MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
I would like to just default it to being Off. But still turn the feature back on if I needed to. Only thing I've done so far with Forscan is add my heated seats and wheel the sync screen.
Do you remember what code change you made for the heated seats display in SYNC?
Sponsored

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just unplugged this terminal from the negative side of the battery post on my OB. Auto Start/Stop disabled. I haven't noticed anything else being affected. I'll tape it up to keep it clean, and will watch for adverse reactions as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Disabled auto start/stop with Forscan IMG_4846.JPG

Update: I get this message each time I start, but I haven't seen anything affected. Maybe the alternator will keep working. It's annoying, but so is my engine cutting off at a traffic light.

Ford Bronco Sport Disabled auto start/stop with Forscan IMG_4848.JPG

Last edited:

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just unplugged this terminal from the negative side of the battery post on my OB. Auto Start/Stop disabled. I haven't noticed anything else being affected. I'll tape it up to keep it clean, and will watch for adverse reactions as well.

Ford Bronco Sport Disabled auto start/stop with Forscan IMG_4846.JPG

I'm fairly certain that's the current-shunt used for measuring current flow to/from the battery. That's a pretty draconian method of disabling auto-start/auto-stop subsystem on a heavily computerized vehicle.

The BCM uses that current-shunt's data as part of determining recharge strategy for the battery (alternator output control) among other things.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
EDITED: I remembered I had one of these with the same specs so I tested it this afternoon and it does NOT keep the autostart from turning off the engine

Or way more cheaper...it was reported here last December that you can just plug an LED nightlight into the AC power outlet and the fact that the inverter is doing something keeps the engine running.
https://www.amazon.com/GE-40867-Always-Compact-Design/dp/B07BZBBXGP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2MBJYOWJ8LMNO&dchild=1&keywords=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in&qid=1607724616&refinements=p_36:100-500&rnid=1243644011&sprefix=2+pack+led+night+light+plug+in,tools,168&sr=8-3
But i want a Bronco night light….

Reactions: Jrl

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
But i want a Bronco night light….
When I push the start button I reach a few inches at 1 o clock and I push the auto button,all done takes about a half second . I think a lot of us are stressed about absolutely nothing . This has worked for me for now 7 months. I find it to be a non issue for myself .
Ford Bronco Sport Disabled auto start/stop with Forscan CC30AB9E-157B-490D-BD40-3DCD2C5E2585

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jrl I totally agree. It’s literally pressing a button. Doesn’t get much easier……
I don’t know
@Jrl I totally agree. It’s literally pressing a button. Doesn’t get much easier……
I don’t know are we missing something here zero cool . It must be my old age , I am totally lost with the whole idea . Just push the dam button !

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
What really annoys me is when I get to the stop sign down the street and the engine stops and then the steering wheel jerks in my hand when the power steering is lost. The people who live on that corner must wonder why I always say “Damnit” when I stop there. :curse:, I too just “hit the button “ (most times).

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When I push the start button I reach a few inches at 1 o clock and I push the auto button, all done takes about a half second . I think a lot of us are stressed about absolutely nothing . This has worked for me for now 7 months. I find it to be a non issue for myself .
I wish it were that easy. I've trained in so many things that my brain sometimes refuses additional instruction. One button to Start the BS. Another to keep it started? Illogical!

I get your point. I think we're just hard-headed.

Reactions: Jrl

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I agree that the auto stop/start can be annoying, but it is a useful feature. The amount of fuel that is wasted on idling cars throughout the world must be horrendous.
If I don’t feel like using it, a simple button press or a shift to Sport mode is all it takes.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish it were that easy. I've trained in so many things that my brain sometimes refuses additional instruction. One button to Start the BS. Another to keep it started? Illogical!

Funny post like this keeps me smiling ? .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

It's just a severe amount of instruction.

1. Get in, close and buckle up. Some of us have to switch to driving specs...
2. Press Brake pedal.
3. Press start button before the animation stops or you have to watch it twice.
3a. (optional) Make necessary adjustments to windows, HVAC, heated components, wipers, lights, radio.
4. Pres auto start-stop disable.
5. Select Eco Drive (optional)
6. Release parking brake.
7. Shift to D or R.
8. Look around. Safety first, but it's last.
Sponsored