MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Just removed auto start/stop with forscan doing the pscm method and it works great, no warnings or bcm turned off

PSCM 730-03-01 xxxx xxxx 00-
??? Beat me to it. I've mostly been making small SYNC 3 alterations and studying the catalog of items before making any big changes.

How long have you had it turned off? And are there any incidentals you have noticed yet? (DTC Code, indicator on the button, etc...).

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Commenting so I can find this later.

What exactly does "disabled" mean in this usage? You removed the feature, or it now defaults to off when the car starts?

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
There's also something called a Can Opener from 4Dtech that you plug into the odb port and it disables it without flashing anything. Nice to have options.

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No issues yet only a message in the autoss screen on the dash which I never look at. The button works but is pointless due to autoss being disabled. Still playing around to see if the button can reactivate autoss without a computer

OP
OP
ctrabbit25

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There's also something called a Can Opener from 4Dtech that you plug into the odb port and it disables it without flashing anything. Nice to have options.
I've seen that but this option is much cheaper?

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No issues yet only a message in the autoss screen on the dash which I never look at. The button works but is pointless due to autoss being disabled. Still playing around to see if the button can reactivate autoss without a computer
Cool. I've got some good backups of all the As-Built settings at this point, so I'll likely give a shot myself in the next few days. ?

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I would like to just default it to being Off. But still turn the feature back on if I needed to. Only thing I've done so far with Forscan is add my heated seats and wheel the sync screen.

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Then this might be the solution for you. I don't have any experience with it myself, just sharing.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/ford/products/2021-ford-bronco-sport-autostop-eliminator
EDITED: I remembered I had one of these with the same specs so I tested it this afternoon and it does NOT keep the autostart from turning off the engine

Or way more cheaper...it was reported here last December that you can just plug an LED nightlight into the AC power outlet and the fact that the inverter is doing something keeps the engine running.
https://www.amazon.com/GE-40867-Always-Compact-Design/dp/B07BZBBXGP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2MBJYOWJ8LMNO&dchild=1&keywords=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in&qid=1607724616&refinements=p_36:100-500&rnid=1243644011&sprefix=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in,tools,168&sr=8-3

Last edited:

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Made the change over the weekend and I can confirm that for the most part it is a "silent" change. No DTC codes are generated, and as you have mentioned, the only indication that it has been disabled is in the dash display when you first start up and then whenever it would have engaged while driving around town (the rest of the time it doesn't display at all).

Ford Bronco Sport Disabled auto start/stop with Forscan 20210904_142735 (2)_LI

????????????
Sponsored