Bronco showed the spanner symbol and drive modes were not selectable. Any ideas?

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I was backing out of my garage and put the Bronco in 4W as I was backing up in snow. Bronco showed the spanner symbol and drive modes were not selectable. After a couple of restarts the spanner symbol went away and the drive modes returned but the engine light is now on. I have an appointment on Monday at the dealer. Any ideas?
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Good luck with it! Your dealer should be able to find something if the check engine light is on. On the explorer I’ve had the wrench icon come up twice, both times when I decided to drive it aggressively oddly enough. The first time they cleaned a sensor. The 2nd time I booked it in, but the dealer ultimately told me if it never came back after 1 restart that it wasn’t a worry. Yours sounds like it could be something though. That icon makes me a little nervous as the manual really just says it’s a drive problem & see your dealer.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I was backing out of my garage and put the Bronco in 4W as I was backing up in snow. Bronco showed the spanner symbol and drive modes were not selectable. After a couple of restarts the spanner symbol went away and the drive modes returned but the engine light is now on. I have an appointment on Monday at the dealer. Any ideas?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN? I can take a look at things on my end.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Good luck with it! Your dealer should be able to find something if the check engine light is on. On the explorer I’ve had the wrench icon come up twice, both times when I decided to drive it aggressively oddly enough. The first time they cleaned a sensor. The 2nd time I booked it in, but the dealer ultimately told me if it never came back after 1 restart that it wasn’t a worry. Yours sounds like it could be something though. That icon makes me a little nervous as the manual really just says it’s a drive problem & see your dealer.
I had the wrench come up on my fiesta whenever i gave it the beans. followed by limp mode. especially in the summer. no one could figure it out. eventually i got rid of the car and it forever remained a mystery. just a weird ford thing.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I had the wrench come up on my fiesta whenever i gave it the beans. followed by limp mode. especially in the summer. no one could figure it out. eventually i got rid of the car and it forever remained a mystery. just a weird ford thing.
Ok thanks for sharing that, exactly when it happens to me. I thankfully don’t get the limp mode though, just the adaptive cruise disabling. It’s not been bad or terribly disabling, but still hoping for better on the Bronco.
Sponsored