Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
It worked with my 2021 BL+BL. I installed both the console and rear seat vault myself.

Looking at the details of the 2022 BL Package it describes the center console a bit differently than it did in 2021, but the problem you mentioned involves the Premium Package. I tried the same thing you did and it wouldn't let me have both the Premium Package and the center console vault, although I see nothing listed in the Premium Package that should cause a problem.

Looking at the Console Vault site it does show both vaults available for the 2022 Bronco Sport.

That said, even if it did allow you to add it I would choose to purchase it myself directly from Console Vault and install it myself, as you'll save quite a bit of money. They always have a 10% off promotion running, but right now they are offering 20% off with the code SantaVault21 and shipping is free within the United States.

If your at all concerned about installing either one yourself don't be. As others have mentioned, it's ridiculously easy and takes about 10 minutes.
For the rear seat vault, how much space do you lose? I'd love to have *somewhere* in the vehicle that I can lock up valuables if I need to, but I'm wondering how much the vault decreases that already small compartment.
Sponsored

DatWayMon

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
For the rear seat vault, how much space do you lose? I'd love to have *somewhere* in the vehicle that I can lock up valuables if I need to, but I'm wondering how much the vault decreases that already small compartment.
I'm not sure but in my estimation you don't lose very much. To install the safe you remove the rubber liner so there's a good chance it's a wash. I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the storage compartment and can't find it.

What you could do is measure how much space you currently have and compare it to the interior dimensions of the safe.

From the Console Vault Site...
Interior: 16.625" L x 7.75" W x 3.75" H

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
There’s a clone of the seat vault on Amazon. Decided to give it a try for almost two hundred bucks cheaper.

Construction and Installation seem identical to the official one.

Not that heavy duty, but not that flimsy either, would take some work to open. Major flaw in how it mounts though. You just run some bolts into the styrofoam of the seat. Nothing catches any of the steel that the seat bottom attaches to. You can still yank the whole seat bottom right out along with the box. Pretty sure a good test yank on the box would pull it right out of the seat.

Edit: found some pictures of the one Ford sells, mounting is definitely the same. Also the Console Vault website claims they’ve added three point locking, but there are no photos of that.

Last edited:

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
I’ll probably just add some hardware to catch the bar the seat attaches to.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
There’s a clone of the seat vault on Amazon. Decided to give it a try for almost two hundred bucks cheaper.

Not that heavy duty, but not that flimsy either, would take some work to open. Major flaw in how it mounts though. You just run some bolts into the styrofoam of the seat. Nothing catches any of the steel that the seat bottom attaches to. You can still yank the whole seat bottom right out along with the box. Pretty sure a good test yank on the box would pull it right out of the seat.

Edit: found some pictures of the one Ford sells, mounting is definitely the same. Also the Console Vault website claims they’ve added three point locking, but there are no photos of that.
This is the one I ordered. I figured why pay almost $200.00 more for a tiny Ford oval most will never see. Should be delivered tomorrow.

Sojourner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport

Saw your review on Amazon and clicked "helpful." Still bought it to check it out, but the more I ponder the more I'm leaning toward returning it. Now that you've had for over a year, what are your thoughts? Was it worth the $300?

Cheers.

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I installed one of these in my 350Z. You can use a fingerprint or the key to open. It has a cable that you can wrap around fixed objects in the car to prevent removal. I may have to install one under the seat somewhere or spare tire compartment

Ford Bronco Sport console and back seat vault options Smart_Fingerprint_Pistol_Safe_RP19005_1_800x

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Saw your review on Amazon and clicked "helpful." Still bought it to check it out, but the more I ponder the more I'm leaning toward returning it. Now that you've had for over a year, what are your thoughts? Was it worth the $300?

Cheers.
It’s nice to have, and pretty convenient to use. It was 260 when i bought it. You could get more security for the money with a pistol box bolted or chained somewhere (cables are way too easy to chew through with pocket sized tools). More effort to figure out size and mounting though. It’s a nice spot to stash your wallet and key fob if you’re at the beach or river. There’s a little bit of security through obscurity that the more well known center console version doesn’t have. With the extra anchoring it would take some effort to get into, but the lock is the weak point. I’ve seen the center console ones broken open with blunt force to the knob. I have thought about swapping it for a key lock or shrouding it.

For me, the price/convenience/security balance is okay. I think anything significantly cheaper wouldn’t be more secure. You could go heavier duty and less convenient for the same money, or a little less secure at a far lower price with a cheap lock box cabled under a seat.
Sponsored