Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Today I forgot to put the car in "Parking" mode before shutting it down. The auto brake option when car is stopped make it looks that is in parking. Glad to see Ford thought about it, the electronic parking brake went on and the rotary shift dial went to "parking" by itself. I hope this mistake doesn't damage my transmission ?
Sponsored

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I forget at least once a week. I love the feature!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Today I forgot to put the car in "Parking" mode before shutting it down. The auto brake option when car is stopped make it looks that is in parking. Glad to see Ford thought about it, the electronic parking brake went on and the rotary shift dial went to "parking" by itself. I hope this mistake doesn't damage my transmission ?
When we did a test drive the salesman showed us that as a feature. Ford must have know that would happen and built that into the software.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
For fun, try opening the driver's door with the engine running and the transmission in DRIVE. The nanny doesn't much like it when you do that...

Ford Bronco Sport Shutting down the car on drive mode NoNoooGIF
Sponsored