Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport?

Do you want to keep the retro design on the next gen Bronco Sport?

• Total voters

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Both the Bronco and Bronco sport are sharp looking, don't get me wrong. They spark nostalgia in everyone that's owned, seen, or experienced one in the last 50 years.

But the question, for all you Bronco Sport enthusiasts out there, do you want to keep this retro design or give it a modern redesign? Maybe gen 2 a bit of a mix and gen 3 fully modern?
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
As with the Mustang, Challenger, and Jeep Wrangler (and others), it will run its course and become old. At that time its retro look will loose ground (potentially when sales drop), auto manufacturers will have to perform face lifts and other modifications to continue sales.

Xjeeper

Outer Banks
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport outer banks
if the bronco wasnt "retro" it wouldn't have even been considered by us, all the other "suv" offers are the same ugly shaped design. I only considered 2, bronco sport and the new sante fe, the rest I just dont like the look.

rkym

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
make it look more like 6g and improve approach departure and breakover angle. improve shift paterns or idealy put 10speed transmission and have it shift better. improve transmission engagement and move or shield evaporative unit. No more base bronco and the sport kicks but with a lift and skid plates(bash plates as ford calls them)

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Keep it retro. That was the only reason why I bought my BS.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I remember when GM tried to bring back the GTO badge back in the mid 2000's with a modern design. Epic failure.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
After owning several Jeeps, I traded in my 2019 Cherokee for a 22 Bronco Sport Big Bend. My Jeep looked almost exactly like my wife's Subaru Outback and most other cars. The unique look of the Bronco got my attention and I had to get one. No regrets.

Squier

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Ford would be crazy to not keep it retro. It what sells these things. It wouldn't be a "Bronco" with modern styling. I hope they make it even more retro looking while updating features. (Changed my vote to "more retro")

Last edited:
OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
After reading these comments and studying the look of the BS and full size Bronco... I think the only major "retro" portion is the grill and headlights. The rest looks different. Still some modern design but not so much smooth/rounded/jelly belly.

I don't like the lights of the Maverick. I think the Ranger is on a different platform so that wouldn't make sense. But I think the lights/grill could be the only area to move into the modern age.

I think this should be done on the third gen. They did get a lot of people to buy the first gen based on name and nostalgia. After another 8-10 years, the ones that bought these will be looking for a replacement.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
After reading these comments and studying the look of the BS and full size Bronco... I think the only major "retro" portion is the grill and headlights.
My vote would have been make it more retro, but you did not give that as an option.

edit: vote updated/changed

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Only retro or more retro. But that isn't to say they can't improve or modernize a lot of things.
-Make rear windows able to drop fully.
-maybe make rear glass drop, therefore larger opening and wipers that serve a purpose.
-reduce the cavernous wiper area in front.
-use modern design, engineering and assembly to make the body panels actually line up.
-eliminate the shiny plastic and other scuff prone surfaces.
Sponsored