Coolant leak

First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
So my 2021 Bronco sport went in the ford dealer bc my heat wasn't working. Had it for 6 weeks and replaced the head gasket. Got it back on Sat and Sun the light came on for over heating and stopped running. Back to ford. Should be interesting what ford does.
anyone else with this issue?

Ford Bronco Sport Coolant leak IMG_8714
Sponsored

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Several posts with leaking coolant issues. Will have to wait and see what your diagnosis is before it can be considered a common issue with the other posted problems.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Replaced head gasket...bummer. Most other reports regarding coolant leaks involved the water pump. If yours was leaking coolant into the cylinders via a bad head gasket that's not good. Did you happen to notice white smoke from the tailpipe?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So my 2021 Bronco sport went in the ford dealer bc my heat wasn't working. Had it for 6 weeks and replaced the head gasket. Got it back on Sat and Sun the light came on for over heating and stopped running. Back to ford. Should be interesting what ford does.
anyone else with this issue?

Ford Bronco Sport Coolant leak IMG_8714
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Davewied

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Sorry to hear about the troubles.

I have a 22 badlands with just over 37k miles. It has been trouble free until last night when it started chugging and then blew a lot of white smoke. Noticed coolant level was low. Looks to be a head gasket. Getting it towed to a dealer now.

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
would seem odd for a second head gasket to crap out
potential for leaking coolant seal in the turbo
hairline crack in head

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Sorry to hear about the troubles.

I have a 22 badlands with just over 37k miles. It has been trouble free until last night when it started chugging and then blew a lot of white smoke. Noticed coolant level was low. Looks to be a head gasket. Getting it towed to a dealer now.
Good morning, David! I would be glad to help you out further with these coolant concerns. Just shoot us a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". Thank you!

OP
OP
First Name
Rose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Replaced head gasket...bummer. Most other reports regarding coolant leaks involved the water pump. If yours was leaking coolant into the cylinders via a bad head gasket that's not good. Did you happen to notice white smoke from the tailpipe?
Yes cylinder 2&3. I didn't notice white smoke. This time they said air pocket in it.
Sponsored