Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Recent recall work done at dealership, and comment on paperwork was that coolant reservoir was dry. More diagnostic work needed. Advisor asked me to keep an eye on it. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Have them do a coolant pressure test to see if system is able to hold pressure. A lot of 1.5s had leaking water pumps replaced.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The 1.5L engines have had problems with leaky water pumps. Also cracked injectors. Monitor both. I have the 2.0L and added a little coolant at 30k.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The 1.5L engines have had problems with leaky water pumps. Also cracked injectors. Monitor both. I have the 2.0L and added a little coolant at 30k.
Do you have data regarding the number of cracked injectors?

Reactions: ZQ8

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don't have the numbers, but it is serious enough that Ford issued a recall on them.
You might want to reread the text of the recall; it’s not for faulty injectors. Injectors are mentioned, but they are not the subject of the recall. If this were a recall for the injectors the NHTSA would require Ford to replace them.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have better things to do than research recalls on a vehicle I don't own. Since you seem to know why don't you enlighten the OP?

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I have better things to do than research recalls on a vehicle I don't own. Since you seem to know why don't you enlighten the OP?
If you're going to make the statement (and it is absolutely untrue, there is no recall for cracked injectors) you should have the data to back it up. We all have better things to do than constantly read posts making false statements. Cheers!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
This is how internet myths are created and spread. If you can't back up a statement, don't make it.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Come on people, let’s all give Bronclahoma a break, perhaps it just wasn’t fully known there is both a recall to install the drain tube, PCM Programming and there is Ford’s Customer Satisfaction Program 22N18.

yeah those are 2 different things and 1.5L owners need to be aware of both and many need to be educated of the differences of those 2. But we all don’t need to comment when someone makes a mistake - simply point out the facts with specific information such as this:

1. 22S73 NHTSA Recall 22V859
https://ford.oemdtc.com/11511/22s73-pcm-programming-and-drain-tube-installation-2020-2023-ford-escape-2021-2023-bronco-sport

2. Customer Satisfaction Program 22N18
This program provides a no-cost, one-time replacement (if needed) of all three high-pressure fuel injectors for 15 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. This is a one-time repair program.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10233848-0001.pdf

Some might just confuse the two items above or only know about one or the other or might use the word recall when “Customer Satisfaction Program” is the correct term.

But there is no need to gang up and jump on them, another choice is to provide the correct info.

This is a forum to help others not to bash others.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Come on people, let’s all give Bronclahoma a break, perhaps it just wasn’t fully known there is both a recall to install the drain tube, PCM Programming and there is Ford’s Customer Satisfaction Program 22N18.

yeah those are 2 different things and 1.5L owners need to be aware of both and many need to be educated of the differences of those 2. But we all don’t need to comment when someone makes a mistake - simply point out the facts with specific information such as this:

1. 22S73 NHTSA Recall 22V859
https://ford.oemdtc.com/11511/22s73-pcm-programming-and-drain-tube-installation-2020-2023-ford-escape-2021-2023-bronco-sport

2. Customer Satisfaction Program 22N18
This program provides a no-cost, one-time replacement (if needed) of all three high-pressure fuel injectors for 15 years of service or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. This is a one-time repair program.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10233848-0001.pdf

Some might just confuse the two items above or only know about one or the other or might use the word recall when “Customer Satisfaction Program” is the correct term.

But there is no need to gang up and jump on them, another choice is to provide the correct info.

This is a forum to help others not to bash others.
Ye.s. I mispoke. The whole purpose of the thread is to let the OP know his vehicle could have issues with injectors and water pumps. I'm done.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Ye.s. I mispoke. The whole purpose of the thread is to let the OP know his vehicle could have issues with injectors and water pumps. I'm done.
No good dead goes unpunished.

… but you can easily edit an incorrect post by deleting them if no longer useful or adding something like:
EDITED: new info

Which might limit the number of flaming responses.

that won’t fix anyone that replied to your post by quoting your original post. That will live on in infamy unless they also delete their response with your quoted post.

this forum is not heavily moderated so many posts contain ramblings, incorrect info and misleading/confusing info. It is what it is. I’ve done it too but often try to go back to edit my posts, delete them or issue a retraction.

OP
OP

Cyclone-2021

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Finally got it back to dealership, and it was the water pump.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51