor adjustments. I went with the spring lift to minimize issues with alignment, and I like the result of the lift! The new springs feel a little stiffer than the stock suspension. I measured the lowest spot on my BS under the vacuum canister, and it is right at nine inches. The springs lifted my BS one inch in the front and three quarters of an inch in the rear. I am using the stock Pirelli 225/r65/17 tires. I'll install 235's when these wear out.

I have attached photos of a recent trip to Rollins Pass West near Winter Park, Colorado. My wife and I hiked to Kings lake, and it is a beautiful alpine lake. The Rollins Pass trail is rated at a two, and there are some washed out areas--I would rate them at around a three.

Ford Bronco Sport Eibach lift springs for Badlands review Bronco Sport Rollins Pass 2023

Ford Bronco Sport Eibach lift springs for Badlands review Rollins Pass old train trestle 2023

Ford Bronco Sport Eibach lift springs for Badlands review Kings Lake trailhead rain storm clouds 2023

Ford Bronco Sport Eibach lift springs for Badlands review Kings Lake Rollins Pass 2023
Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Nice! Love the Winter Park area!

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I went with the spring lift to minimize issues with alignment, and I like the result of the lift! The new springs feel a little stiffer than the stock suspension. I measured the lowest spot on my BS under the vacuum canister, and it is right at nine inches. The springs lifted my BS one inch in the front and two inches in the rear.
Great write up! Great pics. I'm hesitant to mess with the 'tuned' suspension on the Badlands, but if I were to try for a lift, it would probably be with this Eibach product. Simple and straightforward. Just a longer, stiffer spring. If the alignment shop didn't have to do much, then that bodes well. I also had an issue with a misaligned spring on a perch once, and it just caused non stop squeaking. Its important.

Would be very interested to see how these get along after youve had some time for it to really break-in with the rest of the suspension.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Yes, please continue to keep us informed. I would have hoped for 2" both front and back.

OP
OP
Hot pepper red

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Great write up! Great pics. I'm hesitant to mess with the 'tuned' suspension on the Badlands, but if I were to try for a lift, it would probably be with this Eibach product. Simple and straightforward. Just a longer, stiffer spring. If the alignment shop didn't have to do much, then that bodes well. I also had an issue with a misaligned spring on a perch once, and it just caused non stop squeaking. Its important.

Would be very interested to see how these get along after youve had some time for it to really break-in with the rest of the suspension.
I thought about long term issues also, and the possible effects with the associated components.

OP
OP
Hot pepper red

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes, please continue to keep us informed. I would have hoped for 2" both front and back.
I believe Eibach went with one inch in the front to minimize possible long term issues with the suspension, steering, and drive axles. I like the rake that keeps the aerodynamics of the vehicle.

gatornek

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport; 2016 Mustang 2.3
I thought about long term issues also, and the possible effects with the associated components.
Again, IMHO, you made the "safest bet" for a "quick lift" on the Badlands. If you're successful, I may very well emulate down the road. I'm a big fan of Eibach.

OP
OP
Hot pepper red

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Well, I don't like the ride on rough roads. Feels like I am driving in a one ton truck. I had high hopes for these springs.
Sponsored