thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
So, it's been reported by others that some have a hood blanket others don't. My dealer says that Ford started leaving off parts during build when I asked about it. I don't suppose we can get "we owe" orders on them after the sale. However there are other parts missing from mine.

For me, I ordered cross rails and they are not in or installed on the vehicle. Also, I have no engine cover.

What are you missing?

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 20210623_202943
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I ordered cross rails and they are not in or installed on the vehicle. Also, I have no engine cover.
Cross Rails are delivered separately and installed by the dealer . Ask them what happened to it . Could it have gone to the parts department?

My vehicle had an engine cover but it was removed by my body shop to fit my air horns . I would ask the dealer to get you one as the vehicle didn’t have it.

You probably inspected your vehicle before signing for it but nobody expects you to check under the hood for missing parts . Dealer needs to take care of this for you.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cross Rails are delivered separately and installed by the dealer . Ask them what happened to it . Could it have gone to the parts department?

My vehicle had an engine cover but it was removed by my body shop to fit my air horns . I would ask the dealer to get you one as the vehicle didn’t have it.

You probably inspected your vehicle before signing for it but nobody expects you to check under the hood for missing parts . Dealer needs to take care of this for you.
I second that and also you will need to deflate your tires.

I'm still not sure what is the option to get both sides of bottom air deflectors... Check yours.

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just like Central Jersey said, our cross bars were shipped separately and had to be put on at the dealer.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, it's been reported by others that some have a hood blanket others don't. My dealer says that Ford started leaving off parts during build when I asked about it. I don't suppose we can get "we owe" orders on them after the sale. However there are other parts missing from mine.

For me, I ordered cross rails and they are not in or installed on the vehicle. Also, I have no engine cover.

What are you missing?

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 20210623_202943
It's odd...I watched a full bronco review of the manual 7 speed. They showed the engine bay and panned the compartment. I didn't think anything of it other than wow neat shot just a bunch of metal and hoses...now that I see your engine bay and statement their motor didn't have an engine cover either ...hmmm I need to check mine for the insulation and engine cover. I haven't really paid attention.

KCBroncoSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F-150 Lariat, 21 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not all cars have hood insulation. Most Toyotas would be the most prominent that pops into my mind. Could be that Ford made a small tweak and decided not to ship them with hood insulation after a certain build date, or could be a mistake too.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
It's listed in the Ford Parts data base, it's strange there are multiple reports of the covers being missing on brand new cars. Going to be one of first thing I check when mine finally gets delivered. This is the one listed for the 1.5L engine models.

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? 1624655539120

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I mean in the end...if the engine cover is missing it appears to be a dressing issue. My old 72 nova was wide open and so easy to work on...then again it didn't have ANY tech compared to the NASA computers of today?

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I'll add that my OB was delivered in January. I have an engine cover but no hood insulation.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
The Engine cover should be there & it may not of been left off by the Factory , who knows what the Dealer looked at or cleaned or what ever , ya never know . I would make sure they got on installed . Now the Hood insulation , I don't need it, but colder climes might .

OP
OP

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
I think the factory ran out or they stopped installing them. I am missing the mounting studs. So also parts two and three from the diagram.

Here's a picture of mine near the alternator and a the same area in a screen shot from the JLT performance oil separator video.

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? Screenshot_20210625-213051_Gallery

Ford Bronco Sport Delivered with missing parts? Screenshot_20210625-213124_YouTube
Sponsored