SmokeShowJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
14k on the clock, using coolent. I borescoped all 4 cylinders no intrusion found. I'm pretty sure it's not a head or gasket problem. Complete inspection on engine shows no leaks, drips or wet spots any where at all. Everything completely dry. I'm thinking now it's a bad EGR Cooler leaking the coolent into the exhaust. Is this a known problem with the 2.0 Egoboost ?? I'm losing about 8 ozs of coolant every 500 miles. Anyone else having or had the problem ?? Thanks in advance for any help with this...
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Recent model year 2.0 coolant loss has been tied to the EGR cooler.
My advice is if it's under warranty take it to the dealer and have them figure it out.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
14k on the clock, using coolent. I borescoped all 4 cylinders no intrusion found. I'm pretty sure it's not a head or gasket problem. Complete inspection on engine shows no leaks, drips or wet spots any where at all. Everything completely dry. I'm thinking now it's a bad EGR Cooler leaking the coolent into the exhaust. Is this a known problem with the 2.0 Egoboost ?? I'm losing about 8 ozs of coolant every 500 miles. Anyone else having or had the problem ?? Thanks in advance for any help with this...
Here's more info about failed EGR coolers.

https://natrad.com.au/info-advice/how-do-i-know-if-my-egr-cooler-is-failing/

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hi Joe! I can look into your bronco's leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?
Sponsored