P Jon

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
This may be trivial for most, however, it is bugging me.... When I start my 2023 Bronco Sport Badlands... the instrument panel says "Drive Mode not Available" then goes our after a few seconds...

Is this normal or is there a problem?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It might be helpful if you snap a photo of your dash when it comes up next time you get a chance. A quick google search shows it could be a bunch of things but essentially something is telling the computer that the drive mode you’ve selected isn’t doable due to a miriad of possibilities. Do you have it in normal goat mode?
I’m not a mechanic but that, in my experience, isn’t normal but could be something super simple after reading some forums.

Ford Bronco Sport Drive Mode not Available IMG_3824

Last edited:

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I would try all the GOAT modes and identify the ones that cause the error. If you have an OBDII scanner, I would see if any of the components have set any error codes.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I would try all the GOAT modes and identify the ones that cause the error. If you have an OBDII scanner, I would see if any of the components have set any error codes.
Alternatively, just take it back to the dealership. It has to go in the shop to get repaired anyway--let them figure out what's wrong with it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This may be trivial for most, however, it is bugging me.... When I start my 2023 Bronco Sport Badlands... the instrument panel says "Drive Mode not Available" then goes our after a few seconds...

Thanks in advance!
It's not trivial. You should not be getting any error messages unless there is something actually wrong with your G.O.A.T. system. I would get it checked out sooner rather than later.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands

Thanks in advance!
There have been a couple folks with defective shift knobs or GOAT selection knobs causing some weird behaviors, such as inability to select GOAT modes or get into Park.
Best to take it in to your dealer to be diagnosed.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Thanks in advance!
Good morning, Jon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this instrument panel concern on my end?
Sponsored